The Start of Something New

The Beauty and the Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"To be completely honest, I'm a little worried about Jinki..." Kibum admitted softly as he nuzzled closer to his mate, letting out a soft, content sigh as he felt the vampire tug him even closer. Already, their legs were entangled and bodies pressed close: they usually fell asleep like this. However now, neither could let the peaceful dark claim their restless souls.

"Of course you are. He means threat to us all." Jonghyun sighed softly, rubbing the younger's back soothingly. He frowned a little when he felt a tiny bump in the middle: it definitely hadn't been there before. Shrugging it off for the time being, the vampire moved to kiss his mate lightly, his lips barely brushing the younger's.

"No. He is my friend, Jonghyun." Kibum rolled his eyes with a soft sigh."Just cause he is a shadow, it doesn't mean that he'll hurt us. He never acted like this before, really. Anyway, we've talked about this already but I just can't stop thinking about him. I don't even know why. I mean, people who care will shrug off the little problems and come back to hug you, right?"

The innocence in those wide brown eyes stunned the vampire. He was used to sweet giggles and gentle touches, nervous blushing and clueless looks, but he knew that Kibum had lived through a lot already. It was always so obvious...

However now, the boy looked almost as if he was just a child, as if he had never seen just how cruel people could be. 

"Oh darling.." Jonghyun sighed quietly, kissing the younger's forehead a couple of times, his heart clenching at the unshed tears shining in his mate's eyes."Sometimes... sometimes a hug isn't enough to solve things. I think you know that, too."

"Yes, but he's my good friend." Kibum bit into his lower lip, pearly white piercing soft pink effortlessly. A stray drop of crimson cascaded down the pale chin of the boy, causing his mate to swallow hard.

While he was physically incapable of harming his Kibum in any way, Jonghyun knew well that he could easily drink up the sweet little droplet. It would not be enough to quench his thirst, but it would be more than enough to evoke a new kind of hunger deep in his soul.

And yet, without fearing the consequences, he swiftly leant in, at the pale skin of his mate. For a moment,he allowed himself to get lost in the moment, nearly purring as the sweet liquid made his body shiver pleasantly, filling each of his senses.

 Lips curling upwards into a cheeky sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter