Old Friends

Just Another JamLi Story ♥

 

•NARRATOR•

“Hi! I’m Sam. And I’m new here!” Sam said looking directly at Ann smiling.

“Oh shoot.” Ann muttered.

“O.M.G. He looks hot. Though I feel like I know him. It’s like I’m missing something here.” Lauren whispered to James.

“You know what you’re missing sis? That was the man Ann talked about. Her “fiancé” that her parents want her to marry.” James said putting on imaginary air quotes on the word fiancé.

“Are you serious? That’s him? He looks good. But if Ann doesn’t like him, then it’s time to execute our plan.” Lauren said wiggling her eyebrows in front of the smirking James.

“Haha. But Ann didn’t ask for our help yet. We need to wait, he’s just studying here for God’s sake. Our only problem is they might get close and no way I’m passing him if ever he auditions for the DG.” James said heading towards Ann.

“Hi Sam. I’m James Reid the Vice-President of the Dramatics Guild.” James said shaking Sam’s hand with his left hand and his right hand placed behind Ann’s waist.

“Hi James. It’s nice to meet you.” Sam said shaking James’ hand.

“Okay guys. Get back to rehearsing, I don’t want Ms. See to get mad at me for delaying your practice. Get back to work.” Ms. De La Cruz said leaving the club with Sam.

“So, guys I mean can I still audition for the DG? I mean I know it’s kinda late and you guys are in the middle of the practicing for a play, I’d be happy to help out painting sets or anything. But if not it would be okay too.” Sam said addressing the whole club but his eyes only on Ann.

“Uhm… Well…” Ann began saying but James cut him off.

“I’m sorry, even if we want you here we can’t we’re not in the place to let you in the club especially this late in the semester. I’m really sorry.” James said seeming to end the conversation.

“Oh okay. Well, I guess I’ll see you guys around. Bye.” Sam said leaving them.

After Sam left…

“What were you thinking?!” Ann told James.

“Don’t you think I don’t know who that is?” James said heading toward the stage.

“Guys let’s start.” Lauren said to the other members.

“How… But… When… How’d you know?” Ann said seeming dazed.

“Well, let’s just say I’ve known you for so long that I know how you act around people you don’t want to be around. Best friend remember?” James said pointing to himself. “And besides, it’s the name. You told me the story remember?” he said pulling Ann towards the stage.

“Oh yeah. I forgot. But what you did was kind of rude you know?” Ann said still shocked but allowed James to pull her.

“I know.” James said smiling mischievously.

-----------

After Practice…

“Hey guys! Hang-out again today? I need to talk to you guys about something. Promenade.” Ann said to the kada.

“Okay.” Everyone said.

“Hey Ann. You ready to tell them?” James asked her quietly.

“Yep. Well, I guess all of you guys are my best friends and the guys ought to know too. You know? Why I might be avoiding him. So they’d understand too. And of course our back-up plan.” Ann said sighing deeply.

“Okay. I get you. But are you sure you’re okay?” James asked.

“Yes. I’m good. But not Great.” Ann said smiling lightly.

“Okay. Wait for me. I’ll just put my books in my locker and we’ll go to Prome together. Agree?” James said lightly.

“Agree.” Ann said.

•JAMES•

At least I got rid of one of her “men”. What if I tell her my feelings, would she return it? Would she be able to say that I like you too? All things complicated happening to me. Why? Why now? And why was she so depressed? I hate seeing her like that.  She has to be okay.

“Hey, Check out that guy! He’s so cute!” A familiar voice spoke behind me and Ann.

“Tricia? Is that you?” I said surprised as I looked behind me.

“Yes it’s me. The one and only. I thought my old best friend would forget me already.” Tricia said smiling at me.