Chapter 1

Passed Out

Nu’est had just finished their live performance in Seoul and waved to their adoring fans as they walked off stage. However, the leader JR walked down the hall to the dressing room with his mind on other matters. During the last song Ren was exhausted, but not from the show, he just seemed like something was bothering him, even his usually radiant smile seemed a little forced.

When they had all changed from their costumes their manager ushered then outside to get to the car and leave for the hotel. JR was the last to leave the room after the others and turned from the door just in time to catch Ren. He had passed out. JR yelled for the others and carried Ren out to the car. Ren didn’t wake the entire ride home and just lay with his head on JR’s lap, JR watched as his poor friend suffered and worried about what could be wrong.

When they arrived back at the hotel there was a doctor waiting and he asked JR to carry Ren to the bedroom so he could diagnose Ren’s illness. As JR gently placed Ren down on the bed he let out a small whimper as if he was in pain even when he was unconscious, this only caused JR more grief and guilt. As the leader of the group he should have noticed Ren was in a bad way sooner. Just as JR turned to leave the room a single word that was barely audible left Ren’s lips...”JR”. It was barely more than a whisper, but JR instantly span around and could hear his heart thumping in his ears. Surely I’m just hearing things...thought JR while he walked to the bathroom to wash his face, flustered over what he may or may not have heard.