Letter

Come Back To Me

 

          Jessica helped Tiffany to clean the house. They were chatting happily at master bedroom. Jessica was joking around about Tiffany’s life while the other just snorted or pretend didn’t hear what Sica said.

“I bet Chanyeol must be beast because your moan could …… “ She stopped, Tiffany waited for her throw insult. But nothing came. Tiffany turned her back, she widened her eyes.

… The invitation

“Wu Yi Fan and Song Naeun” She whispered.

“Jes, it’s ….”

“Why you didn’t tell me” Sica shouted.

Her body was trembling and tears streaming down her face. She saw blankly to the invitation. Tiffany tried to touch her, but she yanked away.

“Why Tif… Why you didn’t tell me. Kris….” She broke to her knee. Tiffany kneeled down and hugged her, made circling on her back to calm her down. Sica sobbed miserably, Tiffany tightened her embrace. Tiffany helped her to stand on her foot and brought her to the end of her bed. Tiffany ran to the kitchen and back with glass of water. She thanked God when Sica took the glass and shipped the water till half of the glass before she gave the glass back to Tiffany. Tiffany waited till Sica uttered some words.

“Tif, is the Song Naeun…” Sica didn’t let the words came out of her lips, she was too afraid to believe her mind. Tiffany nodded her head weakly. Sica lies on the bed and saw the ceiling above. She let the tears falling down. Tiffany followed her along, she glanced toward Jessica before she averted her gaze to the ceiling as well.

“She is good woman, right?” Tiffany nodded her head.

“I wish I could make it up with Kris. I wish I never hurt his trust” Sica closed her eyes once again.

Naeun was standing in front of master bedroom. She was hesitated to knock the door. She had no courage to say goodbye, she couldn’t see Lao Ma in this state. Baba said Lao Ma didn’t want to talk to him or anyone. Naeun felt really guilty to ruin her hope. Naeun saw the letter in her hand, she have many think to say, but just some she could manage to write.

“Lao Ma” She whispered and walked away.

Kris saw everything, his chest tightened. He hurt his parents, he made Chanyeol mad, he ashamed his family, and the worst he was the one who took responsible separate Naeun with his family.

He stood in the balcony and watched their car disappeared from his sight. He walked back to his room to find his mother sat on the edge of his bed, her hand hold the letter in her chest tightly. The letter she got from Naeun.

“Lao Ma” She looked up and smiled weakly to him. Her eyes reflected sadness, madness, disappointed, but he couldn’t read the message behind her smile. She walked closer to Kris and brought him to her embrace.

“Promise me, you’ll be happy” She pulled away from Kris and gave Kris the letter. His mother closed the door, Kris felt his heart clenched.

“Lao Ma, Baba, Yi Fan ge thank you for welcoming me came to your family. I never regret my fate, I didn’t lost parents, but God gives me 2 dads and 2 mothers. I don’t know what love is, so it’s totally wrong to say I love you, but I know something really well. Lao Ma, Baba and Yi Fan-ge I praise God to have you in my life. I’m not so good with words, so maybe it will be better if I just stop blabbering. Promise me Lao Ma, Baba, Yi Fan-ge you will be happy. Lao Ma I would love to company you to salon, Baba lets have card game next time, Yi Fan-ge, smile please and be happy J Take care all. Naeun”

“Stupid” Kris didn’t realize he cried until tears fall to the letter in front of him.

Naeun and Kris’ father waited for their flight in the waiting room.

“Baba” Naeun called him. He put the newspaper down and hums to Naeun sign he listened to her.

“Please, don’t be too harsh to Yi Fan-ge. It isn’t his fault; we aren’t in good term to build a family. I mean he sees me as sister and….”

“Naeun, don’t lie to me. Maybe I’m old, but I’m not blind. Yi Fan… he is my son, I raise him. I know my son better” Naeun didn’t argue. It’s finality of Kris’ father. Silence wrapped the atmosphere around them; Kris’ father realized when it comes to Kris. Naeun was totally defenseless; from Kris’ butler he got information about their relationship. Kris didn’t treat her the way he should do neither brother or fiancé, Kris treated her like stranger.

“Naeun” Naeun looked up and saw wide smile on Kris’ father face.

“I need coffee, could you buy me one?” Naeun chuckled and nodded her head.

Kris’ father let out deep sigh.

God, I wish they could marry, but now I just want to see smile on her face. She deserves the happiness and deserves good man.

Naeun took the cups of coffee from the bartender, she turned around and unfortunately crashing the other customer. She widened her eyes and immediately searched for tissue in her bag. She tried to clean stain coffee on the black suit the man wore.

“Sorry, Sir. It’s my fault. I’m so reckless, sorry, sorry” She bowed and bowed till the man stop her.

“Stop it. It’s okay. It isn’t a big deal” He chuckled and made Naeun looked up. She smiled awkwardly and bowed once again.

“I’ll pay for the laundry… eh I’ll pay for the replacement” She said quickly.

The man smiled in amusement. Naeun’s phone rang, she watched the user ID. She answered the call to hear how Kris’ father worried she didn’t come back.

“I’m okay, Baba. I spilled coffee to another customer. Yes, I’ll be back immediately. Okay, Baba”

“Mister… I’m really sorry. It’s my card; you can send the bill to me. I’m really sorry” Naeun cleaned the mess on the floor faster; threw the cups to the bin and ran outside.

“She is really interesting” the man said to himself.

“Song Naeun” He smiled before left as well.