Morning sunlight

Heart to Heart

She ran over the tall grass of the green meadow, carefree, holding the other girl's hand. The sun shone in the blue sky, and the light breeze blew through her dark tousled hair, messing it up.

Short of breath, they sat there, on the tough ground, a wide smile on their faces.

The other girl's hair had the colour of the brightest sand, and scented like freshly picked roses. Those dark eyes she could get lost in, that milk white skin... her whole body was so close yet so far from her.

 

Jiyoon woke up.

 

A light drizzle ticked out of the window, and the dark sky covered the morning sunlight. The californian sun that used to exude heat and suntriness was gone, leaving its place to the windy days and the cold rain.

The girl gave a blurred glance around the environment, trying to accustom her eyes to the sun rays that came into the room through the left open blinds, enlightening the surroundings.

Between her arms, Amber slept quietly as her girlfriend patted slowly her soft hair.

Their first encounter came back to her mind. She reminded of those blue eyes she fell in love with and still laughed for the awkward picking lines she used.

But now it wasn’t time to laugh.

Out of the window the morning approached. It was just another boring morning, one of those when you wake up in a messy room and you ask yourself what you live for.

Jiyoon stood up from the bed, picking up some pieces of clothing from the floor, left over from the night before. She set aside her pink bra and some black belonging to Amber.

Saying the room was messy was an understatement. Her desk swarmed with abandoned notebooks, incomplete lyrics and papers of various kinds. Dirty clothes covered the floor, almost hiding it to the sight.

All of it signaled the presence of a failure rapper.

She leaned a peck on the sleeping girl's forehead and grabbing the first T-shirt that came within the range, she exited the room, carefully closing the door to make less noise as possible.

She slowly descended the stairs, yawning for the sleepiness.

"Good morning..." - A tired voice drowled a greeting from the couch, where a girl in her early twenties lay almost lifeless with a thoughtful expression painted over her face and a beer held in the right hand.

Jiyoon headed towards the settee the voice came from, sitting in the near couch.

Jihyun was visibly frustrated and exceedingly tired. Her ginger hair was messier than usual, and her cheeks reddened more and more as she swallowed the alcoholic beverage in small sips.

Probably she had spent the whole night wakeful.

"Where are the others?" - Jiyoon asked, after a brief look at the room.

Jihyun shrugged, and just took another sip from the bottle - "Sohyun is with a friend and Gayoon and Hyuna told me they would go out to jog... bull, they are getting drunk in the pub down the road"

The conversation dropped in the awkward silence and Jihyun kept taking a sip after another, motionless, until Jiyoon decided to break the ice.

"You know you shouldn't drink in the morning..." - The shorter girl carefully opened the conversation, very careful to sound less scolding as possible. 

Ignored, she tore the almost empty bottle from her hands and threw it away in the recycling bin. - "The more I get drunk, the less I will feel that I should just blast myself and end it all forever..."

Her eye circles were deep, her stare blank. - "She slept here again, didn’t she?"

The sudden innuendo to Amber made Jiyoon turn the head towards the red-haired girl, a questioning gaze appearing all over her facial features. She looked away, perceiving the turn the conversation would take.

"Yes, she did..."

Jihyun sighed heavily - "Jiyoon, we are five people living in the same house, and I don't know when, and if we will get another salary..." - She began, with a note of anger rising on her vocal chords.

"We can't afford another member of the family..." - She shouted, filling the atmosphere with her increasing rage.

Jiyoon whiffed - "Just because you prefer working all day alone than having a relationship, you're not given the right to tell me who should and who shouldn't I sleep with..."

"You all are not focusing on the ing music!"

Jihyun was completely right. Whenever she failed to get inspired and write lyrics, she would hold over it all. She had spent the previous months clubbing and ignoring her duties.

She was being selfish.

As some tears started moisting her pale cheeks, she dried them with the hands, trying to play down the emotional shock. - "You're completely right, Jihyun, I'm not focusing on the music..." - She spoke in a subdued voice.

"Amber and me..." - She continued, looking up and searching to meet the red-haired girl's gaze - "...we're in a huge crisis, and I need to take care of her a little bit more..."

Her eyes were still slightly watery, but her voice was calm and firm - "...I ended up neglecting my work, but I will make it up for my mistakes. I will work during the night, if necessary..."