Epilogue

A Kiss Upon Satan's Lips

"The vagabond was never to be seen again, in the end, and the young prince had never manaed to escape the sufferings of his asphyxiating realm, for the young prince eventually fell sick and bedridden; his once-powerful body fell wimpish and submissive to the respiratory infection that snuck up on him from behind, and bringing him down into disastrous fatality almost instantaneously. And he therefore, passed limply -crumpled by woe and defeated by mise- unable to find the precious stone, once thrown by the mystic vagabond that had given him ill-fated hope."

 

 

Byul hummed slightly at her newly written ending, after having revised the inital happy ending she had planned. A sigh was heaved and Tao watched quietly from the doorway, with a small frame standing just tall enough to reach his knees. "My Lady, it's time."

She turned to face him slightly, glancing at the pair with a bright smile. "Ah, Shixun, Tao!"

Byul chuckled lowly as her toddler son moved to her, his stubby legs traveling as fast as they could to encase his fat arms around his mother's waist. Her white gown hindered in his way, resulting in Byul having to lift him; her long gait led her across the bedroom quickly, over to Tao, who kept his place at the doorway. He stopped her momentarily, his gleaming suit twinkling beneath the grand chandeliers. "His Majesty.. would be proud of you for doing this," he whispered reassuringly.

"It doesn't matter whether he's upset or not about us getting married to preserve the family line," Byul responded confidently. "In the end, we'll all be able to meet Luhan in the afterlife, so let's just take care of what needs to be taken care of now, alright?"

Tao returned Byul's soft smile, his hand rubbing the small of her back affectionately before her took little Shixun into his arms. "I'll take him down to the reception hall first," he whispered, warm breath and all fluttering past Byul's ear and down the stairwell of her spine. "Just.. get yourself gussied up and try to meet us back down there in ten, alright?"

Byul nodded, leaning against the doorframe, her eyes following her son and husband-to-be down the hall before she slipped back into the confines of her grand bedroom.

Her legs immeidately let her to the bedside table, where there hang Luhan's painted portrait, just above the headboard of the table. She simpered a soft chortle, figuring she was going to have to replace that soon. "Don't hate me," she whispered to him, crossing her arms. "You know I'm marrying him to preserve the family line, don't you?" Her teary gaze was pulled away towards the door, where there was the soft knocking of Yixing, reminding her that she had little time left to make her entrance.

"I'll be back," Byul promised to the unmoving figure. "And the next we shall meet again, my beloved, will be amongst the heavenly stars of the divinely saints."

 

She smiled brightly, and her fingers grazed just past her lips. She could faintly remember the heated warmth of Luhan's lips entrapping hers, pulling her into a lustful, passionate kiss that could bee deemed almost as sinful as a kiss upon Satan's lips. 

 

I will love you forevermore, Luhan.

 

And making her way to her newly decorated throne, Byul could swear she could faintly hear Luhan's chuckle in the distance, almost mirthful and taunting.

"And you know I will love you, Byul, forevermore.. alongside with our Shixun and Tao, will I forever love you all. God Bless, and may prosperity reach you all."

 

Fin.