Never before

Heart to Heart

Home, San Josè, United States of America

It was lazy day. As every year, the incoming winter covered the whole Silicon Valley with torrential rains and the humidity reached levels so high that nobody felt even like going out.

Hyuna was no exception.

Her lack of nighttime sleep and large amount of daytime naps were increasingly lessening her will to exit home and visit friends. She just lay there in the living room, her cell phone in the hand, busy playing Temple Run and ing around on the internet.

Same for the other inhabitants.

Sohyun lay on the floor with a screwdriver in her hand, intently contemplating a disassembled computer.

The last person, Jiyoon, sat on the couch reading. Her presence caused more than a little awkwardness to the younger girl, who kept nervously giving her short and furtive glances.

"Hey, nerd, do you mind handing me the potato chips over there?" - The red-haired girl joked.

Sohyun replied with a death glare, keeping her focus on the device. - "This big monster makes the instrumentals you rap on, little princess, so stand up and grab the chips by yourself"

Slapping playfully her arms, Hyuna stood up and grabbed the bag.

She started munching the chips, very careful not to look disgusting and rude to the quiet girl.

To be honest, there was something new with Jiyoon these days.

Since their first meeting, Hyuna had always thought at her as a sort of goddess, one of those girls who get what they want easily. She was never worth one of those adoring gaze, though...

She had always felt undersized because of her features.

Always the thinnest, young looking rapper who used to be mistaken as a kid, who didn't have a curvy body; Even Sohyun was thought to be older than her most of the time.

But then things were changing.

Her body was changing and she was growing parts of the body she'd never seen grow. Her late development was finally being completed, and Jiyoon had noticed it as much as her.

Ok, she still couldn't compete with Amber.

Her flawless body was still able to make Jiyoon drown in her own saliva and even Hyuna was amazed and none the less frustrated by her beauty...

Distracting her from the fantasies she was up to, her phone rang. Grabbing it, she read the name 'Skye' displayed.

"Hello?" - She said, leaving the room with the phone.

"Hyun, do you have some time to talk?"

Skye's voice seemed to be truly sorry, so she avoided slamming the phone down and listened, instead - "Go ahead, I don't have the whole day".

"Hyun, forgive me. The other day... I didn't mean it, you know that. I was kinda drunk and I meant it as a joke, I could I ever imagine that you could really be gay, you didn't ever mention it to me..."

"Maybe because I was scared by the lame homophobic way you've always been commenting my friends' tastes? Have you ever thought about how Gayoon felt when you called her dyke...?"

"Hyun..." - Skye cautiously continued - "I'm an idiot..."

A few seconds of silence followed.

"I don't want us to throw our friendship out of the window, Hyun... I want your forgiveness" - She said - "What if I treat your to dinner, tomorrow? We could talk a little bit, clear up things..."

The red-haired girl grunted - "I've been gay four days and you already ask me out?"

Hyuna's cynical humor can't be easily ignored and Skye had to let out a chuckle. - "This is the Hyun I was used to... so what about my offer?"

"Oh, I will be glad to embarrass my homophobic bestie with my teenager tragedies sitting in front of a fair amount of food sitting on a chair velvet ear pads... I'll come" - She smiled.

Skye held her laugher - "Tomorrow, Fahrenheit restaurant, ok?"

"I'll be there".

Hyuna had just hung the phone and the doorbell rang. A little bit annoyed, she went down the stairs to see who was the pain in the who visited them in the late afternoon of a rainy day.

She swung the door open.

Resting on the ledge of the door, a brown-haired girl who wore short jeans and a baseball cap gave her a slight grin. - "Is Jiyoon at home?"

Hyuna gave Amber a nod, letting her in.

The brown haired girl wasn't one of those people she wanted to see then, but she kept her comments for herself and led her in the living room instead.

Jiyoon was still reading her book when they came in.

"Jiyoon, you have visitors..." - She blurted out with unnoticed bitterness.

The girl immediately put down the book and took off her glasses when she saw her unexpected newcomer who smiled at her.

They hugged and kissed with a remarkable amount of passion right in front of Hyuna, who was employing all her self-control to make her best not to burst into tears right in front of them.

Sohyun, on the other hand, kept her impassive bustle with the screwdriver on the computer.

"What did you come for?" - Jiyoon asked, once she had broken the kiss.

"I wanted to warn you that I won't be able to spend the night you tomorrow, I have a birthday party"

Hyuna exulted mentally, leaving the room. She knew how pathetical was it, but she couldn't help but be happy whenever Jiyoon dumps Amber, let alone when Amber dumps Jiyoon...