Double the Happiness

Our Roller Coaster Ride

 

Ayo Chingyus!

So yeah... unedited chappie (again) larlarlar xD

Enzoie~~

-----------------------

 

Yookwon woke up to a brightly lit room, successfully blurring his eyes that he knew were closed for s long time. He slowly lifted his lids and would force them to open when they attempt to automatically close the moment a bright streak of light would hit them. Once after he regained his clear eyesight, Yookwon knew where he was. He wasn’t that naïve to not to know that he’s currently inside of a hospital’s private room.

 

 

In all honesty, Yookwon felt sore, beat and tired. It was as if every muscle in his being were used. No doubt he’s in the hospital. Fatigue must have done it again. He remembered collapsing inside Jiho’s office. But was it yesterday or the other day? Yookwon wasn’t sure himself for how long he was under the spell of drowse and sleep, and so he started looking for a certain person that he knew for sure was taking care of him.

 

 

Yookwon was about to lift the white blanket off of him when he realized his hand was under somebody’s weight. He was being held. Yookwon turned to look at where was the occurring weight and found a familiar bunch of black hair.

 

 

Yookwon smiled for he knew by heart that the man that was holding his hand was his husband. He lightly shook his hand to stir the other man awake. Soon, Minhyuk moved and slowly lifted his head that was previously hunched over Yookwon’s needle-free hand. He groggily checked his surroundings, sleep still present in his eyes before his vision settled on the hospital bed where his wife was sleeping. Yookwon was all smiles seeing his husband’s sleepy face and chuckled when the latter looked at him with unfocused eyes. Minhyuk almost leapt out of his seat when it dawned on him that Yookwon was already awake. He has been waiting for hours for his wife to come around.

 

 

“Hey,” Yookwon croaked. His mouth felt dry and his throat was hoarse. He must have been out long enough for his voice to end up like that. Still, his smile did not waver. Seeing his husband first thing in the morning was enough to make his day.

 

 

Minhyuk got up and sat beside Yookwon, grabbed his hand and kissed his fingers repeatedly. He then enclosed his wife in a tight embrace as if not ever wanting to let go. “God, Kwon. You scared me.”

 

 

Yookwon rested his chin on his husbands shoulder, closing his eyes as he enjoyed the warmth of his spouse. He took a deep breath, inhaling Minhyuk’s scent that had always relaxed his entirety. He then nuzzled his nose at the side of Minhyuk’s neck. “I’m sorry. I should’ve stopped pulling all-nighters,” he breathed.

 

 

“You should take care of yourself more, from now on.” Minhyuk admonished. He then felt Yookwon’s hair brushing on the side of his ear as he nodded.

 

 

The couple ended up cuddling. With Yookwon leaning onto Minhyuk’s chest while the latter leaned against the reclined bed. Minhyuk was running his thumb at the back of Yookwon’s palm with his trademark grin that has been donning his face since last night. Remembering the good news triggered the male’s singing prowess as he started to sing and hum to a tune that made his wife look up at him.

 

 

Minhyuk looked down and was greeted by Yookwon’s curious eyes. It didn’t stop the happy father-to-be though. He only continued act while Yookwon lifted an eyebrow. Yookwon was amused by how his husband happily looked, paired by the latter’s continuous humming of an utterly familiar song.

 

 

It was their wedding song.

 

 

“Are you actually happy that I’m in the hospital with a needle stuck in my vein?” Yookwon teased with a raised bow as he pointed at his other hand.’’

 

 

Minhyuk stopped his humming and turned at his wife, “Nope. I’m just glad I married you.”

 

 

Yookwon then found himself drowning in a kiss with his spouse, his cherry pink lips in sync with his husband’s. He then felt Minhyuk’s hand on his abdomen which made him flinch for a bit. He was unusually sensitive for a long time now. And he didn’t know why.

 

 

The couple broke the kiss as they both needed air. Minhyuk’s lips were just centimeters away from his wife as he mouthed the words that he has been wanting to say since last night.

