Chapter 6

Passed Out

So it went on from there that every few hours JR would wake the exhausted Ren from his uneasy sleep and get him to drink the medicine before he would drift off again. Towards dawn after the last dose before the morning, JR fell asleep on a chair with his arms and head on Ren’s bed and his right hand over Ren’s left and so the sun came up to reveal this sweet scene, however short lived it was.

Ren awoke at around 8:00am to find him and JR still holding hands and gently woke him up. “Did you stay here the whole night to take care of me?” Ren said in a small voice. JR sat up and felt his cheeks go pink, with Ren’s face so close brought back memories that still confused him. “Uh yeah I did, doctor’s orders” smiled JR. “Really” exclaimed Ren, “I’m sorry I was such a bother, but how did I get in and out of the car? Ren asked. “I carried you” JR blurted out, still blushing over the events of last night.

“Well we better go get some food, ok?” suggested JR and was already out of the room by the time Ren was just getting out of bed. JR’s could only think about how nervous he got when Ren was close and maybe he needed to avoid him for a bit so that things would go back to normal. But this proved to be harder than JR thought.

They were scheduled for a photo shoot that day and by some coincidence, JR and Ren were told to stand next to each other in every photo. JR was becoming restless; at this rate he would probably start thinking about Ren even more than before. But he couldn’t help thinking about Ren. His shining brown eyes and his cute little smile were all that filled JR’s head all the way through the photo shoot.

When they were done the manager said they had the rest of the day off so JR went back to his room at the hotel to try and come to an understanding with his feelings. He thought long and hard about what his actions could mean, but the same conclusion kept wiggling its way back into his head; I like Ren. All of a sudden all his weird behaviour fell into place, why he got embarrassed when they were close, why his heart would beat faster at any accidental touch, why Ren’s smile would make him feel warm inside. But knowing his true feelings only made things harder. JR decided to stop liking him, he couldn’t stand the idea of being hated by Ren if he ever found out, and so starting then he would just try and block Ren out.