a. World Of Our Own

A Collection: With You

1/4.

 

“Hana, how long are we staying?” Jieun looked around the dim club and tried to blend as much of her in as possible. Not that the way she was dressed helped much; a pink skirt and a simple printed blouse with heels. “Hana?”

 “Jieun! How amazing is this place?” chattered Hana excitedly. “Ah, it feels good to be here. I haven’t been back since I started working. We are going to end this day with a blast!”

Out of the dimness the deep, raspy voice caught her ears and she trained her eyes on the owner. A stream of words came flowing out, words she couldn’t digest all at once but it gave her an unfamiliar feeling; an unfamiliar yet interested feeling. She couldn’t see his face underneath his cap as hard as she looked.

 “Zinger-yah! Zinger!” Jieun turned towards the voice that seemed to be coming closer and saw that it was the other rapper. Her eyes widened in fear as she tried to pull Zinger away from the yelling intruder.

 “Oh no, he’s coming towards us! Is it because we look so out of place? Are they going to kick us out? Why is he calling you Zinger? Hana? Hana!” Hana ran up to him and gave him a high five with a hug. Not knowing what to do, Jieun remained in the same spot, unmoving. Hana beckoned her over and she begrudgingly obeyed, keeping her eyes as low as possible.

“Jieun, meet Himchan, he’s an old friend of mine,” explained Hana animatedly as the two shook hands. “This is Jieun, we work together. And that’s Jepp Blackman, aka Yongguk.” Jieun raised her eyes and still couldn’t see his face in the club’s darkness. They shook hands silently.

“He’s a man of few words, Yongguk is,” said Himchan pointing at him. She quirked an eyebrow, surprised to find that out about him considering he was quite well-versed on stage. “Drinks on me?”

 


 

She peeked at her phone again, ignoring the caller flashing across her screen. She was supposed to be at Hana's place twenty minutes ago but got off the wrong stop and was now impatiently waiting for the food she ordered. Grabbing the bags filled with food she rushed out the door, colliding into someone causing her to stumble to her feet.

 “Owww! Oh no! The food, the food,” mumbled Jieun worriedly as she picked up the fallen boxes of take-away. Another hand passed her the remainder and she thanked the person without a glance. She got to her feet and patted the dust off her coat.

 “Your purse,” said the person. He held it out to return to her and she accepted it politely. She picked her bags and walked a few steps before she stopped.

That voice. She’d heard it before. She gasped in realisation. She turned around to look at him.

 


 

 “It’s a packed night tonight,” said Yongguk as he peeked out from the side stage. “You ready to roll, Himchan?”

 “I’m ready whenever you are, boss,” replied Himchan as he smiled cockily, punching his shoulder lightly. “Let’s get this crowd wild!”

Yongguk took another deep breath. He could hear Himchan chanting to himself beside him. The cheering roar of the audience was loud and anticipating. And it got louder the moment he and Himchan stepped out and took charge of the stage. He was riding the music; the beats, the bass, the rhythm. He was so focused and into the song and it seemed like nothing could take distract him.

Until he spotted her within the crowd. To say her beauty caught his eyes wouldn’t be the first reason why he noticed her; rather it was her facial expression (and her appropriate primly dressed outfit really). She seemed so absorbed and whilst the rest of the audience were moving along to the music, she alone stood stock-still and just listened.

“Zinger’s finally back to visit. We should take her out,” said Himchan as he wiped the sweat off his face. “And I think she brought a friend along. Maybe someone I can hook up with.” He grinned widely and skipped off while Yongguk tagged along behind him.

In the distance he could see her desperately pulling Zinger’s arm urgently and she was muttering into her ear. Zinger paid no attention and left her behind as she greeted Himchan. Just like the way she was when he was on stage, she stood still and had her eyes looking down. It wasn’t until Zinger called for her when she finally mobilised.

“Jieun, meet Himchan, he’s an old friend of mine,” explained Zinger animatedly as the two shook hands. “This is Jieun, we work together. And that’s Jepp Blackman, aka Yongguk.” He merely nodded and shook her hand silently. The soft brush of her fingers remained on his hand as she pulled away.

“He’s a man of few words, Yongguk is,” said Himchan pointing at him. Yongguk silently studied her face as she raised an eyebrow in surprise. “Drinks on me?”

 


 

His stomach made another growl, hinting for food. Himchan had run back home for a change of clothes and the self-proclaimed visual was taking his own sweet time. The fast food chain he stood next to was tempting him with its aroma. Another growl escaped and he gave in, deciding to get something small to fill his hunger. He reached for the door handle when it flew open and he crashed into someone. She fell to the floor, her bags flying wide open, emptying out on to the cement.

“Owww! Oh no! The food, the food,” she mumbled worriedly as she picked up the fallen boxes of take-away. He helped her by picking up the various boxes and passed it to her as she carelessly said thank you. She stood up to and patted at her coat. It seemed like she hadn’t noticed her knees had skinned in the process of her falling.

“Your purse,” said Yongguk. She accepted it politely and quickly bowed her head as she picked her bags.

That voice. It was the first time he’d heard it. He smiled to himself. He turned around for a final look.

 


 

Lalalalalaaaaa. Umm a bit random, yeah. BTW, Youngjae's tweeted pic. I know I wasn't the only one who first noticed you know who standing next to each other. *draws hearts all over them* Heh. 

Omg, B.A.P concert tomorrow. So jealous. I really hope it comes out on DVD. Anyway, I'm sure the audience are going to have an amazing time! The boys have worked so hard. Have fun to those who are going! :D