oo2: confrontations

Voice of an angel

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

Touring Sehun around the school isn’t much of a problem. He’s nice and polite, also easy to get along with. Our touring was kind of short because the school isn’t that large and besides the other classrooms and clubs in the school, there are only a few destinations like the gym, garden, track and field, science laboratory, and lastly the music room.

“Lastly, the music room” I opened the door of the old music room which no one really use and both of us went in. “what an old music room.  Is this haunted?” I don’t know if he’s joking or serious because it looks like he’s about to pee his pants. Especially when the door closed with a loud bang.

“H-hyung? What was that?” Usually I’m not a scaredy cat but in circumstances like this I’m not really sure what to do. Especially when I’m shaking like hell because of fear. “pro-probably the wind” I said. “haha hyung is scared… hahaha” he laugh uneasily just to ease the tension.

“me? Am not!” I said and went to sit on the piano chair while he sits on another vacant one. “Do you know how to play the piano, hyung?” I pressed some keys “yeah. Ever since I was a child” I played some random melodies while talking to me.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Am4cHMBKM)

“so… what do you think about Kai hyung?” I stopped playing and look at him “do you…” my throat constricted thinking about the possibility “possibly like him?” he laugh at me. Is there something funny? I think knowing your new friend has a crush on your first love best friend is not funny.

“Goodness no. What makes you think that?” I look at him “you don’t like him?” he shook his head fervently “why would I? when I already have Luhannie hyung” I continued playing some melody “You mean Luhan? One of the top students here? The cute guy? Is he your boyfriend?” I saw him blush at the last question “what?! No!” he said while covering his blushing face before looking up “he’s just my… friend” somehow I could hear disappointment in his voice.

“You like him huh?” he just look down “he’s the main reason why I transferred school. He said that he feels lonely though I don’t see why because he’s kind of popular here” somehow in the middle of the sentence I could hear sniffing coming from him.

“Sehun are you crying?” he looks up and tears were really flowing from his eyes. “No. I’m just sweating through my eyes” he laughs a little before crying. Well… that wasn’t the response I expected.  “Why are you crying?” he wiped his tears “I don’t know. I’m just happy because I can share my feelings with someone. And at the same time I feel stupid. I fell in love with an idiot. A clueless idiot and I only realized it now. He always says stuffs like being friends forever and I’m really hurt. I’m mad at myself because I want to forget my feelings but I can’t because I still have some useless hope thinking that maybe he would like me back” he continued to cry as I gave him a look of sympathy and understanding. Iplayed the tune with even more passion and emotions to match the mood.

After a few moments he stopped crying “sorry about that” he apologize and I just nodded while continue playing the tune. “How about you and Kai?” I abruptly stopped playing and look at him with shock. Before continuing to play what I stopped.

“What do you mean?”  he gave me a meaningful look “the way you look at him gives everything away. I could see how your eyes sparkle when he’s around. It’s the same how I look at Luhan hyung” I closed my eyes and let my fingers graze the piano keys. He’s right. Even though I kept denying to myself everything that is in front of me, I know what I feel for Jongin is different.

Sighing I started to play with everything I have. “I don’t know… All I know is that he’s my best friend and I’m happy when he’s there for me. I’m afraid that I might ruin everything. Specially what we have right now which is a very strong bond of friendship”

I remembered the first day both of us met. (Stop the music)

Flashback

I lowered my head when I heard people talking about me as I walk down the hall. People kept teasing me and calling me a mute because I don’t talk to anyone. Not even the teachers unless necessary. I hate attention so I keep wondering why people notice those people who just want to fade away in the background. Just my luck because the attention I got was from the bad ones.

As I went inside the music room to hide while looking around and lowering my cap, I saw a grand piano in the middle of the room. It was beautiful, all grand and all. Sitting on the chair I press a key then another and another. Letting my passion do the rest I played a song that I really like and soon my voice joined in.

I was about to sing the last part when someone joined in. the voice was beautiful at the same time hypnotizing. I stopped playing and look at him but he smiled and said “why did you stop? Continue. Or better yet start from the beginning” he grinned and sat beside me. Dumbfounded by the new person I continued playing. He sings the first part and soon I found myself joining in.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ros0J3sJUu4)--Fly me to the moon)

Fly me to the moon

Let me swing among those stars

Let me see what spring is like

On Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand

In other words, baby, kiss me
Fill my heart with song

Let me sing forever more

You are all I long for

All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true

In other words, I love you
Why don't you fill my heart with song?

Let me swing forever more

Because you are all I long for

All I worship and I adore
In other words, please be true

In other words

In other words, I, I love you

I stopped playing and lowered my cap even more. “that was great! And you have a beautiful voice. Like an angel” I stood up and bowed to him “I’m Kim Jongin but people call me Kai” I back away when he tried taking my cap off. “Can you please take off your cap? I want to see your face” I shook my head and ran outside. “wait!” he called out but I continued running “okay! See you next time!” he said but I never looked back. I’m really thankful that I have my cap so he won’t recognize me.

End of Flashback

I smiled at the memory while playing the tune when I first him, though he didn’t know me that time. ‘Stupid Jongin’ I chuckled because he would never really know it was me. I never told him I knew how to play the piano so he never suspects me. But I doubt that he would still remember that time. I smiled when I remember the ‘first’ time we officially met.

Flashback

I sat on the park swing just to pass off time. I was sitting calmly when I felt someone push the swing softly. I look behind me  and saw the same boy at the music room. “Hello! My name is Kim Jongin but people call me Kai” I chuckled inwardly at the same sentence he said to me before.

After a few moments he stopped pushing me and he sits on the swing beside mine. “Have I seen you somewhere?” he ask “no. but I think we go to the same school” I lied smoothly. He look at my uniform “oh yeah. Maybe I did saw you once. What’s your name?” I contemplated a bit if I should tell him my name “come on. I’m not a killer or something” I laugh at him before smiling “I’m Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo” he smiled back “nice to meet you Kyungsoo. I could tell we would be great friends”

End of Flashback

And we did. We became best friend for almost 6 years. I smiled at all the memories the two of us have. “hyung? Hyung!” I look at Sehun “you’ve been spacing out” I grinned sheepishly “sorry” he just chuckled while shaking his head. “Can you sing?” I shrug “you totally can! Can you sing for me please?” he did a buing buing and I just couldn’t say no to him.

“alright” I played the song fly me to the moon which is a very memorable one. And I could see Sehun having a great time. Though he didn’t dare to sing along. I don’t know why though.

Narrator’s POV

But what the two didn’t know is there’s 4 people wandering around talking and joking before stopping at the music room where they heard Kyungsoo singing. One particular boy stopped when he heard the familiar tune and voice singing. “He’s here. My angel’s here” Kai whispered to himself.

“Kai? You okay?” Suho ask “yeah” Kai said still deep in thought about the voice. The 4 of them continued to listen to the angelic voice that they don’t know to whom belong. But somewhere between Kai’s thoughts he decided that he would look for his angel.

_____________________________________________________________________

a/n: hey guys! I decided this would be a short story like maybe 5 chapters or more??? I don't know but please continue supporting me! I love you all!!! But I promise it won't exceed 10 chapters.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!!