Spend the Night..

A Kiss Upon Satan's Lips

Byul and Lu Han sought to stare each other down, a moment of leaking lustrous desires that exited their pores in heated frenzies, tearing about at the chilly winds that slapped against the exposure of their skin. The pallor had resided into a pinkish hue upon Lu Han's cheeks; his eyes flickered back and forth from Byul to Kai, who had erected his position behind Byul as they shared the same mount. For a second, Byul caught a miniscule glimpse of envy, which had by then turned into distraught, and then anger. "I've come for Your Majesty," Lu Han denounced provacatively, his lips curling into a sinister smirk.

Kai instinctively wrapped his hands around the reign of the horse, his arms blockading Byul's petite frame from Lu Han's scouring gaze. The latter glared intimately at Byul out of betrayal before shifting to Kai, in which the betrayal morphed into hatred. "Give her to me."
"She does not belong to you," Kai growled, gritting his teeth menacingly. 
Kyungsoo quietly nodded as Sehun galloped briefly to the front line, shielding both Kai and Byul with his armoured body. "As a trusted knight of the Round Table, I, Oh Sehun take you, Lu Han, under arrest. For trespassing, vandalism, and posing as a threat to our beloved Lady, I must try you for all three offenses and take you into our court."

Lu Han tore his wrist away from Sehun, his glare softening upon Byul. His eyes pleaded her, and she felt her heart beat rapidly against her ribcage, thrashing against the threshold of her bones till her torso ached from the wistful yearning. She shifted her gaze downwards, her silvery blonde hair casting over her shadowy eyes. "Let me go to him," she whispered, only loud enough to Kai to hear. "Let me denounce him myself."
Kai backed off immediately, loosening his grip around Byul and his reigns, watching her gravely as she dismounted her figure from Kai's horse. Sehun looked back with incredulous disbelief, his eyes widening upon the Lady making route to Lu Han's side.

Her head shifted up, angling up to look up at him directly in the eye. "I, Lady Byul of the Korean province," she whispered tenderly, "take you, Lu Han of the China lands, into custody for trespassing --"
"Byul, don't --"
"-- vandalism, and posing as a threat to the sacred monarchy of our kingdom. Please dismount your steed and proceed to Oh Sehun." Byul's irises flickered as a gleam made its way into her pupils, her features tightening as she watched Lu Han close the distance between them. He stood over her, towering over her stoic frame; the moment lasted what seemed like hours, but it was always like that when the two monarchs established eye contact -- time slowed down, and it was just the two of them.

Lu Han casted Byul a hurt glare, his lips tugging at the corner, downwards into a disappointed frown. However, Byul's eyes held a hopeful twinkle, a message for Lu Han, a message only for him to decipher, and a message only he could be able to decipher. Have faith in me, she was pleading him. Lu Han nodded surreptitiously, casting Byul one last glance before turning himself over to Sehun, wrists outstretched for the younger to clamp restrictions upon.

 I will wait for you.

 


 

"My Lady, we have to be able to trust you. We can't do that if you're keeping secrets from us --"
"God damn it, Byun Baekhyun, who said I was keeping secrets?" Byul muttered in exasperation. She took a handful of her hair before tugging on it roughly, giving it a furious tossle, and letting it fall over her eyes in wild, bewildeirng wisps of yellow. Baekhyun lowered her gaze upon meeting her glare, clearing his throat apologetically before returning to his scribe work. "I'm not hiding anything from you men. You all should know that better by now," Byul told them, mustering the most convincing expression she could. Her words were dripped with sincerity and echoed earnesty.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. Lu Han won't be able to plunder through our village anymore, and all you have to do is feed him and make sure the restrictions on his holding cell is inescapable," Byul ordered softly, glancing through each and every one of her knights. She leaned back in her chair, watching them hesitantly resume their scribe work. "Make sure you finish your paperwork in time. The monasteries in England want copies of our doctrine in time for their sitting with Parliament."

"Ye."

Byul shared a brief look with Kai, before he looked away; Byul failed to miss the scornful look of apprehension that crossed his features. "Is there a problem, Kim Jongin?" Byul demanded through gritted teeth; she watched the vassal tense before setting down his book and feathered quill. Slowly, her subject turned to stare at her directly, a clarified defiance waltzing into his dark orbs of black. "No," he shortly returned, "no problem at all, my Lady."
Byul clenched her jaw, her fists following suit at the hard tone of his voice. "Then don't act as if you do have one."

 

"Your affair with him will be discovered, my Lady." Ho Dong paced the barren throne room in his leather sandals, his hands tucked neatly behind his back and clasped together as an anxious sweat broke out through his nervous pores. His eyebrows creased together, watching the absent Byul watch him pace back and forth tediously. She didn't reply, and this prompted her eldery secretary to continue his foreboding lecture. "Lu Han is a part of the family that is known to be your father's most hated clan. How could you involve yourself in intimate relations with a man like him? You had a fantastic line-up of royals who were dying to marry you. The Duke of Buckingham was a great choice -- handsome, wealthy, and charismatic! If not, then there was King Charlest the First! There was all the Holy Roman Emperor Charles the Fifth! If you didn't want those, there was Prince William of Orange, King Louis XIII --"
"Silence yourself before I do," Byul grimaced. She snapped her head towards him immediately, engaging herself in a heated staring contest with her most trusted subject. He glared defiantly back at her, unafraid of the consequences that would never come.

