Chapter 2

Passed Out

JR looked at his own soaking face in the mirror still puzzling over what just happened. Ren has said my name so many times before so why is it affecting me only now?? He wondered. Now, that he thought about it, lately he had been a bit more protective of Ren than the others, but Ren was like the baby of the group and everyone liked to spoil him so that was probably the only reason why. Yeah it’s only because he’s like a little brother to me thought JR as he left the bathroom with a small white towel draped over his sleek, wet hair.

Right as JR made his way back though the doorway of the bedroom he saw the doctor starting to Ren’s shirt while he was still passed out. JR didn’t know what came over him but he instantly dropped the towel from his head and ran over and grabbed the doctor’s arm. “What the hell do you think you’re doing taking off Ren’s shirt!?” he yelled at the doctor. What am I doing? Why do I sound, I don’t know...jealous? JR shoved these thoughts from his mind as he waited for an explanation from the stunned doctor.

“Oh I’m sorry that must of seemed weird, but you see Ren has a high fever and that shirt is covered in sweat so I thought it would be better if he could rest in a clean shirt, plus I need to examine him to make sure he doesn’t have a chest infection” said the doctor apologetically. “But I need to get some things from my car so could you change his shirt for me please?” asked the doctor not even waiting for an answer while he strode out the door.

JR looked from the door, to Ren and back to the door again. It took a little while for what the doctor had said to register in JR’s head. “Could you change his shirt for me please?” that sentence replayed in his mind over and over. As leader and the oldest in the group he was always first dressed for concerts and was often asked to help with the others member’s costumes, so what was the difference really? Other than the fact that they weren’t lying on a bed knocked out...