The one and only

Lying is Fashionable

The one and only

(Jiyong's P.O.V)

 

Hello, my name is Jiyong and…

 

I bit my lower lip, angry at myself that I had stumbled over the same part again.

 

Hello, my name is Jiyong and…

 

What did I actually want to say?

 

I drew a deep breath and ran my fingers through my hair that was slightly stiff with gel. I hoped that Seunghyun wouldn’t be mad at me that I had used it. He had told me to keep my hair sleek in a golden wave covering one side of my forehead, but I felt some strange internal force that made me use some gel anyway. I guessed that I associated it with courage and strength that G-Dragon had been giving me when I had hard time accepting myself. Or I simply got used to using it.

 

Hello, I’m Jiyong and…

 

...and I was happy about that. I smiled to myself, fingertips brushing over my precious ring that Seunghyun had given me. It was a symbol of a new me. New and old at the same time. Two pieces of my personality, that I had long considered to be excluding one another, finally had no problems with coexisting. More, they even fitted each other perfectly, creating the one and only Kwon Jiyong. Also known as G-Dragon.

 

Hello, I’m Jiyong and…

 

…and I fell head over heels in love with Choi Seunghyun. But it probably wasn’t a right thing to say to his friends, was it? I was almost sure Seunghyun didn’t tell them about us.

 

Us. This word sounded so proudly in my mind that it was reassuring.

 

I was standing in the arts classroom, leaning against the table. My hands were trembling slightly in nervousness as I kept looking at the wall clock hanging above the door from time to time. All the classes had already finished and everyone had gone home. Everyone except me, Seunghyun and his friends, who were about to join me in a short time. It wasn’t meant to be any kind of social meeting (Who meets socially at school?), but I still wanted to present myself from the best side. To make Seunghyun’s friends like me. Even though they were only going to be my models, I wanted them to accept me. And I knew Seunghyun wanted it, too.

 

Hello, I’m Kwon Jiyong and…

 

The door swung open unexpectedly, making me jump at a spot, utterly startled. My heart slammed out a beat, when I saw the person who emerged from the entrance. Seunghyun looked at me with a joyful expression on his face and smiled, bringing hot blood to my cheeks.

 

Seunghyun had been busy all day, so it was the first time we met each other after spending the whole Sunday in my house. And I guessed I didn’t have to remind myself it was the best Sunday in my life. Unfortunately, the day had passed so quickly as a single second. The most pleasurable second during which we were watching TV, drawing, talking about everything and anything and… I felt a blush on my cheeks getting stronger at the recollection of Seunghyun kissing me on the sofa and whispering softly that he loved me. God, it was like a scene from a cheesy romantic comedy that my sister loved watching so much.

 

“Ji,” Seunghyun stopped in front of the door. “Let me introduce my friends,” he said and took a step to the side, letting the others walk in the room.

I straightened up automatically, feeling a sudden tightness in my stomach. Three people went in, smiles on their faces. I kept my gaze down in a timid manner, but when I noticed who Seunghyun brought with him, I internally sighed with relief.

“I guess you already know CL,” Seunghyun said, pointing at the tall beautiful girl who stood closest to me.

“Yeah, we had a chance to spend some time with each other, ne, Jiyongie?” she smiled at me wide, hands on her hips.

 

I had to withhold a grimace.

 

I really liked CL, but when she called me the way her boyfriend Dongwook usually did, it could only bring a wave of unpleasant memories. I tried to smile back at her and it seemed that I managed to keep a normal expression on my face, because Seunghyun continued introducing his friends without any sign of surprise.

“But you probably don’t know Yongbae and Daesung.”

I nodded in silent agreement, eyeing two boys who seemed quite familiar. Both of them were well-built, their skinny t-shirts hugged their muscular arms and chests, revealing many hours spent on working out in the gym.

 

Do they practice any sport? I asked myself and all of sudden a single memory jogged my mind and I was able to answer that question myself.

