Chapter Four

Eight Type of Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4. Someone that has the will to share the pain

I didn’t like to be the one doing it to her. However, the members had pushed me to do so since like forever. I didn’t have the guts and was afraid to hurt her, I felt between the line whether to say it or not. I walked toward the kitchen where Jessica had been spending her time eating Sooyoung’s snacks. The view of her back welcomed me after I entered the kitchen; she munched her food without noticing my presence. Jessica is slow at almost everything including being sensitive over her surroundings. I took a bottle of water in the refrigerator. A few seconds later, I landed on the chair next to her while gulping my water. Her lips twitched upward, her faint smile. I smiled back with my infamous eye-smile. I composed myself and prepared my words to be said toward her. I still couldn’t say it though and ended up being quiet-like-statue. Honestly she became better; she rarely cried or felt sad about the problems for two months already. She seemed normal again, although I didn’t feel like she’s the old Jessica that I used to know. Jessica became quieter and chose to spend her time being alone; her cold demeanor had increased to the max. I drank again and again without realizing I had run out of water. She sat again next to me with no word had exchanged between us.

“Sica...” I tried calling her softly. She stopped eating and looked at my direction with those brown orbs of hers. Her eyes were twinkling in excitement.

“I need to tell you some important matters, two important things actually.” I said to her with the bombing anxiety inside my heart whether to say or not.

“I got my ears on you, Sunny. Spill the beans already!” She answered cheerfully without knowing the horrible things I would say to her.

“Do you want the good news first or the bad one?” I asked her, she got up and put the dishes in the sink before sitting again next to me.

“I rather chose the good one. I’m tired of bad news.” She told me and laughed nervously after that. She faced me fully now, her attention for the words I would say.

“Kind girls usually like to hear the bad news first. I know now why people told you that you’re a mean girl.” I joked to decrease the tension between us that would come up sooner.

“Cut it off, Sunny!” She laughed and faked to be mad at me, I smiled sheepishly. She had her tongue out to mock at my-half-insulting-joke.

“I need to do this, Sica. It’s for your own good. I’m sorry.” I mouthed softly as the gloomy atmosphere became more and more visible between us.

“Is it about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter