Better.....

Come Back To Me

 

Kris left his house to get some paper from his office room. He stood in front of his law firm building. Kris was known as one of the best lawyer in New York, not just in New York but maybe in US as well. He graduated of Yale Law School. He gave all his life for this job, built his own firm after the horrible past 6 years ago.

He shook his head. He grabbed the files from his desk, he wanted to go back to his house, but thought that finished it in his office would be more efficient so he stayed. He opened his journal and saw a photo, Jessica and him….

It’s over Kris…. He took the photo and threw it to the garbage. Kris turned off the light, he wanted to go home and sleep. He wanted to erase all the bad memories.

He opened the door of his mansion. He walked across the the living room and saw Naeun was there sleeping. He smiled to himself. He shook his head; this girl didn’t listen to him again. Yi Fan kneeled down in front of the couch and watching her sleep. She was sleeping peacefully. He stood up when Naeun stirred a bit. Naeun rubbed her eyes and adjust her eyes with the light. Her eyes widen when he realized Yi Fan was standing there.

“Gege, you have come?” She smiled. Kris just nodded and walked up stair. He turned around when he was in the middle of the stair.

“You better go to sleep. Lao ma won’t be happy if she knows. You don’t need to wait for me” Yi Fan made his  way to his room. Naeun smiled to herself. It’s not the first time she got the cold shoulder. She knew who she was. She was really grateful Wu’s family adopted her after his parents, their employees, died in car accident. She tried her best to be good daughter, worked hard to be the first in school, made them proud and did everything to make his new family happy. She didn’t say anything when Yi Fan’s mother told her that she will marry their son. She just nodded. Yi Fan never let out single word. Actually, Yi Fan was cold, but kind enough to her, but after she saw he was crying and she tried to comfort her, Yi Fan changed to be cold more than before. He didn’t allow her to call him, Kris like his friends or his family. He treated her different. She knew it, she never mind it. She grabbed her books and went to her room.

That’s morning Naeun woke up earlier. She gathered all that belonged to her. She just brought three pair of clothes, a pair of shoes and some books.

Gege, I’m back to New Jersey. Thanks to allow me come here. Have nice day

Kris didn’t sleep, he stood behind the door.

Naeun came at weekend, Friday evening actually and back to New Jersey on Monday’s morning. Kris never spoke to her, if it’s not necessary. His driver was the one who pick her up.

He opened the door after sure she wasn’t around anymore. He saw box of gift outside his door. He opened to find chicken soup series new books and another motivation books. 

You deserve the better one, Naeun. 

Kris sighed and closed his door.