 

“Oh,” I gasped, surprised that I managed to recognise the boys. “You two play in the basketball team, don’t you?” I turned to them, unexpectedly encouraged to start the conversation.

“That’s right,” the guy with spiky short black hair said. I recalled that Seunghyun had introduced him as Yongbae. He put out his hand in my direction. “You can call me Taeyang,” he added with a grin.

 “I’m Jiyong,” I replied, making a step forward to shake his hand. “Nice to meet you.”

 

It seemed that the introducing speech I had tried to prepare wasn’t needed at all.

 

“You too,” Taeyang squeezed my hand and let it go. “Seunghyun Hyung has told us a lot about you.”

“Really?” I raised a brow and looked at Seunghyun who only shrugged his shoulders and sent me an embarrassed look.

“So you’re that Jiyong?!” the brown-haired boy exclaimed suddenly, staring at me with his small eyes wide open. His expression was so funny that I had to try hard not to let out a giggle. “You’re the Jiyong Seunghyun Hyung still talks about?!”

“I guess…?” I couldn’t help but smile wide.

 

Seunghyun told his friends about me!

 

Seunghyun’s cheeks turned pink under our gazes. He scratched back of his head.

“Yes, it’s him, Dae,” he mumbled, ashamed.

CL snorted with laughter.

“Don’t tell me you thought there are two people named Jiyong who are both fashion designers and Seunghyun’s friends,” she scoffed. “And Jiyong here wears our school uniform as a disguise.”

To my surprise, Daesung didn’t seem offended. He was probably used to CL’s way of commenting things, so he only shook his head, trying to explain himself.

“I was just a bit confused, because Hyung told me Jiyong attends our school,” he started, still keeping his eyes focused on my face what was slowly making me feel a bit awkward. “So when we came here and I saw a blonde Jiyong… I don’t know… I thought you are not the person Hyung always tells us about...” He shrugged his shoulders. “I’m almost sure I have never seen a blond-haired guy at our school. Are you a new student?”

This time it wasn’t only CL who was laughing hard. Everyone was utterly amused by Daesung’s funny reaction to my person.

“N-no,” I gasped, still shaking a little bit from chortling. “I only dyed my hair three days ago.”

“Oh, that might be it,” Daesung agreed, completely untouched by his friends laughing at him. His teeth gleamed white, when a wide grin spread on his face. I had to admit that he had a very charming smile. Almost angelic one. “Anyway, I’m glad I can finally meet you in person, Jiyong Hyung! I’m sure it will be pleasure to work with you.”

 

We exchanged bright smiles which reassured me that Daesung would be a person I could easily make friends with, despite all of my usual problems with communicating with strangers. I had an impression that Seunghyun surrounded himself with such straightforward and positive people who I had difficulties with finding in my own life.

Maybe I would finally create my own circle of friends? The idea sounded so great that it cheered me up, pulling corners of my lips up in another smile.

 

Seunghyun cleared his throat suddenly waking me up from my thoughtfulness.

“Can we start?“ I raised my eyes to look at Seunghyun, because this quiet question was directed at him.

He nodded, taking a step closer to me. I watched him bend down slightly to take my sketchbook that was lying on the desk behind me and when I tilted my head to the side, I felt a gentle brush of Seunghyun’s lips against my cheekbone. My breath hitched at the unexpected caress and I brought my fingers up to my face to touch the burning spot.

“It’s going quite smoothly, doesn’t it?” Seunghyun whispered in my ear. “You’re great, Ji,” another peck on my cheek followed his words.

I blinked a few times, trying to suppress the wave of hot blood that run to my face. I shot a quick glance at Seunghyun’s friends, but Daesung and Taeyang were in the middle of a conversation about something that needed their whole attention and they didn’t even look in our direction. I was about to expel a relieved breath, but then I noticed a smirk on CL’s face. She was standing beside the window, pretending to be focused on writing a text message on her iPhone, but there was something in my head telling me that she had seen everything. Chaerin looked up unexpectedly, her gaze meeting mine. Her smirk turned into a wide smile and she winked at me, proclaiming that she actually witnessed this little scene of affection.

A strong blush overtook my cheeks and my hands started shaking slightly.

 

Why do I worry so much? If Seunghyun is okay with it, why shouldn’t I be?

 

Still, it was rather awkward for me to manifest my feelings in front of other people and it didn’t matter how much I wanted to calm down, I couldn’t, because Seunghyun leant to me again and I stiffened immediately.

 “Don’t worry, Ji,” he said in a soothing voice, patting my back. “I’ll be the one speaking, so you can relax,” he added, presumably misunderstanding the reason of my nervous reaction.

I nodded enthusiastically. I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to speak at all now, being aware that CL had discovered our secret. Or maybe it was only my secret? It seemed that Seunghyun didn’t want to hide our relationship at all. It intimidated me a little, but at the same time I was extremely happy about it.

 

Taeyang, Daesung and CL sat in the school chairs and Seunghyun started explaining them the purpose of our meeting. I remained in my position, leaning against the table, and observed the scene with a warm feeling in my heart. Seunghyun’s friends seemed to be totally interested in the project we were working on. They calmly listened to his improvised speech about the rules of the competition and even asked some questions, but when Seunghyun finished describing the first stage and told them the shortened version of our own fairytale, it left them staring at us in shock with their mouths agape.

I shifted my weight from one foot to another nervously.

“Is everything alright?” I asked quietly, making three pairs of surprised eyes look at me.

It was Daesung who managed to regain his voice first.

“Did you invent this story yourself?” he asked, emphasising the last word, unable to believe that what Seunghyun had said was true.

“Y-yeah,” I affirmed, sounding a bit too uncertain. “It’s our own story, from the beginning to the very end,” I added in a more self-assured voice. I smiled to myself, seeing Seunghyun shiver slightly after hearing my statement. He probably had no idea that I was aware that the story was really about us, because his grandma had revealed some of their family secrets to me, but still my confident words must have given him pleasurable feelings.

“You two should be writers, then!” Daesung exclaimed. “Not fashion designers! How can people be so talented?”

I covered my mouth with my hand, giggling quietly along with Seunghyun.

“You haven’t seen the drawings yet,” Seunghyun said with a chuckle.

He laid my sketchbook on the desk in front of Taeyang and both CL and Daesung leant to him to see the pictures.

“Okay, I’ve changed my mind,” Daesung spoke, after seeing only the first page. “You should totally be fashion designers.”

Seunghyun turned around, sending me a joyful look that filled my stomach with a tingling sensation. I loved seeing him that happy.

“Who drew it?” Taeyang asked, admiring the designs of Spring and Summer outfits of the Prince.

“Jiyong did,” Seunghyun replied proudly.

Taeyang nodded to himself, smiling under his breath. He said nothing, but I took his reaction as a silent compliment.

 

CL turned the page and let out a sound of excitement. I anticipated another praise, so I was completely surprised by what CL had to say.

“I knew it,” she stated, looking up. “The drawings only confirmed what I thought!” she sounded amused and proud of herself.

Everyone, including me, gazed at her, demanding any kind of explanation.

“Haven’t you noticed that?” she asked Taeyang and Daesung, raising her brow.

The boys looked at each other in surprise and shrugged their shoulders.

“What are we supposed to notice?” Daesung asked, as confused as everyone else was.

“Enlighten us, CL-ssi,” Taeyang smirked teasingly. “What is it that has eluded our slow minds, but your genius enabled you to grasp?”

The girl tossed her long blond hair over a shoulder and out her lips. She sneered and fixed her gaze on me.

“Jiyong is the Tailor,” she started, making my heart freeze. “And Seunghyun is the Prince,” her gaze moved to Seunghyun and rested on his shocked face.

“Wait, what?” Daesung blurted out.

 

Taeyang shot me a short glance, recognising the reason why my face was so flushed. There was no point in denying it now. Taeyang knew that CL’s observation was accurate.

I opened my mouth in attempt to explain it somehow, but Taeyang was quicker than me.

