Uncomplicated

A Collection: With You

 

He slipped out and sat himself down on the living room couch. It had been a while since he had time alone like this. B.A.P had debuted almost ten months ago and they had been promoting non-stop since then. Thankfully, all that hard work had paid off and although there were many other rookies who had debuted in the same year, he had taken it as friendly competition. Heck, he was just happy to be on stage, doing what he loved most. Performing.

 

But sometimes the schedule was too much and he just wanted some time off. They’d stay up late, till the early mornings, practicing and perfecting the choreography. He wanted to hole himself up in the studio and just work on music. Or meet up with friends he hadn’t seen in a long time, see his family.

 

At this current hour though, there was just one person he wanted to see. He flicked the TV on and flipped channel to channel, settling on one that had Secret as its guests, All The Kpop.

 

There she was.

 

The one with a bright smile and eyes that shone with such warmth.

 

The one who made him nervous yet calmed him.

 

The one who left him breathless yet gave him the air to breathe.

 

He cracked a smile as he saw her attempt at popping, which admittedly wasn’t so good.

 

His phone screen lit up and he quickly put his hoodie on, ready to leave the dorm. After checking on the boys, he quietly left. Walking a few blocks down from his building he found himself at a bench. A pair of hands covered his eyes and he smiled at the familiarity of it.

 

 “Are you Bang Yongguk?” she whispered in his ear. He peeled her hands off, tilting his head up to see her grin down at him. She moved around to sit next to him. “I could’ve done Hyorin unnie’s parts in the Going Crazy MV don’t you think?” He shook his head, his hands still clasped in hers. “Hey, I’m a good actress. I just at varieties.”

 

 “I know. I saw you on the repeat of that new show, All The Kpop,” he said with much amusement. The scene of her robot dance replayed in his head, and he got up to imitate the dance. She giggled uncontrollably and pulled him down, embarrassed.

 

 “Stop it! I didn’t know what else to do.” Jieun pouted and snuggled into his body, her head placed in the nook of his neck. “Are you OK?” He breathed in and out, taking in the scent of her hair. When he still hadn’t answered, she squeezed his hand. “It’s not like you to call me at this time of night, especially when you have an important day tomorrow.”

 

It was going to be their 1st Baby Day. A special thank you concert to those who had supported B.A.P from the beginning.

 

The thought of it made him nervous and unsettled. He wrapped an arm around her, holding her close. “I’m fine.” She looked up at him, her fingers grazing the outline of his jaw. He gazed down at her and felt the nerves of tomorrow die away.

 

In this moment, he could temporarily forget everything else. She was biting her lip, her eyes furrowed with worry. If there was anyone else that he would thank, it would be her.

 

From their trainee days, when they (and Zinger too) had been a musical group, shared their stories and endured the training.

 

To the first time he filmed a music video and later stood on stage, featuring in her solo.

 

To the day before he debuted, when she had sneaked out of her dorm to give him the food she had earnestly made that came along with a little letter of encouragement. He kept it folded in his wallet, safe and for easy viewing whenever he felt down.

 

To this day, when he felt like it was hard and tiring, and she would comfort him in ways no one else could, that one connection he didn’t have with anyone else, except her.

 

She made the complicated, uncomplicated.

 

 “If you’re worried about tomorrow, you know you shouldn’t be right?” her harmonious voice broke through his thoughts. Jieun’s eyes crinkled as she smiled. “You’ve been promoting for nine months, you should be a pro by now! Leader, rapper and owner of raspy voice, Bang Yongguk.” A rumble of chuckles escaped his throat. “Me and the girls are going to be there tomorrow, so you can’t mess up alright? I’m warning you now.” She bared her teeth and glared at him playfully.

 

 “I won’t. I can’t disappoint my fans.”

 

She scrunched her nose in annoyance.  “And me.”

 

He cupped her face in his hands and stared at her face. He leaned his forehead against hers and glanced down at her moist, pink lips. He could hear her breathing, the air between their lips getting humid by the warmth exuded between them.

 

Yongguk gently pressed his lips against hers. He felt the flutter in the pit of his stomach as she responded to his kiss. He reluctantly pulled away and gazed into the eyes of the one he treasured.

 

“Especially you.” 

 


 

Blaaaaah! I was bored and I was listening to this song, and thought of Bang Yongguk and Song Jieun. Coincidentally saw a photo post somewhere and BYG is either always behind or next to Jieun. Hmmmm. Of course, this is also coming from an insane shipper lol. But you have to admit, whether you're a fan or not, that they look so adorable together!

Anyway, thanks for reading! :)