Coincidence

Come Back To Me

 

“Tiff, I'm going to go to toilet, okay?” Jessica informed Tiffany. Tiffany nodded and still busy chose tie for Chanyeol’s new coat that she bought earlier.

Jessica was on the toilet. She washed her hands. She searched for tissue but didn’t found it.

Someone patted her shoulder, she jumped.

I’m sorry to surprise you. You can use my tissue” Cute girl gave her tissue. She took it and thanked her.

“Are you Korean?” Jessica asked. The girl seemed surprised, but she smiled and nodded. She introduced herself.

“Choneun Song Naeun imnida. Nice to meet you. Please take care of me well” She bowed toward Jessica.

Jessica smiled to her. She introduced herself as well. Tiffany went to toilet, she checked on her what made her took so long time in the toilet. Tiffany smiled when she saw Jessica chatted happily with young girl on the bench not too far from the shop. She made her way approached the two.

“Have new friend and you forget about me?” Tiffany pouted. Jessica rolled her eyes. Naeun stood up and bowed.

“Mianhae. Choneun Song Naeun imnida. Nice to meet you, eoonie. Please take care of me well. Once more I’m really sorry. I don’t know that Jessica eonnie comes with her friend” She bowed once more.

Polite…. Tiffany thought.

“Hahaha…. Don’t be so formal. Anyway my name is Park Tiffany, nice to meet you too Naeun. I like your attitude” Tiffany complimented. Naeun just smiled.

“I’m hungry. Do you want to eat with us?” Tiffany asked.

“Is it that alright? I don’t want to disturb both of you” Naeun still smiled.

“No…. I like to have you with us. Jessica sometimes really boring” Tiffany friend. Naeun closed his mouth with her hand to suppress her laugh.

They asked Naeun what she want to eat and Naeun said it’s okay for her to eat everything. Jessica and Tiffany really like her personality. It was rare to find young woman that have good manner in this city they called New York. Nope, it’s not in bad way, but maybe people just care about their business and hedonism took the world.

They chose Chinese restaurant as their destination.

“What do you want to eat?” Tiffany asked them both.

“I want…….. “

“Okay same on me”

Two……, ………… “ Tiffany ordered in Mandarin and smiled to the waitress.

“How about you Naeun?” Tiffany asked.

“I have no idea, gege always ordered for me” She mumbled.

“You have no idea what to eat?” Tiffany asked patiently. Naeun nodded. Tiffany asked the waitress what the best cuisine there. She answered in Mandarin.

Okay. Can I have the first menu that you have describe jiejie and ehm I guess green tea is okay for me. Xiexie, jiejie” Naeun said in Chinese and smiled.

You’re welcome” The waitress replied.

Tiffany and Jessica were amazed.

You know Mandarin?” Tiffany asked.

Are you Chinese, eonie?” Naeun asked back.

I was born in Hongkong, I’m not Korean. Where do you learn Mandarin?” Tiffany smiled.

Lao ma taught Mandarin toward me”

Lao ma? Are you half Chinese?

No… No… I’m Korean. It’s just…..” Naeun seemed confused how to explain.

 “Well… Well… I don’t understand. Let’s talk in Korean or English, would you?” Jessica felt annoyed, Tiffany let out a laughed.

“Are you student in here?” Jessica asked.

“Not in New York, but the neighbor town, New Jersey, eonni. I’m in 2nd grade of Department of Psychology of Princeton University. ” She smiled.

“You must be really smart” Jessica complimented.

“I just work harder, eonni. I’m not that smart” She smiled to Jessica.

“Not like someone beside me” Tiffany mumbled. Jessica sent her death glare, Tiffany just made face.

“How about you, eonni?” Naeun asked excitedly to Tiffany and Jessica.

“This is Mrs. Park and she is decorating artist, his husband is architect. I just play around, have no work to do. Thanks to my father he still send me money every month” Jessica didn't need Tiffany to answer, she did it for her. She smiled sheepishly

“What is your hobby?” Naeun asked. Tiffany and Jessica smiled and answered everything she asked. Naeun knows how to cheer the day. Tiffany noted.

Tiffany was really happy. Jessica talked freely and smiled.

“Now tell us about yourself” Tiffany asked.

“My name is Song Naeun. You have known about that… hehehe… I’m 18,5 year old. I live in New Jersey because that’s place of school I attend. I live in student resident. I…..” Naeun’s phone rang; she excused herself to answer the call.

Tiffany and Jessica chatted happily. Naeun came back.

“Eooni, mianhae I have to go now. I’m really sorry; I forget I promise to come home after buy some books.”

“It’s okay, I’ll ask the waitress to get your order. It’s my treat and I don’t take no” Tiffany stood and went to the cashier, asked them to wrapped Naeun’s ordered. Naeun followed behind, she thanked her and ran out.

“I guess someone is waiting for her” Tiffany said when she back to her seat.

“He must be really lucky to have her. I’ll kick his if he hurts her even a bit” Jessica said sincere. Tiffany saw Chanyeol looked for them, she waved her hand. Chanyeol smiled and approached them. He kissed Tiffany’s right cheek and took seat beside her.

“Have you order?” Chanyeol asked.

“I have order yours like usual, right?” Tiffany smiled and Chanyeol smiled in return.

“It’s turn to creepy if you smile too bright” Jessica scoffed. Chanyeol eyes widen, Jessica was come back. Old Jessica…. Tiffany nodded knowingly. Yes, long time they didn’t hear it. Inside her heart she thanked Naeun.

They came home at 8 p.m. Jessica excused herself, she was really tired. Chanyeol and Tiffany nodded and went to their room. Tiffany searched for the invitation. Chanyeol grabbed her wrist.

“You won’t come there. I’ll come alone. Yi Fan hyung didn’t mind it” Chanyeol said.

“I just want…..”

“No, Fany-ah. You can’t do anything. It’s hard for me too, Fany. Please, do me favor. Don’t do anything, I’m begging you not as your husband, but I’m begging as someone’s friend… He deserves the best one. Sorry” Chanyeol left their room and grabbed his car key.

Chanyeol never asked something from her. He always gave and gave, he wasn’t mad when Tiffany brought Jessica to their home though he knew how mad he was when he found out Jessica cheated on his best friend. He tried his best to pretend that he was okay. He didn’t yell to her when she confronted Kris and shouted to him. Chanyeol was the one who apologized to Kris. Tiffany realized she was shellfish; she was blinded because of her friendship.

Chanyeol sometime is childish, but he comes so mature when it related to his friends and me. Chanyeol is younger than me, but in our marriage life, it’s always me who acts like children.