All is Well (Part 2)

Our Roller Coaster Ride

[A/N]

It's been so long since I've last updated..

I'm very sorry ><

anyway here's the update. Still unedited as per usual xD

Hope you guys remember Misook? She's Kwonnie's attending obgyne (Chapter 5) :3

Please don't forget to leave a comment and ENJOY~! :)

Myungyeol moment for Ero-chibi hyung :3 haha! xD

 

---------

 

The sound of a plate placed against the dark counter top resounded against the walls of the modern kitchen as a man busied himself with setting the dishes for an afternoon snack. He was humming to himself as he laid the table knife and the fork beside a white ceramic ware that rested over a burnt orange colored table mat that bore intricate oriental embroidery in between its well woven threads. He finished it off by placing three newly cooked pancakes, topped with caramelized green apples with cinnamon powder and a scoop of vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.

 

The man was proud that his culinary piece had turned out quite well. He washed his hands and wiped them clean with a white towel that had been lazily hanging around his neck. He then grabbed the small flower vase that stood beside the sink which held a single, long stemmed, red rose and placed it on the counter top. He was engrossed with praising himself as he mentally patted his back, not noticing that a waddling being was approaching behind him.

 

“Myungie~ where’s the food!” Sungyeol demanded as he took slow steps to reach his husband. His taste buds suddenly ached for something that was badly saccharine and, at the same time, very fragrant. He was having troubles with pinpointing to his husband the kind of food that he wanted earlier that afternoon. As soon as the pungent smell reached the pregnant man’s nose, Sungyeol turned to his husband who was beaming his one thousand watt smile.

 

“Just finished everything, sorry if you waited long,” Myungsoo said as he guided his wife to take a seat and settled to the adjacent leathered dining chair.

 

“Oh, well, better start digging in!” Sungyeol chirped as he held the knife and fork in his hands and began to chow down the scrumptious dish before him. Sungyeol eyed Myungsoo when the latter stood up and headed for the refrigerator. Myungsoo took a pitcher of fresh orange juice and grabbed a tall glass to pour the tangy drink for his wife and handed it over to Sungyeol who gladly took it with both hands.

 

Sugyeol cut the pancake, making sure that the ice cream and whipped cream were included, and took the piece inside his mouth, letting his afternoon sweet treat touch his buds, “It’s perfect, yeobo!”

 

Sungyeol continuously stuffed the epitome of sweetness inside his mouth as he found himself falling into the spell of his husband’s cooking.

 

“Eat slowly, will you?” Myungsoo admonished, chuckling at the adorable sight before him. Watching his wife eating the things that he craved always amused him as it would always show his spouse’s childlike expression of content and satisfaction. Sungyeol’s eating habits, no matter how weird they have become over the past months, always made Myungsoo feel accomplished whenever he’s able to provide what the former wanted, like now.

 

Sungyeol downed almost half of the juice and heartily sighed as he felt the food and the drink settle inside his stomach. But despite feeling contented, Sungyeol felt that something was off. He tilted his head to the side as he pondered about what was amiss; that he could not point his finger on it. Sungyeol then noticed that his husband just watched him as he ate, which was not new at all. “Why aren’t you eating?” he asked.

 

Myungsoo just shrugged, not taking his eyes off his wife, “I’m fine. I love watching you eat what I cook,” he breathed as he reached for the white towel around his neck and wiped the syrup that smeared the side of Sungyeol’s lips.

 

Sungyeol felt the towel being dabbed on his skin as he took another slice and held it up in front of his husband, “Here, eat this.”

 

“If you say so…” Myungsoo said and opened up to eat the food Sungyeol offered.

 

The couple started feeding each other and was caught up with their light conversations. They talked about the shower party that they hosted two days ago and everything else that was under the sun.

 

“It’s good to know Yookwon hyung’s fine, I wonder what’s wrong with him…” Sungyeol mused out of the blue.

 

Myungsoo moved and dragged his chair closer to his wife who suddenly became worried, “Dongwoo hyung said that it was just fatigue, right? I bet he’s home now.”

 

Fatigue.

 

Sungyeol replayed the word inside is head. He remembered calling Dongwoo and Hoya at the crack of dawn after reading Jiho’s text message, that Yookwon was sent to the hospital, but not mentioning why was Yookwon admitted. Dongwoo and Hoya went straight to the baby shower after visiting Yookwon and told Myungsoo and Sungyeol that it was just stress and fatigue.

 

But Sungyeol was sure there was something else, that it was not just fatigue that had made his friend stay in the hospital. He vividly remembered Dongwoo’s sneaky smile when Hoya explained the things that happened in the hospital. There has got to be something that they have not told them, and most of all, Dongwoo could not possibly be happy with a friend being sick and taken in a medical facility.

 

The craving man was about to voice his doubts and mentally drawn conclusions when their doorbell rang.

 

 A visitor has made itself known.

 

Myungsoo looked back as he put the small towel on the counter, “He’s here. I’ll get the gate, you finish eating… slowly, ‘kay?” Myungsoo then kissed Sungyeol’s lips that tasted green apple syrup before he stood up to open the gate for their guest.

 

Sungyeol then shouted before Myungsoo could make it out of the living room, “Someone’s going to pay for being absent on the party~!”

 

Myungsoo chuckled at his wife’s words as he exited their door and walked down the stone path that lay in front of their door, leading the way to their wooden gate. He knew why his wife was looking forward to the visit of another friend.

 

Upon reaching the gate, the dark haired man turned the locks and opened the gate that soon revealed their guest for the afternoon.

 

“Hyung, want a shot of soju?” Myungsoo immediately offered as his guest stepped his foot inside their residence.

 

It was a form of welcoming guests, some type of a code. In Myungsoo’s household, one would be offered a drink according to their closeness to either him or his wife. In Myungsoo’s case, if one was offered soju, then the person must be very close to him, while in Sungyeol’s case, it’s definitely coffee. If the drink that’s offered was neither soju nor coffee, then, they’re not that close.

 

The man chuckled and shook his head as he gave a light punch on Myungsoo’s arm, “You soju addict. Just a shot, no more, no less...”

 

The two gents went inside the house and lounged in the living room. Myungsoo took a seat on the big couch as his guest took the seat across him, a glass coffee table in between them. Myungsoo leaned his back against the soft couch and let an arm rest on the headrest. “You said you’re telling us something very important, hyung,” Myungsoo started.

 

Before the man could open his mouth, a cheerful voice broke off, coming from behind him. Judging by the slight faintness of the voice, the older man assumed that the owner of the voice was probably still on his way out of from the kitchen.

 

“Jaehyo hyung!” Sungyeol beamed as he waddled his way to the couch and sat beside his husband who immediately wrapped an arm around his waist.

 

“Hey kid,” Jaehyo greeted back.

 

The three looked at each other for three good seconds when Jaehyo cleared his throat and crossed his legs. “As Myungsoo was saying, I’m here to tell you something,” he reiterated as he reached for his pocket and pulled out his branded wallet and went through its contents.

 

“Are you giving us your gold card to make up for your absence two days ago?” Sungyeol teased, cocking an eyebrow as he looked at the still searching man.

 

Jaehyo looked up and laughed, “Hey, I said I was sorry that I couldn’t make it. And the answer to your question is no. I don’t have my gold card.”

 

“I was just messing with you hyung. Why? What happened to your card?” Sungyeol giggled as he rubbed his stomach.

 

Jaehyo closed his wallet and had it returned at the pocket at the back of his jeans after pulling out a piece of paper, “I had it cut, I have to start saving.”

 

Myungsoo raised a brow as the infamous line left his hyung’s lips, “Start saving? Are you planning to get married and settle down?”

 

Sungyeol squealed in glee, happiness and excitement written all over his face, right after Myungsoo threw the question right at the table, not beating around the bush. But he stopped when he thought of something very important.

 

“Who’s the lucky person, hyung? Why haven’t you introduced us? You promised!” Sungyeol asked. He knew Jaehyo has his ways on both genders, and that he’s active on the dating scene. His hyung wasn’t a playboy, really, his hyung was just looking for the right person that’s he’s going to introduce to them, his friends.

 

“Calm down dongsaeng, you might pop if you won’t,” Jaehyo jested as he waved his hands up and down, gesturing to the younger pregnant man to settle down, “Don’t worry, I was planning to introduce him to everyone, you’ll love him.”

 

“So, moving on, what are you telling us? Is it really that important? Can’t believe you left your office this early,” Myungsoo smirked.

 

“Oh yeah, I wanted to give myself a break from watching VTRs. Anyway, it’s this,” Jaehyo said as he tried not to remember his work and had put a piece of paper at the middle of the coffee table. He then tapped the paper twice with his forefinger, “Take a look at this.”

 

Myungsoo reached for the small paper and took a good look at it, recognizing the thin object that was in between his fingers. Myungsoo could not be fooled; he knew the thing too well for he himself had a fair share similar to the one he was holding, “Ultrasound?”

 

Sungyeol gasped and held on Myungsoo’s left thigh as his eyes opened wide, looking bewildered as ever as he looked at his hyung, “You got him pregnant! That’s why you’re getting married?! I thought you were wait—”

 

“Yah! I knocked up nobody, aigoo.” Jaehyo defended.

 

Sungyeol crossed his arms in front of his chest as he leaned a bit into Jaehyo’s direction, “Yeah right, that’s what Woohyun hyung said when he married Sunggyu hyung who was four months pregnant on the dot.”

 

“So, whose ultrasound picture is this?” Myungsoo asked in place of his wife. It was better to ask to clear things immediately before things could go out of hand.

 

Jaehyo leaned back on his seat as he rested an elbow on the armrest and put the weight of his head on his left palm, “You know who was admitted to the hospital, right?”

 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes and looked back at Jaehyo, his face full of mock due to the previous argument but came to a complete stop as the question’s meaning dawned on him, “Of course, I know who— oh my God.”

 

Sungyeol was getting all excited as the fresh information made its way to the core of his brain. He understood who owns those grainy, black and white, ultrasound images. Sungyeol could not contain his happiness at all. He didn’t know what to do. Should he jump? Roll on the floor? Do jumping jacks? Bizarre activities crowded Sungyeol’s mind that he ended up all jittery as he remained rooted on the couch.

 

Myungsoo grinned, ear to ear as he watched his wife whose reaction was only to fan his face with his hands. “Yeobo, calm down, we’ll call them later.” Myungsoo cajoled.

 

Myungsoo was doing great in containing his excitement at the newly shared information. It was one heck of a good news!

 

-o-O-o-

 

“I’m home!” Minhyuk called from the front door as he toed his shoes off and went straight to the kitchen counter, leaving large paper bags that contained grocery items that he bought earlier that afternoon. Instead of only buying things that his wife had asked him through a text, Minhyuk ended up buying everything that the doctor had told him to feed Yookwon to increase his nutrient intake.

 

Yookwon was discharged from the hospital in the morning on that same day, and before they left, Yookwon’s doctor dictated everything that the pregnant man needed and what he lacks. Minhyuk, being the forever attentive husband, took note of every detail and decided to do the groceries after bringing Yookwon home to continue his rest.

 

Minhyuk received no response and assumed that his wife must have fallen into a deep sleep. Minhyuk stepped gingerly as he walked further inside their home and walked few flights of stairs that would lead him to their shared room. Decided to check on his wife, Minhyuk slowly opened the door only to find a very much sleeping Yookwon, or so he thought.

 

Yookwon was in the middle of their room, sitting comfortably on the floor as he watched his favorite program on TV while waiting for Minhyuk to get home from work. He was holding a jar of pickles as he mentally listed various ingredients that were used in the cooking show that commenced before his eyes. Picking a pickle out of the glass container, Yookwon heard the opening of their door and guessed that his husband has finally made it home. Yookwon turned his head and immediately welcomed his husband home.



Minhyuk gave his wife a smile as he stepped inside and left their door open behind him and walked his way to his wife, “I thought you were sleeping when nobody greeted me downstairs.”



“Nah, I already had too much of sleeping in the hospital.  Oh, did you get the things I asked you to buy?” Yookwon asked as he repositioned himself against the wooden tiled floor and stretched his left leg in front of him.



Already a half meter away from his wife, Minhyuk bent over to give Yookwon a peck on the lips, “Yup, I got them. They’re in the kitchen though. Wait, I’ll get them.”



Minhyuk rushed out of the master’s bedroom and into the kitchen. Their house wasn’t that big for Minhyuk to take longer than half a minute. Yookwon did not have to wait too long for his treats for he knew that Minhyuk would be there beside him in no time.



Upon returning inside the room, Minhyuk held a white plastic bag that was obviously weighed with every food item that Yookwon requested. Handing it over to his wife, Minhyuk couldn’t help himself from getting curious, “Are you sure you can finish all of that?”



“I think. I didn’t eat anything after breakfast.” Yookwon said as he peeked at the contents of the bag and smiled after making sure that every edible item that he has been craving for were complete. Taking out a tub of a strawberry flavored yogurt, Yookwon grinned to himself; the mere thought of opening the lid and see the pinkish goo that would later be touching his taste buds just made him more giddy than usual.



Minhyuk, who was greatly disturbed about what his wife has just told him, took a seat and eased himself behind Yookwon who immediately rested his back against his chest. Minhyuk then wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist. Minhyuk turned to look at Yookwon who busied himself with dipping a pickle generously into the strawberry yogurt, “Why didn’t you eat? And does that even taste good?”



Yookwon just shrugged as he bit the mouth-watering delicacy and paid no attention to Minhyuk’s query. Instead, he offered the food and even bothered to do the dipping for his spouse. “You want some? The babies love it,” he smiled as he drew the food nearer to Minhyuk’s mouth.



“I’m fine. You eat it, you still owe the little ones their lunch,” Minhyuk said as he pinched Yookwon’s nose between his fingers. It was the subtlest way to decline the undelectable food before him. He thanked his brains that functioned properly when Yookwon tried to let him eat the food. He didn’t want to start a bickering fueled by kicking hormones, at least that’s what he had witnessed with Sungyeol when Myungsoo took notice of his plumping figure when the former was still in the earlier months of his pregnancy.

 

Yookwon was happily munching away when he felt warm hands against his clothed stomach. Minhyuk rested his palms against the still nonexistent bump as he smiled to himself, yet again under the euphoria of being a soon-to-be father. Yookwon refrained from eating and felt his body relax when Minhyuk had started drawing circles with his thumb, but it was not too long for Yookwon to hold in his giggles.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Minhyuk asked as he raised a brow while he looked at his spouse who obviously has happiness written all over his face.

 

Yookwon craned his neck to take a good look at his amused husband as he placed his palms over his hands, “It tickles.” Yookwon felt Minhyuk’s chest rumbling softly against his back as he chuckled. He then felt his husband’s chest rising as he breathed in deep and felt a pair of lips kissing the side of his head.

 

Minhyuk kept Yookwon in his embrace as he started to rock on his sides lightly, cradling Yookwon as they remained seated on the floor. The two of them opted to stay silent and enjoyed each other’s company. Yookwon moved closer to Minhyuk and rested his head at the crook of his neck, they continued with their cuddling as Yookwon started humming and lightly patted Minhyuk’s hand that rested against his tummy, following the beat of the random melody that spilled between his lips. A few good seconds passed and Yookwon’s humming was cut when Minhyuk’s decided to voice out his thoughts.

 

“I’m nervous.”

 

Upon hearing Minhyuk, Yookwon moved his head a bit farther from his husband’s neck as he looked up to him, “What are you even nervous about?”

 

“If I’m going to be a good father? At least I’m confident with you being a good mother, but how about me?” Minhyuk confessed, his voice trailing off at the last part of his statement, letting his wife have to strain his ears to catch his worries. Minhyuk looked anywhere but Yookwon. But when his eyes decided to stop at their framed wedding portrait on their bedroom wall, Minhyuk felt a warm hand against his cheek. He looked down only to see Yookwon staring at him, with eyes full of love but was somehow also tinged with both worry and confidence.

 

Yookwon continued to stare at his husband as words gracefully left his lips, “You don’t know how relieved I feel right now. Thank you for having such confidence in me.” Yookwon was also nervous about being a parent. They maybe have had tried many times and were very much ready to have children in the two years of their marriage, but everything felt different when it finally happened. Yookwon sat up properly and turned his body to completely face Minhyuk, reaching both of his hands to hold Minhyuk’s face close to his and rested their foreheads against each other. Despite their closeness, Minhyuk could still clearly see the smile that spread across Yookwon’s face.

 

“You’re maybe idiotic and clumsy at times,” Yookwon stated and chuckled as he distanced his face from Minhyuk and ran his thumb against his husband’s cheek, “but I want you to know that you’re going to be a great father for our little ones.”

 

Minhyuk felt overwhelmed and somewhat elated after hearing his wife’s thoughts about him being a father. Doubts were running across his mind ever since Misook had told them the good news. Negative thoughts swarmed his head right after the happiness and the excitement had dissipated when things started to sink in. His eyes had started to get blurry when he was pulled out of his reverie because of Yookwon’s light hearted laughs that invaded his auditory senses.

 

“Hey, don’t cry.” Yookwon teased.

 

Minhyuk did not even notice that he himself was about to cry. Heck no. “I’m not! Something just got in my eyes!” Minhyuk reasoned as he pretentiously rubbed his lids as if trying to remove imaginary dirt.

 

Yookwon just laughed at his husband’s attempt to save his self when he remembered a very critical matter.

 

“Oh Gosh. I’m dead meat tomorrow.” Yookwon breathed as he fisted his hands and placed them against his own cheeks.

 

“Huh? Why?” Minhyuk asked, puzzled.

 

“I sent Jaehyo hyung ultrasound pictures this morning.” Yookwon said as he recounted the things that he did the moment he was discharged out of the hospital.

 

Minhyuk just kept silent as he watched his wife getting all anxious over something so little. Yookwon has started nibbling his nails as he mumbled gibberish things, obviously trying to think about everything of who knows what in one seating.

 

Yookwon then stopped muttering and grabbed the forgotten yogurt and pickles on his side and started munching as his restlessness grew worse, “Yeollie’s going to kill me.”

 

Minhyuk then held Yookwon’s wrist to stop him from feeding himself further. “It’s not good to talk when you’re eating, Kwon. You might choke! Now, tell me what’s wrong”

 

“I think Jaehyo hyung already told Myungsoo and Yeol by now…” Yookwon sighed.

 

“So?” Minhyuk asked raising a brow.

 

“I’ve already told everybody else myself. How could I forget to call them this morning? I bet Jaehyo hyung already beat me to it,” Yookwon said as he rolled his eyes over his own forgetful self. He promised his self to tell everyone himself about the good news. But with possibility of Jaehyo having already told Myungsoo and Sungyeol , he knew someone will go sulky on him.

 

Minhyuk, who now understood the reason to Yookwon’s not so worry-worth problem, shook his head. He just smiled as he grabbed Yookwon and trapped him in his embrace yet again. “Well get back to Jaehyo hyung and I know Sungyeol would understand. Just relax, will you?”

 

“But Yeollie’s too hormonal to understand.” Yookwon mumbled as he pouted and fiddled with his husband’s fingers.

 

Minhyuk, not being able to take the completely adorable face before him, could not help but laugh quietly, “Well, maybe he’ll understand after he pops?”

 

Yookwon just sighed and decided to not get too stressed about it for now, “After he pops? I could only hope…”

 

And both of them heaved a deep breath, filling their lungs to its fullest capacity, and sighed together, deciding to just cross the bridge when they get there.