“Wasn’t it obvious from the beginning?” he turned to CL whose satisfied expression faded away. “I mean, I’ve realised it at the moment Seunghyun started telling the story.”

I knew it was a lie and Taeyang confirmed it with a discreet wink at me.

He had just saved us from long and embarrassing explanations.

“What?” Daesung cocked his head to the side. “I don’t understand anything at all.”

Taeyang nudged him with an elbow and looked at Daesung meaningfully, nonverbally telling him to be quiet.

“I’ll explain it to you later,” he said. “Now we should come back to the topic of our meeting, right, Jiyong-ssi?”

He glanced at me with a flicker in his eye, letting me know that he was the one who demanded explanations either from me or Seunghyun.

“Y-you can call me Jiyong. Jiyong is enough,” I mumbled, extremely ashamed. “But you’re right, we can move on…,” I took a breath to calm down. “The topic of the second stage of the competition is ‘High above’, so we have come up with an idea-“

“You have,” Seunghyun interrupted to correct me.

“O-okay, I have. But Seunghyun helped me develop it…,” I hesitated, feeling my tongue curling inside my mouth like a scared snake.

 

No, no, no, no!, I screamed internally. I was losing control again. My calmness and courage stepped aside for my usual bashfulness and timidity.

 

Everyone was staring at me expectantly, so I tried hard to say something.

“Birds,” I managed to say and felt weakness in my legs. I clamped my fingers on the top of wooden desk behind me, not to lose balance.

Fortunately, Seunghyun was right here and came to my aid.

“We think that birds fit the theme perfectly,” he voiced what I intended to say. “The next few pages in the sketchbook are covered with the designs of ten outfits we drew yesterday.”

CL, who had the sketchbook in her hands, found the right pages and began analysing them.

“Wow,” she sighed. “That’s exactly what I call the dress.”

“Let me see!” Daesung pleaded, tugging the cover of the sketchbook.

“Hey, be carful with that,” Seunghyun warned them, sharing my fears that they would tear it up by accident.

 

It was my biggest treasure. The sketchbook that Seunghyun had given me that day in ‘Land of Sweets’ café. I knew it was expensive, but it wasn’t the price that mattered here. The sketchbook was a symbol. Like the ring symbolised a new me and the power of my relationship with Seunghyun, the sketchbook seemed to be a tangible evidence of our shared passions and time we had spent together so far.

 

“These outfits are amazing,” Taeyang whispered to himself.

“Are we going to wear them?” Daesung asked gleefully.

Seunghyun and I nodded at the same moment.

“In the third stage of the competition every team has to present a collection of ten outfits accepted in the second stage and prepare a catwalk show,” Seunghyun explained.

“Haven’t you said that you drew the designs for the second stage only yesterday?” CL noticed. I realised how smart she was. She easily caught details from our conversation and was very observant.

“That’s right,” Seunghyun admitted. “I sent the entry in the morning.”

“So you only assume you’ll get to the next stage?” she pointed out.

“It’s only a matter of time,” I spoke with a smile, having managed to release my tension in these few minutes of remaining silent. “I’m sure we’ll be accepted to the final stage.”

Daesung and Taeyang nodded in agreement.

“I’m not a fashion critic or anyone of that kind,” Daesung said. “But I have never seen something that great. I’m sure you will win this thing, Hyungs.”

“Thank you, Daesung,” I answered happily. “But we will need your help, if we want to win.”

“There must be ten different outfits worn almost at the same time,” Seunghyun continued my thought. “So we have to find ten models who can sacrifice some of their free time for us.”

“You can count on us, that’s for sure,” Daesung stated.

“So you already have five models,” CL added.

“Five?” I asked, raising a brow.

“Who said designers can’t be models, too?” she answered with a grin.

 

Pardon?

 

Me? On a runway? She must have been joking.

 

“Don’t make such a face, Jiyongie,” she chuckled. “With such a thin body of yours you will look good in everything, especially on the runway.”

“That’s not it,” I mumbled. “I don’t really… Like it… when people look at me.”

“Are you stupid, or something?” CL was utterly surprised. “You’re the cutest thing I have ever seen. I’m sure everyone thinks the same. Am I right?” she turned to Taeyang and Daesung, but Seunghyun interrupted them quickly, not letting them answer.

“If Jiyong doesn’t want to walk on the catwalk, we can’t force him,” he blurted out. “Even though I also think it would be great, having you with us on stage, Ji.”

I bit my lower lip, admiring the tips of my shoes, not daring to look up. I was embarrassed by CL’s words and Seunghyun’s opinion.

“Um,” I murmured. “Maybe I will consider it.”

“Let’s assume that we have five models, then,” CL said. “What about the rest?”

“I’m sure there are plenty of peop-,” Daesung started, but he was roughly interrupted by classroom door slamming open.

 

Everyone looked in that direction, expressions on their faces betrayed their negative attitude toward the newcomer. In an instant they turned annoyed, but I didn’t share their feelings. I wasn’t annoyed. I was scared.

“Hello, everyone,” Seungri walked in the room nonchalantly with his hands in pockets of his trousers. “I’ve heard you’re looking for models for a fashion show?”

 

Seunghyun and I frowned and looked at each other. Our gazes locked and I could almost hear his thoughts in my head.

 

‘He’s been eavesdropping!’ Seunghyun’s imaginary voice shouted in my mind.

‘That stupid bastard!’ I answered angrily, even though I was shaking on the surface.

 

Seunghyun blinked, breaking our connection. Instead, he looked at Seungri, who seemed unaffected by tensed atmosphere in the room.

 

“What are you doing here?” Seunghyun growled.

“Hey, hey, calm down, Hyung!” Seungri put his hands up in a gesture of innocence. “I’m here to help.”

I heard a clamour somewhere in the corridor and looked at the door quickly, afraid that I would see someone else coming in the classroom. Someone-specified-else.

“Take it easy, Jiyongie,” Seungri chuckled, making me grit my teeth at the sound of this nickname coming out of freshman’s mouth. “Dongwook Hyung hasn’t come with me. He has only sent me to take care of CL-ssi.”

“You’d better take care of yourself, kid,” CL scolded him.

“Ai, you’re so mean to me, Noona!” Seungri pouted and folded his arms, showing how offensed he felt.

“Seriously, what have you come here for?” Taeyang asked him, narrowing his eyes.

“And don’t try convincing us you’re here to give me a lift home,” CL added. “We all know you don’t have a driving license.”

Seungri put his hand on his heart and grimaced.

“You’re hurting me, Noona,” he groaned, pretending to be in pain. “I really don’t have any bad intentions. I just have finished my private lessons with the maths teacher and I heard that someone is still at school, too. So I came here to check who it is. And who did I discover - my dear friends sitting in arts classroom having fun together without me,” he complained, sounding so sincere that I almost couldn’t believe my own ears. He was either telling us the truth or had such great acting skills that enabled him to hide irony.

 

“Jiyong Hyung,” he looked at me suddenly. “Please, let me stay!” he pleaded with his panda eyes fixed on me.

I fidgeted under his piercing gaze, clasping my hands together in a nervous manner.

 

“O-okay,” I said with resistance, making everyone in the room stare at me in shock. “You can stay on one condition.”

Seungri’s eyes lit up with hope and he nodded enthusiastically.

“I’ll do everything!”

“Don’t ever call me ‘Jiyongie’,” I demanded, finding courage to resist his glance without blinking.

“All right, Jiyong Hyung!” he exclaimed happily, looking like a puppy whose owner came back home after the whole day of absence. “You’ll be my Jiyong Hyung and I will never call you by a different name!”

 

It seemed that only Seungri and I were satisfied. The others still couldn’t believe that I hadn’t told the annoying kid to get lost.

Seungri took a seat next to CL and I watched her wince in displeasure as if she had just smelled something bad.

