Not an Ordinary Day

Our Roller Coaster Ride

 

[A/N]  I'm lacking inspiration these days...

I'm tired, frustrated, upset and I just found out that I'm a lowblood.

A 90/60 blood pressure.

*Sigh*

Anyway, this chapter might be sappy or what... But like the usual, please, enjoy!

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Shelves, check.

Carpet, check.

Rags, check.

Laundry, check.

Plates, check.

 

Yookwon carefully assessed every house chore that he did for the day. It helped him to get over the boredom that had kicked into his system the moment he finished watching his One Piece collection over a bowl of Jajangmyeon and two packs of Patbingsu for lunch. He hummed to himself as he scanned his eyes across the living room and caught sight of the newly changed curtains that swayed as the warm August wind entered the white framed windows. Yookwon approached the window and the chiffon cloth as he took note of the orange skies. Noticing that it was the sign of an imminent dusk fall, Yookwon checked the time on the wall clock that hanged above the cushion. The clock showed that it was four in the afternoon and Minhyuk had promised him that he’ll be home not later than five.

 

One more hour.

 

Yookwon rather walked into the kitchen to prepare dinner than to let himself wait for his husband and do nothing. He opened the cupboards and cabinets to check if he has all the ingredients of the cuisine he has in mind. He went through their two-door fridge and took a pack of beef meat. He was planning to make a dubu jjigae to satiate his sudden craving for a hot stew and for something soft. He went back into searching the fridge to look for the main ingredient and found out that they were actually out of tofu.

 

Yookwon sighed as the fact that the most important ingredient wasn’t in the fridge; which meant he has to go to the convenience store and buy a pack of the white curd. But he paused. He remembered that Minhyuk had called him earlier that afternoon and prohibited him to go out alone and he didn’t even get the reason why.

 

Thinking that maybe his husband was being overprotective since they’re having twins, Yookwon shrugged and proceeded to get his keys and went out for the nearest convenience store. He was in the middle of tying his shoes when he thought that it could also be his afternoon walk and smiled at the idea.

 

Just as he was about to approach the door, the large block of wood opened quite too abruptly to his liking; his breath hitched and he felt his heart jump out of his chest due to the sudden movement. Yookwon held on to his growing stomach as he breathed in deep to calm his nerves. He didn’t expect his husband to have such grand entrance when he was just about to go out and was almost hit by the door in the face. “Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!”

 

Minhyuk remained rooted by the front door as he witnessed his wife shriek at him with wide eyes. He watched as Yookwon placed a hand on his stomach and breathed heavily to which he panicked, thinking that he may have harmed his children and wife unintentionally. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you!”

 

Minhyuk repeatedly apologized and checked if Yookwon was alright. After being assured by his spouse that he’s alright, Minhyuk noticed that Yookwon was wearing his Chuck Taylor. “Are you going somewhere?”

 

Yookwon approached his husband and gave Minhyuk his welcome home kiss on the lips. Yookwon then distanced himself and took a look at the dark haired man before him. He then thinned his lips and nodded. “Yup. I was planning to make dubu jjigae but we’re out of tofu.”

 

Minhyuk frowned at his wife and questioned the smaller man, “Haven’t I told you earlier this afternoon about not going out all by yourself?”

 

Yookwon scrunched his nose as he jutted his lower lip. “Why so?” he prodded and circled his arms around Minhyuk. “You worry too much,” Yookwon teased as he ran a finger on Minhyuk’s left cheek.

 

Unbeknownst to him, Mihyuk had been worried and scared less the whole time while at work. Yookwon didn’t know of the dangers that have been looming around the corner, which waited for him to come out for it to smite without him knowing.

 

Minhyuk returned the hug and enclosed Yookwon into a tighter embrace. “I just want you to be safe. Is it bad for me to want that?” Minhyuk breathed against Yookwon’s brown hair and gave his wife a kiss on the forehead.

 

Yookwon nuzzled onto his husband’s neck and gave Minhyuk’s jaw a kiss. “I know,” Yookwon said as he looked up at Minhyuk , “Say, how about let’s go together so that we’ll have dinner by seven since you’re actually home early?”

 

Minhyuk smiled at the proposition and unlatched the arms that clung around him. He held the other’s hand and kissed Yookwon’s palm before intertwining their fingers together. “Of course. I’d love to.”

 

--- oOo ---

 

“This is unfair.”

“I know sweetie.”

“I still have more than a week--- ah!”

 

Myungsoo swore to every living neuron in his body for being able to send signals to his brain in just a split second. The pain that coursed from his hair follicles to his gray matter was barely tolerable. He cursed as to why did the hair follicles have to be on the head and was very near to the brain. But despite the hurt that his currently in to, Myungsoo still tried his best to endure the pain that was caused by his wife's tight grip on his hair. It was nothing compared to what his wife was experiencing at the moment.

 

Kim Sungyeol was going into labor.

 

"Gosh, Myung! I don't think I can do this." Sungyeol confessed as tears ran down the side of his face and beads of sweat forming on his forhead. It was excruciatingly painful. He heaved deep breathes as he felt the hurt gettin more intense. It felt as if his bones were being ripped out of him and that he was about to be split in half.

 

Myungsoo watched in horror when his wife have started paling. Sungyeol was getting more pallid by the second and the baby was not even half way there yet. "Come on, Yeol. You can do this. You're strong, eo?"

 

Sungyeol groggily nodded. "Yookwon still owes me. He did not tell me about having twins himself--- aaaah!" Sungyeol screamed as he felt a massive movement in his birth canal. He guessed that maybe he's almost done. "Is my baby out?"

 

The attending doctor apologetically smiled as he shook his head. "Not yet, Sungyeol-ssi. But the baby's almost there. Just push as much as you can as soon as the contraction kicks in."

 

"Myungsoo," Sungyeol called at his husband who was very attentive. Myungsoo got closer to this wife only to hear what he's dreaded the most. "I'm off-limits after this baby comes out."

 

"Wha---"

 

"Don't even think about reasoni--- aaaaaah!" Sungyeol pushed as hard as he could but to no avail, the baby was still not out yet. Sungyeol catched his breathing and pulled his husband by the collar. "Forget it. Kiss me."

 

And Myungsoo agrees.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yup. I guess this is one of those random moments.

=_____="