Change in Plans

Our Roller Coaster Ride

 

Eyow chingyus!!! 

Here's chapter 4! It's unedited (as usual -___-"), so yeah, I'm sorry for typos and some other kinds of erroneous entry that you guys are about to read... >_<

 

I know you guys are worrying about Yookwon.... but... 

 

Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best >_<

 

----------

 

“Kyungie!”

 

“Yookwon hyung!”

 

Yookwon was extremely delighted to see his dongsaeng who was lounging inside Jiho’s workstation. Seeing Kyung all round and smiles, Yookwon felt more giddy and jumpy as he approached the younger man.  He wasn’t able to meet Kyung for a few months now and only heard of his condition through Jiho and Heechan— whenever the latter was brought by his father to visit his uncles at work.

 

Yookwon sat beside Kyung on the brown leather couch and faced the latter with a plastered grin on his face. Yookwon was very happy for his friend whose family’s growing beautifully and healthily. But Yookwon couldn’t help the feeling of yearning to creep in to the corners of his heart. He didn’t notice that he’s been momentarily silent while his eyes stared unfocused as he faced Kyung.

 

Kyung knew what was going through Yookwon’s mind. Yookwon loved kids and what more if it’s his own child, his and Minhyuk’s? Kyung then placed a gentle hand on the back of Yookwon’s hand and smiled gently.

 

“How have you been, hyung? You look tired.” Kyung said, trying to start a light conversation.

 

Yookwon closed his eyes and heaved a sigh as he leaned his side at the back of the couch. “I’ve been well. But I’ve been tired these past weeks.”

 

Kyung knew of the company’s activities and deadlines despite him being on maternal leave. What are connections for? He knew that Minhyuk and Yookwon, with other dance trainers, are catching up with their deadlines and, not to mention, that the couple also works as free lance choreographers for various artists and groups. His husband was on the same boat. He would’ve been able to help Jiho with the musical arrangements and necessary production preparations, but with Jiho’s firm refusal and prohibition about him going to work after his near early labor, Kyung just ended up working on lyrics writing while on bed rest.

 

Kyung looked at Yookwon and took note of the elder’s pale skin, paler skin, even his former pink lips were already almost white as sheet. Kyung couldn’t help but worry. He also noticed Yookwon’s fast and shallow breathing. Kyung started to look around as he remained rooted onto his seat, his motherly instincts working on him.  “Hyung, where’s Minhyuk hyung?”

 

Yookwon felt his heart rate go faster, just like what happened in the dance studio earlier. His throat started to feel dry and he had difficulty responding to Kyung. Yookwon still pushed his self to find his voice and it felt as if broken glass and nails passed through his throat. “He’s… he’s with Jiho... pantry” Yookwon said between his attempts of deep breathing as his eyes were remained closed.

 

Kyung couldn’t stop himself from worrying due to the perturbing condition of the man in front of him— Yookwon was getting paler every second. Kyung couldn’t deny that his brain had unconsciously started to calculate incident probabilities and think of measures that are should be done if things were to happen that’s out of hand.

 

Kyung also had to add the fact that his husband had left him in the room alone, but not until when Yookwon came. But Yookwon’s not in his best condition. Kyung thought, if the worst case scenario would happen to knock right at his door, what would he do? He just couldn’t carry Yookwon outside. He himself wasn’t allowed to do strenuous activities. Hence the sitting position he’s in while inside the office while his husband went out to meet with Minhyuk and Yookwon to tell them of his sudden visit in the company and to fetch Heechan from his uncles as well.

 

Yookwon opened his eyes and his vision was showing him an overly lit room, as if the hues of the supposed to be warm lighted room were so strong that it hurt his eyes. He blinked more and then he looked at Kyung. “Kyung, there’s two of you.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Before Kyung could panic further, the door opened as if on cue. He had been silently praying to the heavens for one of the boys to show up soon. Kyung felt relieved for the opened door revealed his husband who was holding their son with Minhyuk following behind them.

 

Jiho was happily conversing with his son about them going to the mall with Uncle Minnie and Uncle Kwonnie when he opened the door to his office when Kyung had called him the moment he opened the door.

 

“Jiho!” Kyung cried out.

 

Jiho’s ears perked. His wife only called him by his name when things are pretty serious. Jiho put his son down and strode to where Kyung was.

 

“Hi Kyung! What’s wrong?” Minhyuk asked as he walked behind Jiho when he saw his Yookwon was sitting beside Kyung. Minhyuk was also worried for he caught the tinge of anxiousness in Kyung’s voice when he called for his husband. Was something up? Was it about his pregnancy? Or was it something about his wife? Minhyuk kept on thinking what could possibly have happened while he and Jiho were outside talking about going to the mall in preparation for Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s baby shower party. Maybe they’ve talked for too long, especially when Jiho confided about Kyung’s worries on how to ask him and Yookwon about the party… Their talk became longer than intended. His trail of thought was stopped into a complete halt when Yookwon called his name and acknowledged his presence.

 

“Oh, Minnie… You’re here…” Yookwon said still with his shallow breathing.

 

Minhyuk was already kneeling in front of Yookwon, “Is it the palpitation again?” Yookwon just nodded as he closed his again.

 

Kyung silently watched Minhyuk examine Yookwon. He began worrying more when Yookwon said there are two of him. He couldn’t possibly have his head grow into two, right? “Minhyuk hyung, I think you should take Yookwon hyung to the infirmary now or maybe straight to the hospital.”

 

“Uncle Kwonnie?” Heechan whimpered as he looked at his mother with clear distraught in his eyes. He began tearing up when he felt that the room was beginning to feel gloomy. Heechan didn’t like sad faces; he always liked people to smile.

 

Kyung looked at his son who was starting to cry and he immediately enclosed the boy in a tight hug to make him feel secured and not left alone. “Uncle Kwonnie’s fine, baby…” he whispered to the little boy’s ear and kissed the side of his head.

 

Yookwon didn’t wait for Minhyuk to agree with Kyung’s suggestion and weakly waved his hands to tell the other three in the room that he needs not to be taken to the infirmary. “I’ll be okay in a while. We still have to buy gifts for Yeollie’s baby…”

 

Jiho just rubbed the slowly growing stubble on his chin as he looked at Yookwon who was obviously not going to be fine in just a few minutes. It was obvious that his hyung was overworked and needed rest. “It’s okay Yookwon hyung, we could buy them for you. We’ll send you pictures or video call you when we’re already at the mall so you can do the choosing. But you need to go and get yourself a checkup and take a rest.”

 

After a few breathes, Yookwon felt his lungs were already working properly as he listened to Jiho’s proposition. He slowly opened his eyes and was glad that he could see clearly without the former blurriness and strong hue. He smiled at the three worried people in front of him as he sat straight, feeling proud that his senses and bodily functions were stable again. “I’m fine now, see?”

 

Yookwon let his respiratory system take in two deep breathes before he put his palms on his knees and bolted up to show that his fine and very normal. “I told you, I –”

 

“Kwon!”

 

Minhyuk was grateful that he was near his wife who suddenly collapsed when he stood up. He managed to catch his wife in the nick of time. He held Yookwon close to his chest and cradled him as they sat on the floor with an anxious Kyung left in the couch and a shocked Heechan in his arms. Jiho then carried Heechan in his arms and cajoled the child that his Uncle Yookwon just tripped.

 

“Kwon, honey, let’s get you to the hospital.” Minhyuk said as he lightly shook Yookwon in his arms. Minhyuk was getting all clammy when Yookwon didn’t stir up. Yookwon had fainted. “Hon… Hon!” Minhyuk called to the unconscious dark haired man in his arms as he lightly patted his cheeks in attempt to wake him. But Yookwon’s body remained limp and lifeless in his arms.

 

“Jiho! Call the ambulance!”