oo5: The Search and Impostor

Voice of an angel

Kyungsoo's pov

"we're here guys!" Sehun and Luhan said as they placed our orders on the table. "Thank you" I said as the two sat opposite us. "You're welcome!" Sehun chirped ashe started drinking. "Kai is that you?" a voice from behind said and the four of us turn around and saw Suho, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun.

"Hey guys!" Kai greeted and I did a small bow while sitting because honestly speaking I'm not that close with them. One time Baekhyun tried to get to know me and his strategy was going shopping because he said 'what better way to know someone by shopping?' well that didn't end up well because in the end I have to carry 10 shopping bags and none of it were mine. He got too engrossed that he forgot his main reason why I was with him. At the end of the day he apologized and said we could go tomorrow but I lied and said I need to go to my grand mother's house because she's sick.

"Oh! Hey Luhan!" Baekhyun greeted and Luhan did a small wave. "You know them?" ask Kai. Luhan just shrugged "yeah. I know them since middle school" he grinned after "then why didn't I know them?" Sehun asks "well you see they study in a different school and all of our schedule just don't match so yeah. And don't be jealous you're still my best friend no matter what happen!" he said that made Sehun smile.

"Then why didn't you guys introduced him to me?" Kai ask and Suho just rolled his eyes "dummy. We were planning to introduce him to you but it's either he have to stay for a longer time for his club activities or that you have to prepare for some dancing competition or you're busy with Kyungsoo"

"oh" both Luhan and Kai said. "Well now we don't have to bother introducing you guys to each other because you already met" Chanyeol grinned. 

"Now why don't we all transfer to a larger table? And I see we haven't met this boy" Suho smiled at Sehun who greeted back shyly. 

In the end we have decided to sit on the far corner of the cafe where there aren't much people that could see us. Why? With the other five boys there are a lot of chaos going on around us. Specially to those high school girls who keep on giggling.

Sitting with the others for a few hours, I couldn't believe how fun it was with the other three (Suho, Baekhyun and Chanyeol). I guess I should have at least tried knowing them because they're so much fun to be with.

Then we got to the part that I was trying to avoid Jongin telling about the search for his "angel"

But no matter what I do it's no use and by the end of the day the others already knew about it. As Jongin keeps on talking about his angel Sehun kept sending me worried glances.

"oh yeah! We heard the voice too. It was so angelic!" 

And thus the beginning of the search with the others joining in. I could already tell that it is going to be a very hard work in keeping my identity.

~♂~

Narrator's POV

The search for Jongin's angel started and they began making inquiries. It was a shot in the dark considering no one really heard about this angel that everyone was so intrigue.

The "angel" kept appearing during lunch time but everytime they went inside the music room and no matter how long they wait "angel" didn't appear. How would he? when he's with them all along. But Kyungsoo realized that during the search he got closer with other people.

"Kyungie what should I do?" Jongin asks Kyungsoo when they along with the others are at the cafe near school. "I guess the person don't want to be found" he said. "Probably. But... but" Jongin didn't got the chance to finish his sentence because he was already crying.

"What's wrong Kai?" he asks as he run to his side to rub his back soothingly. "I really want to find my angel. I know I already met him when I was young but he ran away. And now that I got the chance to meet my angel again..." Kyungsoo pats him on the back. The others just watch as the two best friend intereact with each other.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll show up soon. Just have faith" Kyungsoo couldn't believe he let himself say that. "You think?" He couldn't help but feel defeated when he sa Jongin's mesmerizing eyes. "Yeah. omorrow at lunch. I know your angel will show up"

Sehun looked alarmly at Kyungsoo as if saying 'what the heck?!' but he assured him with a smile.

Unbeknownst to the group of 7 people a person is listening to their conversation. "Tomorrow at lunch huh? Now I'll have my lunch" as quick as the figure appeared it disappeared into the mass of crowd.

~♂~

"What the heck was that?!" Sehun dragged Kyungsoo who came early to school the next day. "What?" Kyungsoo looked at Sehun innocently "don't what me! What you said yesterday, you're just getting Kai hyung's hopes up!" he made wild hand gestures.

Kyungsoo grabbed one of Sehun's arms that was about to hit him unintentionally "Sehun, I guess it's time for him to know the truth" he said that made the younger boy quiet. "Are you sure about this?" Kyungsoo nodded. "Then good luck hyung. Let's just hope for the best" the 2 males hugged and then went to their classroom.

But what the two didn't notice is that 4 people oveheard their conversation. 

"Hyung what do they mean by that?" Baekhyun asks Suho who was deep in thought. "I see. It's all starting to connect now" he nodded then kept quiet "what is it hyung?" Chanyeol asks the leader who was staring far ahead. "That's why Sehun's getting all antsy" Luhan added and the two looked at each other as if having a secret conversation.

"What is it?"the breakfast couple asks. "We know who the angel is" the two said at the same time. "Really?! Who?" Chanyeol's eyes got wider and Baekhyun with the same expression. "Kyungsoo" Suho said in a whisper but all of them heard correctly.

"No wonder why he's always gone when the "angel" appeared. Why didn't we notice this?" Baekhyun hit his head. "Jongin's an idiot" Luhan mumbled. "Who's an idiot?" they heard a voice behind that made them jump from shock only to realize Jongin said that.

"How long have you been there?" Chanyeol ask not so calmly "well I just got here. Why?" the 4 shook their heads in the same time and turn to leave while saying "nothing" "don't mind us" "bye" "what a wonderful love story" that made Chanyeol receive a smack from behind by Baekhyun.

"What was that for?" he rub the part where Baekhyun hit his head "you're an idiot" Baekhyun said then walks away "hey Baekie" Chanyeol runs after the older boy that left Kai confused as ever.

~♂~

It was almost lunch time and the seven of them were in front of the music room. "Well, why don't all of us go inside?" Kai asks shakily as he opens the door.

"Wait!" Kyungsoo said and everyone looked at him "what is it Kyungie?" Kai asks. He was about to say the truth when someone opens the door. It revealed a girl with a long hair and doll like features. Yes she's beautiful but something about her made the other 6 doubtful. Specially to Kyungsoo, but Kai was too busy staring at her.

"Are you my angel?" he asks and the girl shyly nodded. Kyungsoo was about to say something but the girl look at Kyungsoo with a piercing gaze as if saying 'talk and you die'

Sehun was about to attack the girl but Luhan saw his action and immediately stopped him. It was the same for Baekhyun but Chanyeol made it in time before he could do something that will hurt the so called "angel." Suho examinedthe girl with furrowed eyebrows.

"what's your name?" Kai asks "Ae Cha" the girl shyly replied. "Ae Cha" he let her name played with his lips for awhile "I'm   Kai" he smiled tenderly at the girl. And Kyungsoo couldn't do anything but watch with a broken heart and glassy eyes as Kai is being taken away by this impostor.