Icy Glow

The Beauty and the Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum looked around in utter awe as Jonghyun led him into the building, holding him by the arm gently. From the outside, he would have thought it was some kind of shrine, but the petit space inside only held a pond, its water frozen solid. Torches lined the entrance, their flame a stunning blue. Somehow, the entire place seemed to bask in a certain kind of magic that has always mesmerized the boy. It was familiar to him, yet it held the excitement of something new, something he had never seen before.

"Wow." he whispered after a few moments, his eyes kept on the frozen pond. It seemed to glimmer in the light of the torches.

"This is a shrine of sort, to my kind's ancestors." Jonghyun said softly as he leant ahead a little, one of his hands around Kibum's small waist."While creatures like us don't quiet believe in marriage, we have another kind of...ceremony. With bringing you here, if you wish of course, I am asking you to be mine officially, and as time passes, join my family, my clan for an eternity.  The souls of my kind's deceased members are here right now, I'm sure you can feel them if you close your eyes."

Kibum looked down, his cheeks flushed. He barely knew Jonghyun and yet, all he wanted was to say yes with a huge smile. Maybe it was the undeniable attraction between them: he already felt like he was nothing without the man that stood next to him, hope radiating from his entire being.

"I may not know you yet..." he started, voice trembling as he shut his eyes to feel the lingering souls around them, hear their whispers and pleas for him to say 'yes'."But... I think I can say that my soul is yours." the boy finished finally, biting into his lower lip."I have never loved before, so I may be making the wrong choice, but..." he couldn't finish his sentence as suddenly, gentle lips were pressed against his in a heated kiss and gentle hands were wrapped around his neck, holding him gently.

Something seemed to change in the atmosphere: a bright light flashed, illuminating everything for a brief second. And then, Kibum was pressed to Jonghyun's chest, muscled arms holding him securely.

"It's okay, I think our bond has been... made." Jonghyun whispered quietly, his voice sweet as he pressed a tiny kiss to Kibum's temple."I'm sorry for rushing you, my dear, but..."

"I know already that I will love you for a long time... It may sound stupid because..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter