Rough growth

Heart to Heart

San Josè, United States of America

Despite the gentle drizzle falling in the night sky in San Josè, the temperatures was rising almost to summer values, even if September had already given place to October.

The tropical climate brought a lot of tourists and, just like every Saturday, San Josè shone with thousands of streetlamps to lighten the american street leading to open restaurants, night clubs and shops of various kinds.

The city traffic was filled with people and cars.

Going through the stream of people on foot, Hyuna and Gayoon turned the corner, overcoming a side street full of showcases and heading to the open night club.

", this humidity is going to ruin my hair" - The red-haired girl whined and Gayoon couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle, caught by the other girl who slapped her arm. 

"You worry too much... your hair is wonderful to me"

Far from being convinced, Hyuna gave her a faint smile, and turned towards the club. A lot of people flowed in and out the open glass door, and she was about to get in when another voice called her.

"Hyun, are you going in without me?" - She was asked by a female voice.

The girl pointed her gaze to the zone the voice came from, and she could spot a young blond girl who greeted her with the hand. She smiled, and ran to embrace her friend Skye.

"Of course not, silly... I thought you were inside" - Hyuna pouted.

The two girls hugged tightly, leaving an awkward Gayoon to stare at them, standing beside. She just waited the hug to split apart, slightly annoyed by the english conversation she couldn't understand.

"Ehm, Hyun? Do you mind introducing your friend to me?" - Skye say, pointing her finger to the sandy-haired girl.

Gayoon didn't like her. When their gazes met, in the girl's eyes she could only read contempt and scorn in the way she stared at her male clothing and poorly treated hair.

"Oh, sure... so Gayoon this is Skye" - She said, switching between english and korean - "And, Skye, this is Gayoon".

"Then, let's go in..." - She said. Avoiding Gayoon tough look, the blond girl grabbed Hyuna's hand and led her inside of the club.

The music was playing loud and the people danced in the center of the room. From the DJ seat, Sohyun winked at Hyuna, handling a vinyl record and placing it on the console.

"Your friend scratches like a goddess" - Skye commented, walking towards the counter.

Smiling, the red-haired girl looked around. The club environment was definitively something she was not used to, yet gave her a comfortable feeling.

Leaning against the counter, she noticed how easy was taking liberties she couldn't take usually.

Dancing, drinking as much as she desired and checking out Jiyoon, who danced with Amber on the dance floor, without holding back the forbidden desire.

"Want another drink?" - Skye asked her with a chuckle. Her voice trembled a bit, probably because of the large number of shot already swallowed. - "Ehi, what are you staring at?" - She asked.

Hyuna immediately averted her gaze from Jiyoon - "Absolutely nothing". Her shy reply didn't convince the blond girl, who playfully slapped her arm to get the answer.

"Oh, come on what is it? Is there a guy who makes you fly in heaven...?" - She teased, getting more denials.

"Ok naughty girl, if you don't tell me I will tell you the one who makes me fly..." - Skye continued, pointing with the finger a guy who danced across the room - "That one, for example..."

The girl, though, replied with a slightly disgusted face.

"Oh, come on Hyun! Are you turning gay?"

Hyuna stiffened. This was definitively a low blow she could not deal with. She gathered all her strength to hold back the tears and tried to avoid the other girl's gaze.

"What if she were?" - She heard someone speak with a broken english.

Gayoon's voice surprised both of the two girls, who turned their gaze towards the sandy-haired girl. Hyuna prayed her with the eyes not to start a fight, but the older girl was unshakable.

"Oh, the big girl talks..." - She wryly commented - "This is none of your business, dyke"

The older girl got off the chair and walked away at a fast pace, huffing. Hyuna knew Gayoon; she knew how sensitive the sandy-haired girl could be when she gets hurt where it hurts.

"That is very unfair, Skye, she was just trying to be protective with me..." - She said to the blond girl - "...I'm going to follow her"

She quickly left the counter and ran after Gayoon. At a rough guess, the girl was probably crying in the bathroom, so she headed there.

Hyuna felt a coward. Running after Gayoon was not the right thing to do, and she was aware of it. She should have told Skye the truth, that she loves a girl and to deal with it. But she didn't.

The fear to be judged by the people she cared about had taken control of her.

When she opened the door of the bathroom she heard some moans come from the inside. It was probably just another rude couple who invaded the whole room to shamelessly make out, so she didn't mind opening the door and ignoring them.

But giving the mirror of the bathroom a glance, she saw it wasn't just any couple...

Remaining hidden, she saw Jiyoon and Amber entwined to each other, who wildly made out leaning on the wall.

The girl who she loved kissed passionately another girl's neck, and her lips touched someone else's ones.

She wept silently and, hopeless, walked away.