Strangers

The World We Live in

“Kyuhyun ssi, let’s go together!” as soon as Kyuhyun stepped out the door, he heard Tiffany called him.  He turned his head and saw Taeyeon for the first time.  He nodded his head, they nod him back.

“So this is your sister?” Kyuhyun greeted.  Taeyeon had her eyes fixed to him.

“Yes, this is Taeng eonni.  Eonni, this is Kyuhyun,” Tiffany introduced them.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Kim Taeyeon.”

Kyuhyun nodded once again and felt awkward by the intense gaze she gave him.

“Eonni, we’ll go ahead.  You take your time, don’t forget to lock the door!” Tiffany said as dragging Kyuhyun to walk faster.

“See you later,” Kyuhyun said his goodbye.

“She’s pretty, isn’t she?” Tiffany asked when they finally reached the college’s gate.

“So is you,” Kyuhyun smirked.  Tiffany blushed hearing his answer.

“But you like her more,” she mumbled.

“What did you say?” Kyuhyun pretended not to hear her answer.  Tiffany shook her head and smile, “nothing.”  Kyuhyun held his laughter, he was able to catch her jealousy over her sister.

They attended the same class for the first subject. They were classmate, for regular classes.  Kyuhyun took a seat next to Tiffany, minutes later the lecturer came.

He’s bored, as usual.  He drew something in his note, sub-consciously, he even didn’t know what was he drew.

“Those two look like my sister and me,” suddenly Tiffany pointed two girls in the drawing.  Kyuhyun came to his sense and saw it, “They do, don’t they?”

Kyuhyun saw his drawing, he didn’t mean to draw the Kim siblings.  There were seven girls in the drawing and two of them resembled Tiffany and Taeyeon.  “But it’s not my intention to draw you,” he said.

Tiffany looked at the drawing with a strange expression.  “Don’t worry, honesty I just drew what’s on my mind, I don’t even know who they are,” Kyuhyun pointed at his drawing.  Tiffany smiled.

He quickly drew something on other paper, and signed it, “this is for your sister, you’re right, she’s beautiful,” he smiled.

Tiffany took the paper with a face that as hard as a wall, there was a portrait of Taeyeon on the paper.  Kyuhyun saw it, and quickly drew another one, this time he drew Tiffany’s.

“This one is for you,” he gives it to Tiffany.  “Smile, just like the drawing, you’re smile is nice,” he added.

Tiffany took it, but her face was still hardened because of the last one.  But as she looked at the back of the paper she smiles.  “To the beautiful you” was written in nice handwriting.

She turned to look at Kyuhyun, but the person once again fell deep into his drawing.

 

“Kyuhyun ssi, want to walk together?” Tiffany asked after the last subject.

“Go ahead, I need to go somewhere.”

“Where’re you going?” she asked.  Kyuhyun just smiled and bid his goodbye.

Kyuhyun took taxi to go to a little bookstore in the city.  Last night he got a text from the girl said: “Oppa, I bought a good novel When Winter Wants to Hold Summer.  You should read it as well ^^” so here he was, looking for the novel suggested by the girl.

After bought the novel he decided to rest for a while in a nice café across the street.  He ordered his favorite, hot chocolate, and sat then started reading.  As he almost finished reading, the rain started to pour.  He called taxi and waits.  He texted the girl.

To: “It’s sad ending.  How’s a sad ending good?  You’re weird.”

Not long he saw the taxi coming, he stepped into the rain and walked to the taxi.  He got in and sat, suddenly a girl got into the taxi and asked the driver to start moving while flipping her wet hair.  Kyuhyun saw her, amazed.

“Sorry agashi (young lady), this taxi is occupied,” the taxi driver said.

The girl looked surprised, she turned her head and saw Kyuhyun.  She blinked her eyes, “sorry,” she said. She planned to get off the taxi but Kyuhyun said to the driver, “Never mind, just take this girl first.  I’m not in hurry.”

“Ah, no need.  I’ll just find another one.  My mistake I got into your taxi,” the girl replied.

“You didn’t take umbrella, it’s ok I’m not bad guy, if you don’t mind we can share the taxi,” Kyuhyun wore his earphone and closed his eyes.  The taxi started moving.

His phone vibrated,

from: “They live their life together until the end.  Isn’t that good?”

To:“They DIED in the end, escaped from the impossibility of being together.  I don’t get the idea.”

From: “You’re not romantic at all.”

To: “If you say so.”

The two strangers who sat in the same taxi didn’t care at all what the other party did.  They sat absorbed in their own thinking, never thought what fate they’re heading to.

The taxi stopped in her destination.  Kyuhyun opened his eyes, “You arrived.”

“Yes, thanks anyway.  I’ll pay the fees up to here,” she said.

“Just go, I’ll take care of it,” Kyuhyun looked out of window, the rain wasn’t stop yet.  “You live here?” he asked the girl who tried to find her money.

She nodded, handing the fees to Kyuhyun’s hand.  Kyuhyun put it back into her hand, “just go.”  He forced the girls off the taxi and waved.

The girl had no choice but run into her apartment.  Kyuhyun gave her his smile.

“Where should we go this time?” the taxi driver asked.

Kyuhyun turned his head after the girl no longer could be seen.  “I’m living here too.  Thanks,” he smiled, handed him the fees, took off the taxi and headed into his room.

In the room he looked at his drawing once again and felt a familiar feeling.  I’ve seen them somewhere.  He drew seven fairy girls in ancient costumes, in the drawing they’re seen play happily in an isolated river.  Where on earth is the river?