Perfection

The Beauty and the Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why would you allow a shadow into your house?" Jonghyun asked quietly as he sat down on Kibum's plain, creaky bed with a sigh, crossing his legs. Sheer worry was burning in his gaze, mixing with a small hint of wicked jealousy."Don't you know just how dangerous they can be?"

A huff escaped the younger as he situated himself next to his mate, rolling his eyes in annoyance."You know, you're not exactly human either. Does that mean I shouldn't let you in?" He moved a little, laying his head on the other's shoulder."It's not like he would harm anyone... he has no reason to."

"Some creatures need no reason to kill, Kibum. You should know that. Humans are like that, too, but those who were born for the night possess more power, thus they are far more dangerous. You are my mate, it's natural that you allow me to be close to you." Jonghyun's voice was merely a low pure as he pulled the smaller boy closer, marveling in just how perfectly their bodies melded into one. 

Intimacy would have taken it all to the next level, but even the needy beast in the back of his mind knew well that it was too early for that. First, they had to strengthen the bond they had established just some hours back.

"He is my friend. That alone is a reason for me to trust him." Kibum smiled a little, affection reflecting in his eyes."I..I've always known what he was and to be honest, humans repel me more. They have cause me more harm than immortals."

"Have they?" Jonghyun hummed lowly, anger flickering in his mind. He fought against it for the time being, not wanting their first night together to be ruined by useless, mundane rage. 

Kibum nodded a little, gaze darkening significantly."Desire is what drives them to insanity." he whispered softly."Mankind will once slay itself just for the glory. It's sickening, isn't it?"

Jonghyun said nothing for a while, drowning in the cruel words of his petit mate. He would have never thought that Kibum had such dark thoughts. It was somewhat shocking to see that such a dainty, beautiful creature could have his heart filled with emotions this bitter.

It made him want to change it.

"It surely is sickening..." He spoke finally with a weak, sad smile."But there are good things about them too, no?" he asked reluctantly."For me.. they are a source of food."

At that, Kibum let out a small giggle that soon morphed into a full-blown laughter. He wipe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter