Chapter 4

Passed Out

JR realised this would mean staying up all night in Ren’s room and for some reason he felt a little embarrassed, but he quickly directed his thoughts to his computer, a book and some movies so he wouldn’t fall asleep throughout the night. It had just gone 7:30pm and JR figured he should give Ren his first dose of medicine now and placed the damp towel on Ren’s forehead before reaching for the medicine on the bed side table. The medicines had been made so that you could split the capsules and pour it into the liquid medicine.

JR went into the kitchen and picked up a glass and out the directed amount of water to dilute the flavour of the mingling medicines and them added the capsule powder and coughs liquid to the water and swirled in the glass. He then walked back over to the bed and attempted to wake Ren up. “Ren, hey Ren” he said, but Ren didn’t stir. JR tried shaking and even outing more water on the towel but nothing would wake him. He was staying in a deep sleep occasionally turning over.

JR didn’t know what to do but the doctor said that Ren had to take the medicine no matter what to be better by the next showcase in Japan. JR started to get frustrated, how could Ren take his medicine if he wouldn’t wake up? JR was getting desperate, he had an idea but he doubted it would work and he couldn’t imagine doing something like it...but he came to the conclusion there was no alternative. As long as no one found out what lengths he had went to for Ren to take his medicine then he had to.

JR lifted the glass to his lips and took a sip of the medicine and leaned down to Ren and gently placed his lips on Ren’s. Many confused thoughts passed through JR’s head as he gave Ren his medicine and by the time it was over JR had to leave the room and calm down. I just kissed Ren! What the hell did I have to do that for?? Ok, just calm down, it was just giving him medicine it’s not like it counts as a real kiss or anything...Ugh that was so embarrassing!