Trap.

A Kiss Upon Satan's Lips

He doesn't notice. Lu Han doesn't notice the lack of Byul's appearance until he finally reaches the front gates of the tower. His gaze shifts erratically and his pulse accelerates with a mixture of anguish and panic; his veins burst with rushing blood and his stomach is brewing with overhwelming frenzy. "Byul." The name rolls of his tongue dryly and his eyes are still shifting over and across the mass of shrieking civilians fleeing the blood-stained ballroom. His lips part to utter her name once more when an echoing screech bounces off the walls and resonates amidst the thick air. Lu Han's blood runs cold and soon his heart detaches from his chest and fall into the abyss of his stomach.

His body feel as if there is acid lingering upon his flesh, burning and stinging; tears cloud his vision and as the familiar cries of his name continue to echo, his feet move instinctively into the direction of the massacre cite; he returns to find nothing but walls of crimson and tiles floors drowning with red. His head twists and turns and he relies on his ears and feet to lead his long gait to wherever the source of the screaming is from. It's her; it's Byul; it's his lover -- he knows, and he must save her. Lu Han settles with crying out to her, hoping she would respond. After a few more hoarse cries, Lu Han stumbles up a flight of stairs, pushing anything out of his way and kicking doors open. "Byul!"

"Byul!" His voice cracks and he in a cold breath, hissing as he exhales sharp outakes of chilled air. "BYUL!"

He slumps against a pillar standing at the side of the corridor, leaning his back up against it as he attempts to recompose himself. His reddened ears perk up and soon he hears his much awaited response. Doors are slammed open and he hears the pattering of delicate feet fleeing a beast's chase. Lu Han erects his back and narrows his eyes at the sound of two breaths nearing the corner; his eyebrows fall into a creased scorn as he sees Byul rounding the same corner with her frenzied secretary right on her tail. "Byul!" Lu Han calls, readying his stance into one that was more defensive.

Byul collides into him in a panicked state, quickly rushing to shield herself with Lu Han's substantially fitter frame. Ho Dong skids to a halt and the dagger in his hand is quivering in unison with his shaking fingers; the shorter, stumpier male is trembling with trepidation and his eyes hold nothing but fiery dismay and betrayal. "Give her to me," Ho Dong growls. "Those who commit treason must be punished by death!"
"Do not speak to a monarch that way," Lu Han scolds lowly, a grimacing snarl hiding in the back of his throat. His knuckles curl into itching fists and his feet are ready to lunge when Byul's breath hitche against his neck. He feels her skin run cold and he's almost scared to look.

"Byul --"

"Lu Han, hel --"

She's pulled away from him in an instant. He feels her faint kicks and hears her muffles cries. Turning for just a second, Lu Han immediatley turns back to face Ho Dong, snatching his arm before the knife could plunge into his chest. "Stop," Lu Han orders stiffly; from the corner of the king's eyes, the young blonde can see Byul being whisked away by Chanyeol, who was seemingly calm. Lu Han calls out to the latter, only to receive a nonchalant wave in return. "Chanyeol!" Lu Han grunts.

Ho Dong persists in fighting, yanking himself out of Lu Han's grasp and digging his knee into Lu Han's side.  A cry emits from the latter and the former grins with a sickening mischief. "I can just get rid of you first," Ho Dong whispers. "No one should ever dare cross our line; this is our territory and a foreigner like you has no right to intrude!"
Lu Han swerves to the side just in time to dodge the incoming stab. He grunts, standing to his feet before kicking Ho Dong down aggressively, saddling him and pinning him down onto the asphalt grounds with his hands encased around the fatter man's wrists. "Don't touch me with those filthy hands of yours," Lu Han scowls, nearly spitting into Ho Dong's face. He sniffles in spite of Ho Dong and seethes through his gritted teeth before bouncing back up and bounding towards the direction Chanyeol headed.

 

 

 

Chanyeol struggled against Byul's protests and finally gave in, moving to set her feet upon the ground. He bites back a cry as her swift hand swipes his cheek in a hard smack, the sound of skin against skin ringing loudly like a snap. She flings her wrist one more time against his arm and pushes him off of her once she's situated on the ground. "Who do you think you are, taking me so nonchalantly like that?!" she hisses. Byul blows a strand of hair out of her eye and frowns dismally. "What, are you trying to kill me too, Chanyeol? Just like Kai and Sehun, will you attempt to rid of my existence as well?"

"It is not like that, my Lady." Chanyeol bows his head and rests himself upon his knees, lifting his gaze to peer up at his superior through his long eyelashes. "I wish to assist you, as that is a part of my oath as your vassal."
Byul softens her gaze but her stance is still defensive; she readies herself to parry any attack that could commence and stiffens her legs. "Liar."
He shakes his brown head and chuckles bitterly. "We lost Kai and Sehun, both amazing vassals indeed.. but we lost them because they defied the Queen. That is a sin, and they were therefore punished."

Chanyeol continued before Byul could wittily retort. "And even though you have betrayed us," he remarked wistfully, "you still rightfully hold divine right over our kingdom and therefore must not be defied. I wish to help you."
"You better start acting like it then," Byul replied shortly, momentarily forgetting that Chanyeol himself had previously accused her of being a dirty traitor, "before Lu Han perceives it the wrong way and chooses to persecute you."
Chanyeol nodded. "I have Baekhyun and Suho stationed at the front gates ready to you."

It was a trap.

They were planning to murder her in the depths of the woods instead.

But Byul didn't need to know.

"Lead me there, then." Byul nodded with a hint of gratitude, and in return, Chanyeol grinned.

"Yes, my Lady."