Officially Missing You

A Collection: With You

 

 “Oh, Jieun-noona! What’s up?” Daehyun greets her with a welcoming smile and she returns with a small one.

 “Is he alright?” she asks.

Daehyun continues smiling, widening the door gap so she can come in. “He’s resting at the moment. Come on in.” Jieun steps through the hallway cautiously. “His sister just left; she brought him some food. I’m not sure if he’s eaten or not though.”

 “How come you’re here?” Jieun glances at the younger man as he busies himself making a cup of tea for her. She had bumped into the other B.A.P members when she went for vocal practice. “Shouldn’t you be rehearsing with the others?”

Daehyun grins. “Manager-hyung said my schedule got cancelled, so I thought I’d keep the old guy company. But since he’s on order to rest, I have no one to play games with. I’m going to head to the practice rooms right now.” He gently knocks on the door, his body leaning over slightly to hear a response. “Hyung, you got a visitor.” They hear nothing and Daehyun simply shrugs and nods for her to go in. “I’ll catch you later, noona.”

 


 

Jieun’s steps get draggy as she paces herself towards him. He’s sleeping, his breathing uneven like he’s struggling to get a sufficient amount of oxygen in him. That was what brought her here. When she heard about Yongguk’s situation, she felt a sharp lead pierce through her stomach and she worried not only for him but for the other members too.

It wasn’t anything serious and she knew it too. Almost all idols went through it. Stress and overexertion were the cause and Yongguk was no stranger to it. But the fact that it was him made it different. 

 “How long have you been here?” His voice is heavy with sleep. Yongguk pushes himself up to look at her properly.

 “About forty minutes or so,” she answers, her soft eyes taking in his pale self. He rubs his bleary eyes wearily and squints at his watch.

 “Should’ve woken me up.”

Jieun shakes her head. “You looked like you needed the sleep. I see you ate.” She gestures to the half-eaten boxes of food.

 “Yeah, well you know my sister. Tasha wouldn’t leave until I ate enough to stop her nagging,” says Yongguk with a snicker. “What are you doing here?”

She bites her lower lip. She was expecting the question but she didn’t think he would actually ask her. “Just thought I’d drop by; it’s been a while,” she replies simply.

It wasn’t just that though. She missed seeing his face that would always greet her with a smile, even if he was in a mood. She missed his deep, soothing voice that would calm her down when she was down and upset. She missed the way he’d hug her from behind and rub his chin into the top of her head and then she’d whine about how it actually hurt. She missed the way her heart would skip whenever he’d smirk and then with a kiss. She missed him.

 “A few months probably, huh?” Yongguk tilts his head, his gaze still on her. She nods as her eyes locks with his. It wasn’t that long ago when she could read him - when they could read each other - with just a glance. Now all she saw was the unknown that lay behind it, like the vast distance that grew between them after not seeing each other for a long time. “Why are you still standing? Sit.” He pats the space on his bed and she stares at the hand in place. His head nods once, beckoning her over and she reluctantly sets herself down.

Jieun has her back to him, her body hunched over slightly, her fingers playing with her small green bag. He gifted it to her after returning from the Pacific Tour. She feels lost and shy. Possibly awkward and she hates the feeling.

His arm suddenly wraps around her waist and he lifts her body, like she weighs nothing, and she finds herself half-lying, half-upright, her back against him. She can feel his chest move up and down as he breathes. His thumb makes small shapes on her arms, something he used to do when she had trouble sleeping. Neither of them say anything. They lie there, their arms neatly tangling with one another, his left leg resting lightly on hers.

 “Yongguk.”

 “Hmmm?”

She waits for a moment. “Can we- I mean- is there still a chance for us?” Jieun has her eyes shut tight, dreading the long wait for his answer. She can feel the gap widen between their bodies and her heart repeatedly beats while it sinks deeper.

 “I don’t- I don’t know, Jieun,” Yongguk sighs quietly. She remains curled up as he pulls his arm out and her head falls to the soft mattress. Jieun doesn’t say anything. Her eyes burst open and the normally bright window is now splattered with rain. But it is not the rain from the skies, but from her sadness.

She purses her lips tight, suppressing the sobs that threaten to leak.

 “Does this have to do with them?”

She doesn’t want to answer but she nods anyway.

 “And you don’t want to give any of them a chance?” His voice is indifferent, there is neither jealousy nor concern. “I’m sure they’re nice for-”

 “But I don’t want them, I want you.” Jieun forces herself up and her brown eyes stare at him in frustration. She fights with herself for being so reckless with her emotions but she can’t help them slip from . She ignores the tears that stream down her face. “I don’t want to date another idol or some actor, I just want you.”

Yongguk stares back and his expression is stoic.

 “I can’t see myself with anyone but you and it kills me that you’re letting me go so easily. It's like you don't want me.” She wipes her cheeks with the back of her hand. “It’s not fair, Yongguk, it’s not.” Her hands reach up to her pink cheeks again, patting at the incessant dampness.

His large hands carefully reach up and his thumb gently brushes away her tears. She looks down on to his white bedcovers, avoiding eye-contact, feeling ashamed.

 “Let’s get some rest first, hmm?” Yongguk tugs at her arms and pulls her into him. The answer doesn’t satisfy her and she stays stiff. When she feels something soft land on her forehead, she instantly thinks it to be some sort of fluff and her hand reaches up to wipe it away when it clashes with his jaw. He kisses her forehead again and her rigid body relaxes and naturally moulds itself against his strong armour.

Yongguk kisses her temple. Then her cheek. Then the upper corner of the mouth. Her body tingles in every part with each contact of his soft lips. His hands gently rub circles on her lower back and she feels herself get drowsy. His forehead lies against hers, their lips millimetres apart. Jieun waits for what seems like forever until he whispers.

“I’ll always want you.” 

 


 

Wow, it's been a while! Finally got inspiration to write up something and yay it's here. It's the usual fluff and who doesn't like some BangSong fluff. Happy New Year my sweetpeas! Thank you for subscribing, commenting and reading! :) xxx

P.S. For anyone interested, I've just started a JieunxLuhan fic. I am not abandoning the BangSong ship but damn it Luhan and Jieun like my imagination is running wild~ haha. Check it out here :)