Investigation

Heart to Heart

San Francisco, United States of America

"We are arriving in 10 minutes, Ms. Jackson"

Called by the taxi driver, Rebecca opened her eyes wide and looked around.

The car was traveling on the almost endless Oakland Bay Bridge, and beneath the roadway she could see the crystal clear waters belonging to the bay shine bright and reflect the blinding light of the sun.

Rebecca took a pocket mirror out of the bag, and watched into the glass layer.

A thirty one years old girl returned her smile from the mirror. Her blond hair was a little bit messy because of the nap she had taken and her face looked tired, but she kinda liked the air of mystery that those details gave her.

It matched her personality.

"How much is it?" - She asked when the car stopped on the corner of Harrison and Fremont Street.

"Twenty three dollars and seventy"

Rebecca handed the money to the driver and continued on foot, walking through the city blocks. She didn't like the way the sites, the tall buildings and all the houses were crowded together in the big cities.

Having grown up in Mountain View, she was used to open spaces, hills, parks and so on.

Walking on a fast pace, she arrived in front of the small building she was directed to. To the side of the door, a silver plate recited Hernandez Records in capital letters.

"Hi Rebecca" - A feminine voice greeted her when she headed in. - "I was waiting for you".

The blond girl turned towards the point the voice came from, and she saw a dark-skinned woman who stood ahead a room door. The ID card linked to the neck said Alicia Perez.

"Did you do what I asked you?"

Rebecca took out of the bag a thick folder - "I researched all the possible elements about the life of Nam Jihyun. And I didn't find anything..." - She said, bitterly. - "No criminal backgrounds, no suspect behaviors, she doesn't even date people nor do anything weird..."

"Rebecca... wasn't I clear enough with you?" - She shouted, the anger rising more and more.

"I need an expedient to break her contract. She is making me lose a lot of money, and I need you to find a single, tiny, small detail that breaks our guidelines."

The younger girl sighed - "I know you may be upset, Mrs. Perez, but let me finish."

She turned the pages on the folder and took another sheet. - "Even if Jihyun is cleaner than soap, I found some interesting details about her support singer Heo Gayoon"

Alicia assumed an intrigued face - "Go ahead..."

"I have only managed to get this toxicology report that says she abuses analgetics…" - She said - "But... I'm sure that if I investigated more, I could prove a violation of the health standards, at least for the first year she worked here"

"So, investigate more if you need to."

"For investigating more, I meant that I will go a little bit behind the limits that our law imposes us" - She stated.

"Just be sure not to get caught. I need those informations..."

Rebecca smiled widely. - "Of course, Mrs. Perez... I hope you will consider again my request to join this label's press team as a journalist, when I will finish with this..."

The woman replied with a grin - "I will".