d. World Of Our Own

A Collection: With You

4/4.

 

She walked into the room cautiously and sat herself on the sofa in front of him. She stared at him expectantly. Yongguk cleared his throat.

 

 “So, um, you probably weren’t expecting this right?” He looked at her with a shy smile. “Anyway, I have quite a bit to say, so just listen till I finish alright?” She just continued looking at him. “I’m not very good with words, as you already know and I know, I write raps, but I’m still not good when it comes to spontaneity. OK, um, never mind. First of all, Jieun, you mean a lot to me. And this is very typical but it really is true; words aren’t enough to show you that. And neither are my actions. I’m bad at expressing the way I feel, even you felt agitated with me when we first started dating right? Every hug and kiss is simply not enough because it’s way more than that. You were I mean are, the miracle that entered my life. When I was going through a tough time because of my job, you were the one that kept me going by telling me to stick it through and not give up. Of course, I could never turn down those foot massages you’d give me, for stress relief as you called it.”

 

He chuckled and her lips tugged at a small grin.

 

“Whenever we fall out, even if you had to throw your pride away and know that I was wrong, you are always the first to make our relationship right, and I’m still amazed that you would stand by me. You’d stand by me even though I was the cause for the countless tears you shed and the heartache you felt. And to this day, at this very second, I still regret ever doing so. But I guess that’s what made us grow stronger. It’s what made me grow stronger.” He paused for a moment, seemingly searching for the right words. “They say women need a strong man to be there for them. But the way I see it, women are capable of being strong, they just don’t show it because if one day the man tumbles and crashes, she’d be there to pick him right up. And that’s what you are. That’s what you do.”

 

He paused again and gave her that famous gummy smile of his. Her eyes welled with tears.

 

 “You are my… shining star.” He turned a deep crimson at his cheesiness and even she struggled to hold back the giggle. “It’s the only thing I can think of right now but remember spontaneity isn’t my thing! Every dark hole I fell through, you were there to pull me out. You are the only one who understands me the way I understand myself. And even though I dislike having to share you with other people, I’m more than happy to share with everyone the love and kindness that only you possess. The fact that you have so much faith and love for me is something I am so, so lucky to have.”

 

Jieun’s hands silently wiped away the tears that had suddenly escaped.

 

 “It’s been six years since we’ve been together and we’ve been married for almost two years. And you’re probably thinking why didn’t I do this on our fifth anniversary right? Well, the excuse would be because you were pregnant and your hormones were all over the place and I was worried.” The child in her arms shifted slightly but continued in his sleepy slumber. “But the reason is I couldn’t find the words or the courage to say it out to you. I wish I had done this earlier because then you’d know how much I appreciate you and how much you mean to me because I know I don’t show it to you enough.”

 

His voice got thick as he held back his tears with a bashful smile. Scenes passed by her eyes; like a movie, memories of the time they spent together.

 

 “Song Jieun, thank you for being my beautiful wife.

Thank you for being the mother of our children.

Thank you for being my best friend.

Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your life.

And lastly, with the very words I want to say to you, every day, every hour, every minute and every second.”

 

He got up and inched a little closer to her, so she could only see his face. His eyes were filled with love and she would’ve bawled out if it wasn’t for that lopsided grin he had.

 

 “…I love you.”

 

Jieun’s face was streaming with silent tears. The video was now showing a montage of the joyful times they had spent together. Their first date, their first anniversary, their engagement, their wedding, and the family portrait they had taken two weeks ago because Yongguk had persistently said Jiyong and Jihee had grown so much since their last family portrait two months ago.

 

 “Jieun?”

She turned away from the screen and twisted around to the voice behind her and saw him standing there. Her lips trembled and her heart swelled as she saw him.

The man she loves.

He searched her eyes and she nodded as he silently conversed with her. She carefully put the sleeping Jiyong down on the sofa and threw herself into his open arms.

He cupped her face and wiped at her tears, and kissed her starting from her forehead, down to the tip of her nose, her two rosy cheeks and finally her lips.

 “I wasn’t expecting this many tears,” he murmured against her lips. She sniffled and brought her arms up to hook around his neck. “I’m sorry.”

 “Can’t you tell these are happy tears?” said Jieun with a hiccup as she patted at her wet cheeks. She pouted and let her finger trail across his collarbone. “God, I am so glad you didn’t do this on our last anniversary. You’d be right about those hormones. I might have gone into early labour.” He let out a light laugh.

She gazed up at him lovingly as he stared down at her. Even though he had said all he could through the video, but with just a single look from him, she knew what he was saying; what he truly felt.

And she knew he understood how she felt at this moment. And for the many moments to come as they shared their lives together. She stood on her tip-toes and captured his lips, into a long and emotional kiss. 

 “I love you.”

 


 

Part 4/4 done~! Fluff fluff fluff as fluffy as a teddy bear! This was for International Women's Day yesterday but I only got round to posting this today. Chyeah girl power! Do comment and subscribe~ Hope you enjoyed this mini-series :)