Dinner

Fall in Love

 

Date: June, 2013

Venue: A restaurant at Seoul

 

Gyuri talking to herself after she entered the restaurant.

 

PGR: A guy that I know? Who is he? Hyunjoong oppa should just tell his name. Where is ‘that guy’?

 

Suddenly she saw someone that she is familiar with. She is approaching him.

 

PGR: Oppa! Jungmin oppa!

KJM: Gyuri-ah. How are you? What are you doing here?

PGR: What oppa are doing here?

KJM: I have a date with your soon-to-be-your-sister-in-law. But she might be late. You also have a date here?

PGR: A blind date. Hyunjoong oppa said that I must know him. But I just know oppa here. Hmmm…

KJM: Wah, you are the middle person that help him get Seungyeon back, now he is helping you…

PGR: I know right! Nevermind. Have you seen someone that you are familiar with here?

KJM: Except restaurant manager and the waiters, nobody else. Maybe that person is me?!

PGR: Please don’t oppa.

 

At the very corner of the restaurant, KJJ are watching her, PGR. It has been 15 minutes she is talking with Jungmin. He knows how close they are. He knows they are just friend. But why he feels hurt inside? Looking at the girl that he admire for years. So close yet so far. Talking and smiling with other guy. How he wish, it was him.

PGR: Oppa, I don’t think I know anyone here. I have been standing here for long. If he was here, he should approach me right? But, I don’t think so. I will go now.

KJM: Maybe something emergency came up. Want me to call Hyunjoong?

PGR: Never mind oppa. I still have work to do. I am going oppa. Send my regards to unnie. We shall meet again later. Bye!

KJM: Bye Gyuri! Take care!

 

Gyuri left the restaurant.

KJJ: She left? Why she left? She didn’t saw me here? Not recognize me? Oh God!

 

Jaejoong follow Gyuri going outside the restaurant.  They are just few feet away. Jaejoong try to catch up. When they passing the restaurant parking area, suddenly Jaejoong grab Gyuri wrist and pull her towards his car. Jaejoong’s action really surprise Gyuri.

 

PGR: Aah! Who are you?

KJJ: It’s me!

PGR: Sunbae!

 

Jaejoong open the passenger door and ask Gyuri to come in. Still surprise with Jaejoong’s action, Gyuri just following him. Both of them now are in Jaejoong’s car. Jaejoong start driving. Without destination.  

PGR: Sunbae. Where are we going?

KJJ: I am sorry. Does your wrist hurt?

PGR: No. I am fine. Why sunbae drag me here? Why are you here? Do we have something that we have to talk? If it is about your request, I hope you understand that I kindly reject it.

KJJ: Why are you at that restaurant?

PGR: I actually have a blind date. But ‘that guy’ is not appearing.

KJJ: Why you not saw me? Why you not look at my direction? Why you only look at me as your sunbae? I was at that restaurant?

*Jaejoong talk to himself*

PGR: Did sunbae talk something?

KJJ: No. I am not.

PGR:  What Jaejoong-shi doing there? Meeting friends at that area or have some business matter?

KJJ: I actually went to meet someone.

PGR: So, you are on your way back and saw me, then. Right?

KJJ: Not really, but yes.

PGR: Why sunbae drag me? Where are we going now?

KJJ: Are you hungry? Should we have a dinner? I am going to treat you.

PGR: No, sunbae. I think I am going back to my studio. You can just stop the car at the front there. I will take a taxi.

KJJ: It is already 8 pm. You should just have rest. Please, just this once. You reject it last time, but please this once.

PGR: Thank you sunbae, but I don’t think I will accept it this time as well. I am sorry.

 

There is silent between them. Gyuri looks at Jaejoong face. Calm. She feels sorry to him.

 

PGR: Sunbae.

KJJ: Yea.

PGR: Are you mad at me?

KJJ: No.

PGR: Where are we going?

KJJ: Dinner.

PGR: But… I… Sunbae…

 

Gyuri didn’t know what to say.

 

PGR: This time, Gyuri. Only this once. 

*Gyuri’s monolog*

 

After 20 minutes driving, they arrived at Jaejoong’s favourite restaurant. Very exclusive and private. Both of them are having a dinner. They are only talking about work; Gyuri’s solo album and JYJ’s new album. If not, they are only silent. Still awkward.

It was nearly 10 pm. Jaejoong decided to send Gyuri home. She has lots work to do, but she is tired. Therefore, she agreed to go straight home.

 In front of her house.

 

PGR: I am sorry sunbae. I live here alone, so I not allowed any guy to come in.

KJJ: It’s alright. I understand. Please take care. I will also go back home.

PGR: Thank you sunbae, for the treat. I ask you to divide the total but you insisted. Thank you again sunbae.

KJJ: Jaejoong. Call me Jaejoong. Jaejoong oppa. Please don’t call me sunbae. There are not very many years different from the day we both debuted. So, please call me Jaejoong.

PGR: If this you want, I will call you Jaejoong-shi.

KJJ: Is it so hard for you to call me oppa? *monolog Jaejoong*

PGR: I am going now. Thank you Jaejoong-shi. Good night. Please drive carefully.

KJJ: Bye!

 

Before Gyuri sleep, she checked her phone. 23 missed call from Seungyeon. She call her.

 

PGR: Hello.

HSY: Oh! My! Gyuri! Kim! Jae! Joong!

PGR: What are you talking about?

HSY: Don’t be embarrassed. How is it? So, now you are Kim Jaejoong’s girlfriend right?

PGR: Don’t be stupid! What are you talking about? How do you know?

HSY: How do I know? Are you asking me that question? Have you forgotten that Hunjoong oppa will not reveal ‘that guy’ identity until you agree to meet him? And today, you meet ‘that guy’ right?

PGR: What are you talking about? I don’t understand! I am not meeting ‘that guy’! He didn’t appear at the restaurant! I met Jaejoong-shi by accident.

HSY: What? Are you stupid or blind?

 

Gyuri tell Seungyeon everything. Gyuri suddenly realize the real situation.

 

PGR: Oh no! So….

HSY: I don’t think you are stupid. Just blind!

PGR: ‘That Guy’…. Kim Jaejoong… ?