Chapter 7

Passed Out

Over the next few days however no matter how hard he tried, unsurprisingly, JR kept running into Ren and despite his decision would find he was hopelessly happy, but at the same time sad. When they were walking back to the hotel Ren was chatting to JR and he couldn’t bring himself to ignore Ren. As they were turning into the hotel a fan spotted Ren and asked if she could have a hug and Ren said yes, but as JR watched he felt jealous and also heartbroken. There’s no way Ren will ever like me, I should just give up now, JR thought and he left to go to his room by himself. But what frustrated JR the most was how hard Ren was making it for him to stop liking him and this thought only made him sad.

JR sat through the night and debated with himself over whether or not he should confess and whenever he felt discouraged, Ren’s smiling face would appear in his head. JR had the guts to tell Ren how he felt, but he wasn’t sure if he could handle being rejected by someone he would see every day.

By morning JR felt sure of himself, whether Ren accepted his feelings or not, he needed Ren to know how he felt. They had the day off so JR asked Ren if he wanted to hang out and they left the hotel together. The two reached a road and were waiting for the lights to go green when some girls came up to then and asked for JR’s autograph. JR told Ren to just start walking without him and that he’d catch up in a second, so Ren started making his way across the road.

JR started walking when he saw a car coming around the corner extremely fast and was heading straight for Ren. JR sprinted for Ren and tackled him to the ground; Ren landed on top of JR and was fine. But JR hit his head on the road and was unconscious with blood spilling from a wound. Ren and some bystanders all called for an ambulance hoping JR would be ok.