Surprise

Just Another JamLi Story ♥

• ANN •
Dear Diary,
I don’t really know how to start diary entries. This is just how I see it in the movies. So, here it goes. First off, I’m Ann. Ann Li. I never thought about having a diary until my best friend James gave me this. He said that I should use this and write the things that I couldn’t say to him here. But I don’t think that I couldn’t say anything to him. James and I have been best friends for two years now. We were both transfer students. I came from Taiwan and he came from Australia. We have another set of friends. I call them my ‘kada’. My ‘kada consists of James, Lauren, Ryan, Bret, Jenny, Fretzie and I. We’re all best friends but James and Lauren are the ones closest to me. I don’t have any siblings. So I consider my kada as my siblings. I love fashion designing, ice skating and modelling. And of course music, I mean, who doesn’t love music right? I’m seventeen years old but I don’t seem like it. Anyway, I have to go. I can hear my kada downstairs already. It’s nice to write about your feelings sometimes. I’ll check you out later tonight.

Love,
Ann

After closing my new diary, I hurried downstairs to my kada. As usual they were waiting for me.

“Ann! Are you gonna be there for like, forever?” Bret said.
“Yeah! You sure are taking a long time.” Jenny continued.

“I’m sorry! I was just…… uhm….. closing my facebook.” I don’t know why I lied about the diary thing. I never kept secrets from them.

“Wait. 1,2,3,4,5…. Where are James and Lauren?” James and Lauren were twins. They were never late for these outings.

Ryan was about to say something when Fretzie interrupted “They went ahead of us. They said they’ll meet us there” she said while trying to give a look to Ryan. “I’m sorry.” Ryan said to Fretzie thinking I couldn’t hear them.

“Okay then. Let’s go!” I said.

• JAMES •

Lauren and I are so dead. We haven’t put things up yet. It was Ann’s birthday yesterday. She thought our only celebration for her birthday was when we sang happy birthday for her yesterday in school.

“James! Can you please give me those balloons?” Lauren said pointing to the set of balloons beside me. “Sure.” I said as I handed her the balloons.

We were at Promenade, our favourite hang-out place.

“Lauren, do you think she’ll like this?” I asked. “I’m sure she will.” She replied.

Bret, Ryan, Jenny and Fretzie should not blow this. We planned for this really well.

“I’ll get the drinks already from Starbucks!” I told Lauren as I left.

On my way, I saw this really cute snow globe with a girl ice skating. I bought it and made the cashier wrap it with a yellow wrapper and a yellow bow. Yellow was Ann’s favourite color. After that I rushed to Starbucks because Bret texted me that they’ll be here in about 5-8 minutes.

Good thing when I arrived, Lauren was still the only one there.

“Lauren! Look what I’ve got.” As I showed her the wrapped gift.
“What is in there James?” Lauren asked.
“It’s a snow globe with a girl skating. I know she’ll love it. I saw it in Hobbes & Landes on my way to Starbucks.” I had no gift for her, that was my problem. It was a relief seeing this minutes before the party.

After about five minutes, they finally arrived.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!!!” we all yelled.
“Oh my goodness! I never thought you guys would throw a party for me! I love you guys so much! Thank you!” I can see that she was sincerely touched and overwhelmed.


• ANN •

I can’t believe these guys would do such a thing. I was so surprised. I never thought they would do this to me. I love it so much!

“I really am thank you guys. This means a lot to me.”
“Wait a minute. It’s not over yet.” Lauren said.
“Oh really!? What is there more to give?” I asked overwhelmed.
“You can’t forget your presents.” James said. Presents? I never knew that they would still give me presents. This is truly one of the best days of my life.

Lauren gave me a Starbucks gift card worth 2000 pesos, Jenny gave me a new pair of skates and a letter, Fretzie gave me a brand new camera, Ryan gave me an Itunes card, Bret gave me a new electric guitar and James gave me a snow globe of a girl ice skating. I love my friends so much. I could say that we were from well-off families but still, they shouldn’t have.

After the party, Lauren approached me. “Did you have fun Ann?” she asked. “Of course I did! Why wouldn’t I? You guys are the best kada ever!” I said as I hugged her. “I thought that you would think that it was too childish of us.” Lauren said as she returned my hug.

Because of their absence at my house earlier, James and Lauren drove me home that night. I appreciated all of their hard work, especially James. James doesn’t really like things like that. What changed his mind? Oh well.
“Hey James! Thanks for today. I thought that you were not a fan of these things.” I said as they were about to leave. “Of course! I would do anything for my best friend.” James said as he approached and hugged me.

When I went inside my room, I never forgot the hug that James gave me. Why is it? I don’t know. Maybe because I’m just so happy.