Chapter 5

Passed Out

JR collected his thoughts and went back inside the bedroom only to stop in his tracks when he saw Ren. He took in the sight of Ren, his perfect blonde hair, pointed nose, sharp jaw line and soft, light pink lips slightly parted from the “kiss”. JR became overcome with the desire to embrace the helpless figure and he realised just how sad and worried he was because Ren was sick. He reached out and before he could stop himself, he Ren’s cheek with the back of his fingers and cupped Ren’s face with his right hand and held it there for a moment. He moved Ren’s fringe with a gentle movement of his fingers and before he even thought about it he leaned over Ren and ever so softly kissed his forehead.

Realising what he had done he jumped up suddenly and started pacing back and forth running his fingers through his dark hair silently cursing at himself for what he had done. What had he been thinking? Kissing his friend! Before there was a reason for doing so, this time he had done it on his own and there was no taking it back. But even though JR was really confused over his feelings he couldn’t really say he regretted it... Ren was still lying on the bed seemingly unaware of what had happened.

JR decided to try and distract himself by reading but this didn’t work so he pulled out a DVD called heavens postman, a movie which his friend Jaejoong had the lead role in. He managed to sit through it. It was a really good movie but whenever the girl and the boy kissed all that he could think of was the soft touch of Ren’s lips pressed against his. JR was getting annoyed, why couldn’t he just forget about it, it didn’t even count as a proper kiss so what was the big deal? He came to the decision that if he had to give Ren medicine they way he did before then he would, purely because he cared about his friend getting better not because of any other reasons.

But when the time for Ren’s next tablet came along JR wasn’t feeling so confident about the whole mouth to mouth thing and tried his best to wake Ren up and he got Ren conscious long enough for him to swallow the capsule but was out like a light again in almost an instant. JR felt relief wash over him at the thought of no lip contact but in the back of his mind he wasn’t sure but maybe, just maybe a part of him had wanted to experience the light caress of Ren’s lips on his again but this fleeting thought was banished from his mind before it fully occurred to him.