Last Farewell 1

Come Back To Me

 

Chanyeol hurried his step to the airport. No…. he can’t let this happen. Kris was too stupid for his own good.  It’s enough to cancel the engagement, for God shake he wouldn’t let Naeun leaved State as well. This means she leaved Kris on other way to explain.

“I have had enough to see you suffer”

Chanyeol knew Kris wouldn’t appreciate his act, but he didn’t do this for Kris only. His mother, father …. He did this for them. He searched for them and assumed the flight around 45 minutes later. He saw Kris’ father and immediately walking fast to the direction. Kris’ father looked up when Chanyeol appeared in front of him. Chanyeol gave him wide smile that could make everyone cringed.

“Auntie told me everything. I can’t let my brother do something stupid more than this” He hold the passport along the ticket he bought just 10 minutes ago. Good for Chanyeol he didn’t bring big luggage so it was okay to bring his small luggage to the cabin. Kris’ father nodded, he understood what Chanyeol means by this words.

“Naeun goes to the cafeteria, I guess she takes time long enough. I’ll call her then” Chanyeol smiled and nodded his head vigorously. When Kris’ father made conversation with Naeun by phone, Chanyeol sent message to Suho. Chanyeol knew it’s coward.

To : Guardian Angel

From : Derp Prince

I’m ready to get Kris’ hyung punches.

He was grinning read his sent message.

Naeun approached them and bowed slightly when she saw Chanyeol stood beside Kris’ father. She was about to ask Chanyeol why he was here, but that’s rude one. Chanyeol smiled knowingly.

“I have no interest to back alone to New York. It will be boring one” Naeun didn’t need the real reason. She was willingly believes the white lie. They waited till the announcement for the flight and went to lounge. No one spill a single word. They were occupied on their own thought.

“Where is your seat Chanyeol?” Kris father’ asked.

“29 A” Chanyeol said quickly.

“You know I like the view outside and I need good nap” Chanyeol played along.

“Do you said you want my seat because you don’t want to listen of Naeun’s blabber” Kris’ father laughed slightly and nodded.

“I’m not the blabbering type” Naeun who walked in front of them turn her head.

“I have no interest to talk with stranger so I will love to hear your blabber, instead” Naeun groaned. She thanked God because Kris’ father and Chanyeol didn’t mention anything about the engagement. She told herself that Chanyeol only needed to go back to New York, but she also knew really well it was far too good to be true. She knew it was all about Kris. Naeun could tell Chanyeol was really disappointed to Kris.

They sat beside each other and Kris’ father took Chanyeol’s seat. It’s comfortable silent before Naeun changed her mind. She took deep breathe.

“As psychology students I can say you want something. Tell me the truth oppa. You must have good reason to be here with us. It’s strange to have you here after last night. Beside the fact that you’re Yifan-ge friend, I must be something related with him” Naeun spoke in Korea, her native language without see directly to Chanyeol’s eyes. She couldn’t believe she said that without shake.

I hear your heart cry for love, but you won’t let me make it right.

You were hurt, but I decided that you were worth the fight

Every night, you lock up, you won’t let me come inside

But the look in your eyes, I can turn the tide

In your heart, in your heart, in your heart,

I can tell you fit one more

“You give up” Chanyeol stated.

“As ordinary people I could say you’re bad psychologist. How could you leave your patient? He needs someone to cure the wound; this invisible wound had ripped him from his live. I’m disappointed with both of you. The man is too stupid to realize he can heal faster with the women beside him and the women is too naïve to think everything will be okay after she leaves. I can’t believe you give up so easily, not just give up on Kris, but your parents, your life, and your happiness. You said you miss your parents, but you leave your parents as well. Did that make sense? You said you get the scholarship offered, Am I to dense to believe all of it as reasons? You run away. I can’t believe Princeton accepted her as one of their psychology students. I guess Freud will be really mad, disappointed at you” Chanyeol said in one breathe. He needed Naeun to realize or actually he needed Naeun to back to her good mind. He let Kris do many stupid things; he won’t let Naeun do the same.

“You wish their happiness, but you are the one who ruin their happiness as well. Don’t run away from happiness, don’t give up on happiness”

… Suho-hyung is the cheesiest sentences I ever let out of my mouth. Well good enough I never considered myself as part of cold heart engineering students even I was part of this architecture department under engineering faculty. I must be the softest one. ….. I hate their cheesy influence toward me. I will kill Baekhyun if he taught me for nothing. It’s embarrassing. …. I really need proper words in my dictionary. Did what I say make a sense.

Chanyeol didn’t realize he said his thought loud enough to hear by Naeun.

“Great you’re confused” Chanyeol introduced his face to his palms. Naeun chuckled with the display of desperate Chanyeol before her eyes.

“Thank you, oppa” Naeun smiled sincerely.

“Would you stay?” That’s all he needed to know. Naeun didn’t say anything.

Chanyeol let out deep sigh. He just knew her yesterday, he knew nothing about her, but his heart told him she was the right one for Kris. His mother said he must believe his heart and he wished his heart was right. When first time Kris told him he loved Jessica, Chanyeol felt uneasy. She wasn’t the right one, he just knew it. Something about her make Chanyeol felt ridiculously fear, but in the end his fear became true. She broke Kris’ trust in the cruelest way. Naeun wouldn’t hurt Kris, he believed it. And it’s all he needed as reason to make her stay. 

“Naeun” Chanyeol called out. Naeun looked up and met Chanyeol’s brown orbs.

“You never took anything from Kris’ hyung the other day. Don’t take it to your heart” Naeun smiled little and nodded.

Chanyeol bit goodbye to Naeun and Kris’ father after landing. He stopped the taxi and told the driver his destination. He didn’t want to go home; all of this gave him great headache. He saw the clock hanging on the wall of the airport. It was 5 pm New York local time. He saw his wristwatch still has set on Vancouver local time 2 pm to be exact. Kris must be at airport wait for his flight to go back to New York at 3 pm at Vancouver local time. That’s mean he would arrive at New York around 11 pm. He turned his phone on, missed call and voice message from Tiffany that informed him Jessica has found out the invitation and she was really upset by their act to hide this matter from her. He couldn’t blame Jessica for what happen to Kris and Naeun, but he couldn’t bring himself to even pity her. Jessica maybe has changed, but it wouldn’t change the fact bring his best friend life upside down.

Kris waited for his flight with his mother beside him. His mother smiled weakly when she caught he was staring to her. Her eyes didn’t shone like the day before, the shine seems disappeared from her beautiful eyes. Kris didn’t need to ask the reason. The announcement told them it’s time for departure and the passengers needed to be at the gate. Kris gave her mother tight hug and waved his hand to her. She waved back and saw his son walked to the entrance.

“I can stand here because I know you will come back home someday, but I can’t do the same to Naeun because I’m afraid that will be last farewell”

She let tears streaming down her face.