Infirmary

Heart to Heart

Author's Note: No character is bad. Please, don't hate those characters who misbehave, because they have their own significance and eventually each of them will find their own way to be forgiven.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiyoon tried to raise the weight of Gayoon's body.

She had no idea about what to do, who to call, whether to yell for help or not.

The sandy-haired girl's wrist still beat at a regular pace and her respiration were normal, but she didn't know how much time was left until her heart would stop her activities forever.

That moment, the bathroom door was flung open again, letting in a dark-haired girl.

Jiyoon turned towards her, desperately looking for help, and recognized the girl who stood in front of her. The same one that a few months earlier, during her first day in the school, had harassed her by pushing her on the wall.

"What the hell is happening is there?" - Hyejin asked.

Jiyoon was too shocked to utter a single word, so she just pointed out the white box lying on the ground to the older girl, who understood.

Hyejin lifted with strength the motionless body, resting it against the sink, and held her from behind. She violently shook her stomach, making Gayoon vomit the first bluish pill.

Repeating the motion for a few times, the second pill got out of the sandy-haired girl's mouth.

"We need to bring her to the infirmary" - She told Jiyoon, gesturing her to help by lifting Gayoon by her feet - "I have stopped the poisoning but she will spew her guts up when she awakens."

Hyejin picked her up in her arms, wrapping her arms around her body and exiting the bathroom.

It was almost dinner time, and that side of the building was empty, letting them pass without any notice.

They stepped on the stairs at a fast pace, luckily without meeting people on their way, but when they exited in the garden and finally reached the infirmary Jiyoon stopped.

"Hyejin..." - Jiyoon began, with a doubtful voice.

"I am afraid there's not anybody at the infirmary... Nurses are having dinner and doctors usually have a pause, now" - She stated - "I know Haneul, I shall find her and ask for help"

Hyejin stopped walking and stiffened.

"Indeed nobody is supposed to be here" - She asked, placing down Gayoon on the cot. - "How do you think the dealers always have drugs and medicines to peddle around?"

Jiyoon had never thought about it.

She knew there were people who sold the students painkillers and amphetamine, and she also knew that Gayoon's ex-girlfriend was the one who sold her the pills, but she had never questioned the way drugs arrived.

"What does it matter the way the medicines come, Gayoon decided to commit suicide by herself" - She said.

Hyejin gave her an ironic chuckle - "Commit suicide... very funny" - She commented.

"Does Hyunjung look like the crybaby who weeps about her ex-girlfriend during her short free time as a dealer?" - She said - "Gayoon has gone crazy and she tried to kill her by giving her suicide pills instead of painkillers"

It was reasonable. Nobody would have questioned her death; it would have looked like a suicide in every way.

"So what has this to do with Haneul?" - The younger girl asked - "Do you think she knows it?"

Hyejin snorted. - "If you get laid by her it's fine, but don't tell me you thought she was a hero... Every doctor knows who is going to die and who's not, Haneul is no exception"

The sound of footsteps interrupted them.

Hyejin quickly held Gayoon's body again, lifting her, and dragged Jiyoon towards the storage room door to hide in.

"Gyeon Minji, 15 years old" - Said a feminine voice in the infirmary. Jiyoon could see through a chink but both the nurse and the doctor were giving them the shoulders. - "Under control for hemorrhages since a few months"

Now she could clearly see the girl who lay in the bed.

She recognized the dark eyes and the black hair that she had seen in the wood.

Jiyoon gave a glance to the Hyejin who was visibly nervous, and stared through the chick with apprehension and nervousness. Her eyes looked like the first day she saw them, when Minji had called her out to make her stop beating up Gayoon.

Now she understood why Hyejin had stopped. She loved that young girl.

"I suspect Mediterranean Anemia... we don't have the instrumentation, anyway" - A cold voice said.

The same voice that just a few nights earlier was whispering her sweet words of love, that used to reassure her was now coldly examinating a motionless body without even putting effort in it.

"So, what shall we do?" - The nurse asked with a quavering voice.

Hyejin trembled with anger.

"Absolutely nothing... do you want to ask the government for a hemodialysis system right now?" - Haneul asked note of sarcasm.

Jiyoon tried to grab the older girl before she could get out of the storage room, but she was too strong.

She exited, to the surprise of Haneul, and she grabbed the doctor by her scruff. - "Listen carefully to my words, you . You don't just let people die like this; you don't treat a kid like a garbage bag..."

"...like you did when you gave Hyunjung a lethal dose of cyanide to let her kill Gayoon for futile jealousy"

Haneul freed herself with a twitch.

"What do you suggest, Hyejin...?" - She said with a smirk, pulling out a gun - "...because if you don't have any suggestion, I shall pierce your chest and end here your useless life"

She loaded the shot.

"How'd you find out about Gayoon, anyway..." - She asked - "It was supposed to be a secret".

"She saved her" - Jiyoon spoke behind Hyejin, astonishing Haneul.

"She saved her because she's a better person than you and you don't even deserve my love" - She muttered in a low voice - "Now I can't stop you from pulling the trigger once for Hyejin but I will never let you pull it the second time for Gayoon. You have to kill me first..."

The brown-haired girl put the gun down.

"I love you" - She simply said. - "I don't kill someone I am in love with..."

Jiyoon nodded slowly, as she continued - "Since the moment I leave this room, you all are given a possibility to leave this school. Don't lose it..." - She completed, turning towards the door and pulling by the arms the nurse.

Before she could turn the doorknob, she had a little hesitation.

She swung again and faced Jiyoon again, kissing her gently on the lips.

"Goodbye, Jiyoon..."