 

At the same moment I felt a strong grip on my wrist and Seunghyun pulled me to the corner of the classroom. We stopped in front of a man-sized object covered with a large piece of dark fabric. I doubted that anyone had noticed it earlier, because I left it in such a place that it wouldn’t stand out. Only Seunghyun and I knew that what was hidden under the fabric was tailor's dummy. With something special put on it.

“Ji,” Seunghyun whispered, when we began uncovering the mannequin. “Why did you let him stay? He’s Seungri. Lee Seungri, remember? You don’t like this guy.”

“I know,” I mumbled. “I just- I couldn’t say ‘no’ when he pleaded with those puppy eyes.”

“It’s not an excuse,” he grimaced.

“Yeah, you’re right,” I admitted. “But we still need models, Seunghyun. And if Seungri has good intensions, why shouldn’t we allow him to help us?”

Seunghyun was silent for a short while, pretending to by fully focused on the tailor's dummy.

“Okay,” he sighed. “We can give him a chance.”

I smiled at him and he raised a brow.

“You know, Ji,” he spoke again, his voice lower this time. It was the voice he always used before…

 

A wave of strong shivers ran down my spine suddenly, making me gasp. Seunghyun’s hot breath was tickling my ear and neck, which were both very sensitive parts of my body. And Seunghyun was well aware of that.

“I can make puppy eyes, too,” he murmured against my neck, sending another series of tingling vibrations to my skin. “And I’m sure I can get even more from you than just an allowance to stay by your side.”

 

Heat rushed through my body, when I realised what he had on mind

 

“We only have to come back home,” Seunghyun added, leaving a gentle peck on my earlobe, that was probably boiling hot.

Seunghyun smirked under his breath, liking my stiffening reactions to what he was doing to me.

“Let’s finish this meeting quickly then, shall we?” he asked and I could do nothing but nod in response.

 

What will we be doing, when we come home? I asked myself, instantly awaking vivid pictures that flooded my mind and almost knocked me off my feet.

 

Why is he always making me feel like that?

 

I knew why. Because I loved him. But still this feeling was so new to me that I often got surprised by its overwhelming powers that were hidden until certain things happened. Every time I discovered another reaction of my body, a new sensation or feeling, it left me speechless and gasping for a breath. It was amazing to find myself in a position of a person being loved and cherished. It made me ask and beg for more. And more. And more…

 

Seunghyun chuckled and ruffled my hair, noticing that I had already begun drifting into the land of my imagination.

 

“Hyungs, what are you doing there so long?” we heard Seungri asking and we both grimaced at the same moment what evoke a wave of chortles.

However, Seungri’s reminder was useful. It made our minds focus on something other than the… between us.

 

Seunghyun took the tailor’s dummy, that was still covered with fabrics on the front side. When he stood the object in front of his friends and took the cloth off, everyone gathered in the room drew sharp breaths in amazement.

“This is a prototype of a dress for the birds collection,” I told them, amused by shock on their faces.

“A-a prototype?” CL stammered.

“We only sewed a few pieces of fabrics and added the feathers Jiyong happened to have at home to check how it would look like,” Seunghyun replied with a smile.

“If this is only an experimental model, I can’t wait to wear the final form of that dress,” CL said.

“You can try this one on, if you want,” I suggested, suddenly coming up with a good idea. “I’m sure it won’t fall into pieces.”

“Let’s go then!” CL clapped her hands and stood up enthusiastically.

 

Seunghyun helped me to carefully remove the dress from the dummy and CL grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the classroom. She quickly led me to the girls’ restroom and started striping off her blouse.

“CL-ssi!” I exclaimed, covering my eyes with my hand. “Can you at least turn around?!”

“Oh, stop it, Jiyongie,” she chuckled. “I know you have eyes only for Seunghyun.”

I blushed immediately under my palm and tried to hide it, but I knew there was no point in doing so.

“H-how do you know?” I asked in a trembling voice.

“Please, Ji, it’s hard not to see it,” she giggled. “Okay, we can put the dress on.”

