Talking, talking

The Beauty and the Vampire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If it's okay with you, before driving you home I'd like to take you somewhere special. Call your... friends that you'll be late if you want." Jonghyun said as he buckled Kibum's seatbelt without giving him any time to actually move a little."You may not know, but it has been a struggle for me to watch you from afar and I feel like I deserve a couple of hours from your precious time. Correct me if I'm wrong though, darling."

"I would absolutely love to spend some time with you." Kibum's answer came in a dazed whisper as he felt his cheeks burn, a deep crimson color replacing their milky color within moments."I'm sure Jinki will be able to take care of Tae for a while. I know that the poor kid is old enough to fend himself for a few hours but he always tries to walk and...it never ends well. I don't think he will ever accept the fact that he is bound to his chair. I probably would feel the same but..."

"Of course, you can't quite understand what he is feeling." Jonghyun's voice was low as he lay a hand on Kibum's tigh, finally starting the car."I think that you should give him some freedom, he probably thinks that he is unable to do anything on his own."

"He is, Jonghyun." Kibum said softly."He can move around the house well, surely, but we don't live in a place where he would be able to reach the counter or even the table, I have to help him with most things."

"You can't afford things like that, can you?" Jonghyun asked with a sigh."I know your reasons for leaving your previous city, but I think that your life had been somewhat better there. Just looking at you makes me angry, when was the last time you ate actual food?"

"Honestly? I can't remember." The blond shrugged, teeth sinking into his lower lip."But I try to cook what I can, you know. Life isn't fair. Some have the fancy car, stylish clothes, and some have no food or electricity. It could be worse for us."

"You are acting like this is normal." Jonghyun sighed."However, let's not spoil our first date with things like this. Please do call your friends now. We are going to a place with little to no reception.

Around an hour passed. Kibum had relaxed in his seat long ago, leaning back as much as he could. He had never felt this safe in a car before but with Jonghyun, everything felt right. He didn't even know where they were going and he trusted the other with his life.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter