Past

Our Roller Coaster Ride

Un-edited.

Yeah.

-----------------------------------------

 

 

Minhyuk went out of the dance studio and left the trainees under Hoya’s care as he went his way to the company’s nearby pantry. He was greatly thankful for the substitute dance instructor’s presence to fill in his wife’s absence in handling the enthusiastic youngsters that he found quite a handful at times.

 

He treaded the polished wooden tiled floors when he felt a vibration in his pocket. Deeming that it was some useless message sent by a certain idiot named Ahn Jaehyo, Minhyuk decided to disregard the gadget and left it in his pocket. He continued to walk until he reached the end of the hall and turned to his left and made a beeline for the glass rack. He was mentally scolding himself for leaving his water bottle at home. It could’ve saved him time from getting himself to the pantry and should have been in the dance studio, teaching trainees and helping Hoya.

 

He was about to put the glass on the sink after quenching his thirst when his phone once again shook against his thigh. He decided to pull it out of his pocket with a sigh. He got messages from Zico and Kyung. He wondered what could be the problem.

 

It was Zico’s day-off and he was sure that the man was spending his sweet time with his family. Why would they text him? If they wanted help that has something to do with their line of work then they have definitely sent the message to the wrong person. Minhyuk was about to touch the screen to open Zico’s message when a call from the said man had beat him to it. It must be very urgent, then.

 

Putting the object against his ears, Minhyuk winced when an earsplitting nag passed his ears.

 

Yah! Why are you not replying to our messages, you prick!

 

“What the—” Minhyuk pulled his phone away to prevent his ear from getting damaged and glared momentarily at the screen as if it had grown a limb and decided to pierce his ear until it bled. The voice was so loud that he could still hear it even though the phone wasn’t on loud speaker. He waited until the voice stopped and cautiously placed the phone back to his ear. “Please don’t shout and calm down. You practically made me deaf for a moment there,” Minhyuk jested as he heard a sigh from the other line. “What got you worked up, Kyung? And why are you using Jiho’s phone?”

 

There was a moment of silence before Kyung spoke once more.

 

It’s bec— J-just please, take care of Yookwon hyung. You can’t let him wander out there when— Wait Ji—

 

Minhyuk felt the hesitance in Kyung’s statement, but he was beyond confused as to why would the pregnant man act like that and tell him things that were beyond his understanding. He presumed Zico got his phone back from his wife and spoke over the phone in Kyung’s stead.

 

Hyung? Still there?

 

Minhyuk nodded as if the younger man on the line saw him as he answered, “Yeah. What’s up with Kyung?”

 

Minhyuk had to wait for a few seconds and heard Zico stuttering on the phone. The dark haired was beginning to worry when it sank in his brain that Kyung had mentioned his spouse’s name. “Jiho, just tell what’s wrong. You guys are scaring me.”

 

Uh— Can I ask you something instead, hyung?

 

“Sure.”

 

Minhyuk was calming himself and thought that maybe the couple had popped some weird idea in their forever creative brains that made them over react and had to message and call him during work hours. Well, at least he hoped that it was something trivial and nothing serious at all; mostly hoping that it didn’t really involve his wife. But all the optimism he managed to gather were all shattered when Zico decided to voice out his query.

 

How’s Yookwon hyung’s amnesia, hyung?

 

Minhyuk immediately lost his bearings after hearing Zico. It was a topic that they’ve agreed to bury for it came with an incident that almost took the love his life away from him. He darted his eyes on the lighted wall across to where he stood and gulped the forming lump in his throat, his heart beating quite fast for his liking. “Wha– Why are you asking this now?”

 

I know we’ve agreed to not talk about this anymore but hyung… We met him this afternoon. Not Yookwon hyung but you know who.That’s why I’m asking.

 

Minhyuk felt his knees had given up on him when he found himself sitting on the cold floor. The sides of his eyes turned hot, his grip on his phone had tightened, his knuckles turning white as he felt rage seep out of his system, “How— How the could he even show his face to you? After everything that he did–”

 

Hyung. I need you to calm down and think this through. We decided to tell you and let you know as soon as possible and then we’ll help you deal with it. You, getting all agitated, unreasonable and irrational are the least I wanted to happen. Those are the least I need from you right now. Get a grip!

 

Minhyuk was beyond furious, he needed something to break, or so he thought. He breathed in deep through his nose and tightened his jaw as he let the words out between his teeth. “What am I supposed to do, Jiho-ah? I can’t lose Yookwon, not now,” he said as his voice became weak while letting the name of his treasured person roll out of his tongue.

 

Minhyuk felt hot tears started to pool in the rim of his eyes making everything around him a wet blur as he poured out his worries on the younger man on the phone, “I definitely can’t remain calm if his already back here in Seoul and out of the open as if he did nothing wrong. I– I can’t lose Kwon, Jiho. You know I can’t...”

 

I know hyung. That’s why we are going to help. What families are for, right? Now, tell me how Yookwon hyung’s condition is and we’ll start from there. We’re planning to tell the other guys as well for precaution. How’s that?”

 

Minhyuk breathed in deep once more and attempted to calm his hammering heart as he spoke, “He has recovered Jiho-ah. You know that he can already remember his past. But he— Yookwon still can’t remember who d—drugged him. He still doesn’t remember who left those scars on his back.”

 

Minhyuk shook as another wave of fury and disgust pooled in the pit of his gut. He remembered what happened years ago when a colleague of theirs in Brand New Stardom became interested with Yookwon. The man was twisted and wretched in his own ways despite his looks that could make anyone mistake him for an angel.

 

What the man did was unforgivable.

 

Almost five years ago, when Minhyuk and Yookwon were still in their third year of working as dance coaches in the same company and both were not yet married to each other, a new vocal coach was hired. The man became the talk of everyone in the building because he left very good impression in his first week for being polite, courteous and a gentleman. But who would’ve have thought that the so-called angel was actually warped?

 

The man took his interest into obsession. Yookwon suddenly went missing and was actually kidnapped.

 

It turned out that the new vocal coach was into . He went overboard and almost endangered Yookwon’s life. Lucky enough, the man hadn’t taken Yookwon. He only tortured the smaller man to hear his cries and agony caused by his harsh ministrations and would touch himself whenever Yookwon would groan in pain.

 

If Minhyuk did not follow the sick man, Yookwon could’ve been forever gone.

 

Yookwon was saved but his body was beyond broken. Minhyuk took care of the unconscious Yookwon, visiting the hospital daily to make sure his lover was alright. But the moment Yookwon opened his eyes, it was Minhyuk’s turn for a heartbreak.

 

The brown haired man lost his memories due to the excessive amount of a certain drug that coursed through his veins—an aphrodisiac. The drug caused damage to Yookwon’s brain but was fortunate enough to be not into a comatose state.

 

Minhyuk worked hard with the help of their friends and eventually persevered.

 

Yookwon was able to regain his memories after half a year and everybody was beyond happy when it happened. Minhyuk remembered how Sungyeol cried buckets of tears when Yookwon remembered everything. The choding was actually relieved that his best friend had finally remembered him. Yookwon remembered everything but the man who did him wrong and violated him remained forgotten.

 

The man actually left the company and Yookwon wasn’t aware of that. He went oblivious over the fact that there was a new colleague of theirs.

 

And the man was nowhere in Yookwon’s memories.

 

As if he did not exist.

 

That scared Minhyuk the most. What if the dark memory suddenly surged into Yookwon’s brain? What if he actually met the man outside but didn’t recognize him?

 

They had to act. Fast.

 

“Jiho-ah, we’ll talk about this on Saturday. Call the boys.”

 

Got it.

 

Minhyuk ended the call and sprinted on his way back to the studio. He found his strength back. He was determined. Nobody’s allowed to hurt his wife who’s carrying their unborn children. Minhyuk vowed to every existing God that he’ll protect Yookwon at all cost, even if his life’s on the line.

 

------------------------------------

Ooooh~

I updated sooner this time. LOL

By far, I hope you enjoyed this fic in general xD

Please leave a comment after the beep.

BEEEEEEP~