 

I glanced through my fingers and saw CL only in her fancy black bra and tights. She looked like a Victoria’s Secret model and all I could think was: ‘She’s beautiful’.

 

“Come on, Jiyongie. We don’t have the whole day for that,” she rushed me. ”So quit staring and help me with dressing up, because I don’t want to accidentally rip this marvelous thing.”

I moved closer and assisted her at tugging on the dress.

“CL-ssi, can I ask you something?” I spoke, when her head emerged from the depths of the cloth. “Why don’t you feel at least a bit… intimidated?”

She sent me an amused look and raised a brow.

“Jiyongie, I really don’t want to hurt your man’s pride,” she started, carefully studying my facial expression. “But it’s quite evident that you’re gay.”

I opened my mouth in shock and quickly shook my head. “I-I’m not!”

CL smiled at me sympathetically and put her hand on my shoulder.

“Yongie…,” she sighed. “How should I put it…,” she looked up, collecting her thoughts.

I shifted from foot to foot nervously, my face burning red.

“I guess that when a boy doesn’t find the girls attractive the way boys usually do,” she began. “And on top of that he feels something more towards other guys and takes pleasure in… going more intimate with them, it means-“

“It’s only Seunghyun!” I snapped, feeling so hot with embarrassment that my skin could start melting at any moment. “I only like Seunghyun, not any other guy!” I exclaimed, feeling that I was losing my temper and panicked. “Plus, I think you’re very beautiful!”

 

Chaerin closed her eyes and shook her head in a gesture of negation.

“Thanks, but it’s not the point,” she said. “I may be beautiful to you, but I’m sure you’d never want to kiss me.”

“Kiss you?” I repeated, shocked.

“Exactly. I don’t know any straight guy who wouldn’t like to kiss me,” she stated. “Wanna give it a try?”

She leant closer to me and I stared at her in disbelief. She probably thought I would start screaming and run away, but I stood there like frozen and watched her face moving closer and closer to mine. She didn’t close her eyes. Instead her gaze was fixed on my lips.

 

That felt awkward. There were no butterflies in my stomach, no shivers running down my spine. Nothing.

 

CL’s lips were only an inch away from mine, when I looked directly into her eyes and pushed her away gently.

“Okay, I get it,” I sighed. “I presumably don’t like girls. But I don’t like boys either. Except of Seunghyun.”

Chaerin nodded with satisfaction.

“It’s possible that you haven’t ever thought about liking someone other than him, am I right?” she asked and I had to think about my answer for a short while.

 

I couldn’t recollect any moment, when my heartbeat quickened for someone else than Seunghyun. He was my first crush, the first person I liked.

I smiled to myself, realising that there actually was someone who had appeared in my life and made me want his affection.

 

T.O.P.

 

“There’s only Seunghyun,” I answered in a confident voice, trying to convince CL that my words were true.

Right corner of Chaerin’s mouth trembled as if she was withholding a smile.

“Maybe you haven’t found anyone else who attracts you.” It seemed that she wanted to make me realise I was wrong. “I’m sure that if you happen to meet another charming guy in your type, you would have nothing against kissing him and-“

“Stop it, CL-ssi!” I exclaimed and covered my ears. “I don’t want to listen to it! There’s only Seunghyun and no one other than him!”

CL’s facial expression relaxed suddenly and it seemed that she gave up, as she finally let her glossy lips twitch into a wide smile.

“That’s exactly what I wanted to hear, Yongie,” she said. “Seunghyun is my dear friend and I won’t forgive you, if you break his heart. But I’m quite sure you won’t. You two are so in love with each other that I almost couldn’t believe it. That’s why I decided to test you,” she explained. “And you passed.”

 

My eyes widened in shock. I knew CL was smart, but I had no idea she could be that cunning.

 

So this whole thing was test?

 

I felt relieved that I didn’t let her kiss me, that I didn’t have to fight against a desire to try it, just to taste a girl’s lips.

I was extremely proud of myself, because I had proved that only Seunghyun mattered for me.

And I knew I would never kiss anyone other than him.

Would I?