"When you married that cheating widowed wench, did I ever say anything? Despite the preceding warnings I gave you, I gave up after your wedding vows. Once they were exchanged, I backed off; and why? Because I took your happiness to heart and made it my own -- I cared for you, just as your are caring for me. My father resented that woman as well, for she was one of the Tudors' girls, but did you see him complain? No, of course not. You were his most favorite nobleman, and how could he let his best friend go?
Ho Dong-shii, with all due respect, if I can do that for you, you should be able to do it for me; because I'm sure my father hated the Tudors more than he hated the Lu's. What did the Lu's do to us, besides whole-heartedly defeat us in battle? Nothing. However, the Tudors cheated us of our money, of our title, and of our status.. all because that woman married you. My father, however, still didn't banish you, even when he should've," Byul spat. She took a long breath before concluding with a harsh retort, "You may be my advisor, but you yourself are not in any position to speak."

"I apologize.. my Lady."

Guilt rid his scorn and implemented itself onto his shoulders, slumping them profusely with heavy burden.

Byul frowned, rising from her chair without any more desire to further the conversation. "I'm going to go see Lu Han."

 

Instead of entering the dungeons on the very bottom grounds of the castle, Byul instead made her way up to the near top floor of the castle, close to the floor where her bedroom was situated. Entering the quaint barrenness of the quarters, she shrug off her shawl and hung it upon the coatrack beside the door. She leaned on the doorframe then, silently crossing her arms as she examined the slumbering figure slumped over the tiny bed. She looked around.

There was moss clinging onto the asphalt walls, the smell resonating throughout the room in a musky, murky aroma; the floors were ridden with small ants crawling to and fro in between cracks. She looked back up, finding her secret beloved stir at the sigh that had recently dropped from her red lips. He lifted his head slowly, rubbing his eye before giving his hair a tossle. He grunted, as if thinking it were just another one of her men to deliver his food, but instead, when he found it to be Byul herself, his features lifted.

A small, relieved smile crawled onto his lips and his eyes were soon radiating with beaming light. It would be the first time she's visited him since his first night, which seemed to be about two weeks ago. She locked the door inconspicuously, stridin over to the foot of the bed before straightening out the blankets that had been shoved carelessly to the side. "You're here." Hearing it for after so long, Byul felt herself melting all over again, but the effect seemed to be greater with each longer day she missed his presence. 
"I am," she returned gingerly. She smiled up at him, before crawling over.

"But your knights, aren't they --"

"Hunting for our feast tonight.. I have another courtier coming in to offer me his hand in marriage, so it'll be a big feast. They won't return till late evening," Byul whispered tenderly, running her finger across the skin encasin his frail hand. She heaved a dark sigh, her vision blurring with the tears that prickled at the corners of her eyes. "I'm sorry," she whispered, "I --"
Lu Han pinned her down suddenly, hungrily attacking her lips as his hands wandered the perimeters of her waist and thighs. He placed himself atop her, situating himself in between her slightly parted legs; he didn't waste time slipping his tongue in. Expertly, his left hand reached up to caress her cheek before crawling to the back of her head, giving it a tug so she was angled for a deeper kiss. He pulled away several times to regain a suitable amount of air, before latching them back to either her lips or her neck.

"Don't be sorry," he finally spoke, whispering the warm breaths of air onto her collarbone. He dipped his tongue into the small junction separating her clavicle, smirking nostalgically at the warm hiss Byul drew in. "You have nothing to be sorry for," he finally concluded, giving her a chaste kiss upon the lips. He pulled her impossibly closer, grunting as he felt her hands crawl to his abdomen. 
"They're planning to seriously try you," Byul whispered gravely, "you ransacked our towns horridly."
"That was not my doing, but my men's --"
"Whom are a part of you," Byul interrupted scoldingly.

Lu Han simply shrugged, giving a nonchalant smirk before kissing her again. "So what of it?"

"It might not be this way wherever you come from, but I hope you know that vandalism alone is punishable by death, Lu Han!" Byul muttered furiously.
"Then let them behead me," Lu Han growled impatiently, towering over her lain figure. He got on all fours, pinning her limbs and restricting her of struggle. "Because even if I am sentenced to death, it wil not be today. We still have this night, my love," he whispered, leaning down to repeatedly kiss her cheek and nose. His lips soon found their way to her ear lobe, occassionally nipping and at the sensitive skin encasing the muscles of her body.

"As long as I can have just this one night," Lu Han whispered warmly, nuzzling his nose into the crook of her neck, "then I will be content dying tomorrow."

"How can you say that?" Byul breathed incredulously. "How can you die so easily? Without no fight, even?"

The king grinned lazily, lifting the fabric of her tunic up to expose her milky skin. He kissed her softly, molding his lips against hers as he breathed in her sweet scent. His hand dipped under her shirt, caressing her bare stomach, before he pulled away slowly, his lips glimmering with a smug smile. "Because I know that the next we shall meet again, my beloved, will be amongst the heavenly stars of the divine saints."
"Lu --"
"Knowing that alone, my Queen, is enough to provide me solace for the next millenium... so please," Lu Han breathed, cradling her affectionately, "provide me with another millenium of comfort and consolation -- and just spend the night with me."