Vivid imagination

The Beauty and the Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kibum was cold.

The last customers had just left the restaurant, but his boss had made him stay for a while more, simply because the other staff members couldn't. His tasks were easy: cleaning up a little, putting the plates back to the cupboards and so on. But once the heating had been turned off, the whole - somewhat shabby - building appeared to have frozen. The blond's mere source of warmth were the puffs of hot air that would escape his shivering lips.

And yet, he kept on walking and cleaning, packing and just simply: working. He had no idea how long he had been in that icy place, but he did know that if he didn't hurry, he was going to get really sick. 

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps made the pale boy look up."Is someone here?" he asked, hearing the soft shuffling of feet again. 

No response came, but the shuffling sound stopped. 

Kibum bit into his lower lip, fright reflecting in his eyes as he looked around slowly. Nothing seemed out of place, and there seemed to be no traces of intrusion."So I'm going mad." the boy muttered, letting out a quiet sigh of relief. He went back to cleaning up the last table, shivering as his frail hand came in contact with the soapy, cold sponge.

That was when he felt warm arms wrap around his middle.

The boy froze, his heart-beat picking up as he felt imprisoned, yet warm in his newly formed cage. He wanted to turn back to see who was holding him, yet he felt paralyzed. Hot breaths fanned his bare ears as gentle fingers ran up and down his heavily clothed, frail torso. 

"Wh..what?" Kibum wanted to ask, feeling dazed but not one bit scared. He hadn't felt this relaxed in many years.

"Sh, just close your eyes, I'll warm you up, my dear." A deep voice murmured slowly, quietly. Kibum was sure that even if the room had been bustling with people, only he would have heard those soothing, sweet words.

But the magic of the moment was broken all of a sudden: the loud sound of a door being slammed shut broke Kibum out of his reverie. By the time he heard the heavy steps of his boss - an unmistakable pounding of leathery boots against the pale, cold tiles - the warmth was gone, and so was the creature that had provided him with it.

Kibum felt empty, but he only let the odd feeling consume his soul for a few moments; his thoughts revolving around the stranger quickly faded as he heard his name being snarled.

"You haven't finished still?" The chubby man asked, voice dripping venom as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter