So it Begins...

A Kiss Upon Satan's Lips

It doesn't matter who you are...

 

Byul situated herself on the outskirts of the rural town, her sharp eyes examining the bustling marketplace with meticulous focus. Her frivolous golden hair was tucked away neatly beneath her cloak, shielding her dark eyes from the vagabonds scurrying past her and her horsemen. "This is London?" Beside her, Ho Dong nodded quickly, his heart beating with a rapid enthusiasm. He uttered a meek cry of confirmation before tucking away the shriveled map into his coat pocket, tucking his hands back around the reign of the saddle encasing his small horse.

Of all, Byul was placed securely atop the largest, most glorious horse -- white and glimmering under the seething sun. "It's a lot warmer here than it is back home, isn't it?" Byul whispered tiredly; she shed the cloak from her body, revealing her elaborately designed gown tucked neatly into the necks of her boots. Her extravagantly decorated posse attracted much attention as she stampeeded carelessly through the bizarre, drawing neither fear nor disapproval from the surrounding people, but astounded awe and vivid attention.

She and her seven men rushed briefly through the jubilant streets, coming forth to a more meadowed area near the other end of where they had entered. "Such a bland city," Kai remarked distastefully. "Where is the Tower where the sword is said to be bequeathed?"
"Northwest," Byul returned curtly. "We should find an inn first, however, so we can ensure our lodging and safekeeping before travelling anymore." She turned to Ho Dong, then. "Are there any spots marked upon your map, Ho Dong-shii?"
"I can check it right away, my Lady. I shall find the grandest, most beautiful, and --"
"Just look and report to it to me as soon as you can. My men: let's look across the meadow to see if there's a creek for our horses to drink from. Maybe we can wash our faces as well; it's been a long two months."

"Yes, my Lady."

 

 

Lu Han bounced off his horse, grinning excitedly as his swept his dirtied hand through the locks of his disheveled head. "Doesn't it feel great to see civilization again, my good men!" he called brightly, patting the head of his magnificent chestnut-coloured horse. "We shall find an inn to lodge in for the night before commencing our next trek to the Tower of London. Get some rest and stuff ourselves with some good English biscuits, how does it sound?"

"Excuse me, sir."

A young woman appeared from behind Lu Han, her head barely poking out of her tight bonnet. "Excuse me," she repeated in her distinct dialect. Her foreign words passed through Lu Han's ears with great unfamiliarity, bringing a baffled expression to cross his handsome features. 
"I got this," Kris whispered.
"Ah, my dear scholar, please do assist me in translating," Lu Han agreed compliantly.
"How can I help you?" Kris inquired kindly, leaning down to properly meet the elder's eyes.

He held a small smile across his supple lips, waiting patiently for her to recover from her delayed shock. However, his back shot up with erect alarm as the next words escaped the old lady's lips: "Are you with the young mistress that just came by yesterday? You surely must be of her men; you look like you would be from the same country, dear sir."
"What makes you think that, really?" Kris shot back seriously. His dark eyes clouded profusely, and he momentarily shrugged off Lu Han's patient inquiries. "Who was here? What young mistress? Her appearance?" Kris reiterated.
"Definitely oriental, much like you," the merchant female retorted back calmly. "You're not of her people, then? Different country? She had luminous blonde hair, very beautiful; a set of onyx coloured eyes to match as well as a team of steed looking just like yours. I believe she is the new Queen of the Korean Province."

Kris' shoulders slumped. "Thank you, miss."

He turned his attention back to Lu Han and his collective vassals, eyes shadowed with a veil of fury; his jaws clenched, and soon, Kris was glaring at Lu Han with apologetic bitterness. "My Lord.. Lady Byul has already made her apperance.. she arrived late afternoon the day prior to our arrival."

 

 

"My Lady, my Lady!" Chanyeol stumbled back into the dining room of their bunker the next morning, huffing furiously. His light brown hair scattered across his matted forehead as he panted furiously, straining himself to fight for the oxygen he was lacking. "My Lady, they've arrived! They're here! They're staying at the inn just two miles down south, closer to the east wing of the bizarre we passed through two days previously! His Majesty Lu Han and his vassals have come! They're here for the sword, and must be venturing to the Tower soon!"

Byul looked up from her breakfast shortly, before turning her attention back to the manuscript she had laced between her bony fingers. "Did you know," she stated calmly, disregarding Chanyeol's panicky declaration, "that King Henry VIII is forcing his people to convert to Protestantism, just because he wants a divorce with Lady Catherine of Aragon?" She looked up, her eyes twinkling mischieviously as a tiny, ghost of a smirk lined her graciously red lips. "The English are quite interesting, aren't they?"
"My Lady!" Sehun cried. "Did you not hear, Chanyeol-hyung?! They're here; the rival clan! We must wage battle; declare our superiority and authority over them --"
"My young knight," Byul whispered tenderly, poking Sehun's reddening cheek. "The reason why you always lose the sparring matches to Kai is because of what you are doing now. Your tongue produces careless and mindless words, and your mouth allows them to be uttered; your brain doesn't scan through any battle plan, and your heart is frustrated with charging full-front without a level-headed mindset." Byul smiled affectionately before rubbing the younger's head. "We don't have to fight. They're simply lodging at the moment. We just wait for now. If, at the Tower of London, we see them, and they challenge me, a battle will be waged."

"But for the time being," Byul whispered surreptitiously. "Let us dine. We have a long trip ahead of us."

 

"So this is it."

Byul blinked at the anviled sword before turning around to view the gathering crowd forming around the large perimeter. She turned to Baekhyun, then. "Set up our men around the outskirts of the forest in case Lu Han has something up his sleeve. Take only Kai, Chanyeol, and Suho; I'll take Kyungsoo and Sehun for immediate back-up."
The latter party bowed his head respectively, steering his horse shortly after tapping Kai and Chanyeol, ordering them to follow. They promptly disappeared behind the mass of heads and gawking onlookers, leaving Sehun and Kyungsoo to Byul's possession. "Scan the crowds," she murmured to them secretively. "If you see them, notify me. Anything can happen here. This is a tournament, so don't forget that; if there's a jousting segment included, I want Kyungsoo to be the first to participate. Kai, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun are installed around the outskirts of the area, so if there's anything, they'll take care of it beforehand. If anything, Sehun, I want you to be the most careful in looking out for Lu Han and his men. You've got sharp eyes, and you know what he looks like. Use your knowledge and abilities to good use. Am I understandable."

The two men nodded briefly, steadying their horses. "Yes, my Lady."

 

Lu Han pulled up to the massive crowd, pushing his way through with his unfair advantage -- his steed. He pulled his five men along with him harshly, moving to the front; his eyes were like hawks, carefully examining the faces of the crowd, but unfortunately to no avail. Many have shown up to day -- it could as well be in the number of hundreds or close to the thousands. Men and women alike were on horses; some were on mules; there were children, teenagers, men, women, and the elderly.

Lu Han sighed almost dejectedly. Turning to Lay, he whispered, "Take Chen with you to circle around the perimeters. See if you can find the Queen. If you are fortunate enough to locate her, remain cautious and come back to me immediately to speak of her location."
"Yes, my Lord.. and the rest?"
"I will keep Tao and Kris with me. I'll send Xiumin to surround the outskirts for any possible attacks we can launch, if there is to be battle."
"Yes, my Lord."

Lay and Chen moved hastily, bringing Xiumin to the outer regions of the forest with them. The festive air deafened Lu Han, bringing an unfamiliar scowl to his lips as his hawk-like eyes were still unable to locate the tall blonde amongst the crowd. "It just so happens the many of the English are blonde, huh?" he muttered contemptuously. He was about to get off his horse, to manually weave through the crowd, when he felt his shoulder blades being adjusted by a familiar hand. "My Lord," Tao whispered worriedly. His eyes wandered off into a ubiquitous direction, with Lu Han's following his line of sight with slight difficulty. "Approximately fourteen meters to the southwest wing of the tournament crowd; short blonde, on the white horse. It's Her Majesty Byul, of the Korean Province, my Lord."

Lu Han held his gaze tautly, unable to clearly see her face. However, there was a defined spot of blonde hair bouncing as the figure mvoed relentlessly upon her horse. The only thing left was her face to be unveiled to his line of sight. "Thank you," Lu Han breathed with fatigued exhaustion. "Tell Lay and Chen to assist Xiumin around the outskirts. Set up a plan while doing so; we just might have to attack if she launches at us."

"Yes, my Lord."

 

"And welcome, noblemen and gentlewomen, to the first annual event of the Holy Sword!"

So it begins.

 

...You'll be dying by my hands, anyways.