 

 

“Thank you,” Minhyuk whispered as his lips ghosted over Yookwon’s. He then leaned closer for another kiss and let his other hand caress the latter’s stomach.

 

 

Yookwon felt his muscles relax with Minhyuk drawing small circles on his tummy. But he also wanted to cry, if only his husband was drawing circles on a baby bump and not on a flat tummy. Yookwon stopped himself from dwelling into the ‘sensitive’ matter. He could not afford to ruin the moment he’s having with his unusually greasy husband today.

 

 

 Yookwon placed a hand on Minhyuk’s cheek and gazed at his husband’s eyes lovingly as he smiled. Yookwon then placed a quick yet deep peck on his husband’s lips, “I don’t know what’s with you this morning but I want you to know… I’m also glad I married you.”

 

 

Unbeknownst to the couple on the hospital bed, two people have already managed to enter the private room unnoticed. And their current objective was to ruin any couple moment.

 

 

“Wow.”

 

 

“Looks like someone’s spending too much time with Zico and Kyung…”

 

 

In just a snap, Yookwon pushed his husband as a light tinge of pink resided on his cheeks when he heard the voices. Who wouldn’t be flustered when caught red handed during his mushy moments with his hubby? Minhyuk just chuckled at his wife’s sudden shyness and even teased the latter more by gently rubbing his thumb on the other’s chin before turning his attention to their morning guests.

 

 

“Well, good morning to you, too!” Minhyuk greeted with sarcasm coating his words, doing it on purpose.

 

 

Hoya and Dongwoo just gave a light laugh as they held their hands up, surrendering their selves into Minhyuk’s early dose of sarcastic attack as they walked closer to the high hospital bed. Minhyuk stood up and gave each of his friends a pat on the back.

 

 

“Why so early?” Minhyuk asked while crossing his arms against his chest. He already had it coming; their close friends would start visiting the moment they would hear that Yookwon has been hospitalized. But for the two present males choosing such time of the day, especially Dongwoo, Minhyuk couldn’t help but be puzzled. It was a common knowledge, how the Kenyan prince loved sleep and anything that was significant to it.

 

 

Dongwoo gave a cheeky smile at Minhyuk as he playfully wiggled his brow, “Surprised that I can wake up this early?”

 

 

“You got it, Bull’s eye!” Yookwon chirped behind Minhyuk while pointing a finger at Dongwoo, like a gun.

 

 

The four men in the room just shook their heads, amused by the light sarcasm in their conversation. Hoya and Dongwoo then grabbed a seat and eased themselves at Yookwon’s bedside while Minhyuk sat on the bed while his leg dangles.

 

 

“We really planned to visit as soon as possible. But it seems that we had to be this early.” Hoya started as he rested his elbows on his knees and hunched his back as he looked up at Minhyuk and Yookwon.

 

 

Dongwoo opted with crossing his legs with his right elbow on his right knee, his right palm accommodating the weight of his head. Dongwoo then drew a breath and started mumbling as he blinked his eyes repeatedly. “Yeol has been quite the nagger this morning… I wanted to sleep more but—”

 

 

“Sungyeol was bugging us to visit Yookwon on his behalf.” Hoya finished.

 

 

“And he demanded for you guys to be here, ASAP?” Minhyuk inquired and had unconsciously let an eyebrow rose, amused.

 

 

Dongwoo nodded as he yawned. He couldn’t stop the drowsiness that overcame him the moment he sat inside Hoya’s car. Dongwoo felt an arm around his shoulder and when he trailed to its owner, he found Hoya was already closer to his side.

 

 

Hoya gently pulled Dongwoo and let the older rest on his shoulder, “Sleep for a while, hyung. We’ll leave later.”

 

 

As Dongwoo dozed off to LaLa Land, Hoya glanced at Minhyuk and then to Yookwon. “You ‘kay, Kwon?” Hoya quietly asked.

 

 

Yookwon moistened his lip and breathed the air-conditioned air as he leaned back to his bed and answered Hoya’s query, “Yeah, it’s just fatigue, I hope.”

 

 

“What do you mean, ‘I hope’?”

 

 

“I haven’t met the doctor yet.”

 

 

Hoya nodded in understanding and mouthed an audible ‘ah’. “So you’re meeting doctor late—”

 

 

Hoya was abruptly cut by a knock on the door. The three wake persons turned their heads as the door slowly opened with a nurse’s head peeking in. Minhyuk recognized the lady peeking through the door. She was the same nurse at the emergency room last night.

 

 

“Excuse me, sir. Dr. Kang Misook is here.” The nurse informed.

 

 

A woman wearing her lab gown over her floral sundress came in with a stethoscope at hand. She brightened up and widely smiled, her young face blooming palpable bliss as he she looked at her patient, “Long time, no see. I hope you had a good sleep, Mrs. Lee.”

 

 

Hoya sat still, with Dongwoo still on his shoulder, and watched the exchange in glances between Minhyuk and Yookwon. There was an evident confusion pooling in Yookwon’s brown orbs as he looked at his husband who was only smiling despite the other’s bewilderment. Hoya could only ask himself, why was Yookwon looking pretty much lost when he heard his doctor’s name?

 

 

The beautiful lady in lab gown giggled as she gazed at Yookwon that was obviously at a loss. “Don’t worry, I don’t have needles with me. Right, Arin-ssi?” the doctor ensured as she turned to look at the nurse beside her.

 

 

Dr. Kang treaded the tiled floors with the nurse following her. She went to the other side f the bed and noticed that the couple had guests, well, with one snoring off. Taking full consideration to the sleeping guest, Dr. Kang started talking in a whispery voice. “You haven’t told him yet, have you?” she asked, aiming the question to Minhyuk as she started to check Yookwon’s pulse on his wrist.

 

 

Yookwon heard the doctor’s question to his husband and shot a look to the other. “Minnie, what’s with not telling me with something yet?”

 

 

Yookwon looked down on his lap. He was just plain scared, what if his OB-GYN doctor of almost one and a half year brought him news? News of him being not really able to bear a child? He was afraid. He wasn’t prepared for this. Yookwon wanted to break down and cry out all the pent up frustrations that dwelled deep inside of him. The sadness and longing of having a child was overwhelming that he started to blink rapidly to keep his tears from falling. Only if he could see how Minhyuk actually looked.

 

 

Minhyuk was grinning like there’s no tomorrow. It was as if he was trying to par with the well known Cheshire cat. Hoya saw this and ended up getting equally confused as Yookwon.

 

 

Yookwon lifted his gaze from his lap to Minhyuk and found the latter’s lips stretched up to his ears, a complete set of teeth shown. Yookwon was more lost when Minhyuk hugged him and whispered in his ears, “Don’t think about anything else and just listen to your doctor.”

 

 

Dr. Kang just smiled as she fished out a little print out from the pockets of her robe. Making sure not to show Yookwon anything in advance, Dr. Kang started off with refreshing Yookwon about what had happened to him and would then proceed as to why they occurred.

 

 

“Yookwon-ssi, I’ll be showing you this,” Dr. Kang said as she waved the piece of paper, only showing Yookwon its back. “After you answer my questions,” she continued.

 

 

Yookwon stared blankly at the object that was trapped between the fingers of the doctor and just let the doctor go on with her questioning. It was better to get things over with, Yookwon thought.

 

 

“Tell me how you were feeling the past weeks.”

 

 

“Tired, sore, hungry than usual and my pelvis kinda hurt sometimes. Somewhat cramped?” Yookwon conveyed as he slowly thought of the tiresome weeks.

 

 

The doctor nodded as she turned to the nurse to her side again. The nurse then started to jot down on her little notepad.

 

 

“How about dizziness, Yookwon-ssi? Nausea?”

 

 

Hoya’s eyes widened as he finally got the idea of the doctor’s questions. Hoya straightened up and gently shook Dongwoo out of his slumber for the other to hear the good news. Dongwoo slowly stirred up and his eyes fluttered open not too long after. Hoya then spoke softly against Dongwoo’s ear that made the latter speechless.

 

 

“Dizziness became frequent since the week before the last…” Yookwon trailed off as he caught a glimpse of the weird looks that his two friends were giving him. “What’s with you guys?”

 

 

“Ah! N-no, nothing. Go on.” Doongwoo said as he waved his hands frantically.

 

 

The doctor found Dongwoo’s flustered remark rather cute as she looked back at Yoookwon. The doctor cleared to get everybody’s attention, “Okay. Now, Yookwon-ssi, when was the last time you visited me?”

 

 

This time Minhyuk was the one who answered in Yookwon’s stead, the same question was asked at him the night before. “First week of February…”

 

 

The doctor nodded. “How long has it been already, Yookwon-ssi?” she asked turning back to Yookwon whose eyes somewhat showed various emotions. At last, Yookwon finally caught her scheme.

 

 

Yookwon slowly counted the months that had passed, “Fi—Five months…” Yookwon was becoming teary eyed as the doctor went closer to him and handed the small paper.

 

 

The doctor handed the piece of paper to Yookwon, smiling to her patient that also became her friend. “Congratulations, Kwonnie,” she cheered softly.

 

 

Yookwon wasn’t able to stop his tears and his hands were trembling. There in front of him was an ultrasound picture. “H-how? It was negative…”

 

 

“Home test kits aren’t a hundred percent accurate. Sometimes the show blurred lines and sometimes they show positive instead of negative, and then vice versa.” Dr. Kang explained.

 

 

Dr. Kang then placed a hand on her hip, “And if you’re wondering, we took you for an ultrasound while you’re asleep. Also, it’s normal for you about not yet showing while on the fifth month. Some people are just like that; probably you’ll start to show on your sixth month.”

 

 

“Oh yeah! More reason to have shower party!” Dongwoo shrieked in happiness. He and the gang were waiting for this moment to come. Now, it has finally happened!

 

 

Minhyuk hugged and kissed his wife, full on the lips, “That’s why I thanked you earlier.”

 

 

Yookwon then stared at the small picture more and he got curious despite him crying. He doesn’t have any idea what the white markings and other the writings at the edge of the picture meant. Yookwon looked up at his friend as he pointed at a particular white, bean-like structure on the paper. “Dr. Kang, is this the baby?” he asked in between sobs.

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“But why…” Yookwon said as he started to turn the picture clock-wise, trying to understand the picture in a different orientation. “I don’t get it; there are white parts here, too,”

 

 

Minhyuk also leaned in to get a closer look and looked up at the doctor as well who started explaining the contents of the small print out.

 

 

Dr. Kang started to point at the left and right side of the picture, “This part here is you’re lining…” She then moved her finger at the center of the picture and dramatically stopped, “I didn’t tell Minhyuk about this last night though, I wanted to tell you both.”

 

 

Yookwon and Minhyuk looked at each other and then to Dr. Kang. Hoya and Dongwoo who were sitting silently as they watched the whole ordeal before them, couldn’t help from anticipating the doctor’s words as well.

 

 

“You guys are going to have twins!” Dr. Kang beamed as she clasped her hands together.

 

 

The four men were flabbergasted. They wouldn’t deny the fact that they’ve fervently asked for a baby, not babies. This was too much happiness for them!

 

 

Yookwon rested his palms on his still non-existent bump. He felt his heart flutter as he thought of two innocent lives growing inside of him. “Minhyukkie… we’re having babies…” Yookwon said softly as he looked up at his already tearing husband.

 

 

“Yeah...” Minhyuk couldn’t say anything else. He could only kiss his wife’s head and embraced him tightly.

 

 

“Congratulations times two!” Hoya bellowed as he did a fist pump in the air.

 

 

“I can’t wait for you guys to tell the others!” Dongwoo said as he moved on his chair, flittering.

 

 

They wouldn’t miss it for the world. They would definitely tell the boys when Yookwon’s discharged out of the hospital.