Chapter Seventeen: Heaven It Is

Small Bump

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

The restaurant is cozy. I like this place.

There are still men and women outside walking down the avenue. Busy city indeed. Seems like they came from work. I wish I could have one too as soon as possible.

The thing clinging on the door rings and a couple enters arm in arm smiling to each other. Is there anymore worse more making me jealous? I sigh.

I curl my lips up as a gorgeous mid-aged woman follows behind them. "Ajumma!" 

"My dear Sooyoung." she rushes herself to our table, passing at the night customers startled by us- and, also to mention the couple recently without noticing.

Oh , how I miss her!

"Miss Pretty is here" I raise my hand to meet her and we hug each other longly.

It's been almost five years already that no one has to take care of me already. I'm all grown up here! ...Except for the fact that I got pregnant in an early age.

"Uh my child... wow! How much weight did you loose?" she breaks the hug as she squeezes me. U-oh! The Promise.

"Look at you, young child you must eat more and more!" she scolds. Me frightened isn't the thing right now because I've missed the times whenever I get into trouble and end up in times like this.

"Waiter" she calls out.

She lets me sit down and rushes an order.

"You, young lady must eat alot"

"Ajumma, can we just talk peacefully right now? I haven't seen you for long years.." I reply exasperately. Well, it is true.

"Right now I felt that I had left the household for no good at all. I gave all the best attention to take care of you so that you'll grown up a respected beautiful woman but-"\

"Ajumma, ani! It's just... that, grown ups tend to be confused being independent or dependent. That's what I'll talk to you about."

"Then, what is it? I know. You messed up and got away from home isn't that right? From whom is the baby?

. Is my body way to obvious?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My head seems to be crumpled. I don't where to start and reflect the crazy unexpected things that had passed.

Then, Dad enters in without my notice. "Son, we have news. Good news is that it has been confirmed. She is in Japan right now. The bad news is, it's hard to find her there." he shrugs disappointedly and pops back from where he is, work double time.

"Japan... Why'd she stayed there when it's Singapore she loves more?" and I know the newcomer Chanyeol is thinking some assumptions.

"Japan for a purpose. She really is a Vintage lover..." I smile through the dark clouds of my mind.

I catch up to see Chanyeol looking at me with wary in his eyes. "Glad that you know." he mumbles and I, smile back again.

"Ofcourse, the rate of having a purpose to go such place will be much higher" 

"Duh, we don't even know what it is." and he goes back to the derp-chanyeol-personality. But his soft side is evident as he pats my back gently for comfort.

I message all the guys of the news and asked for any clues.

Then from the expected buzz, I thought someone replied. I look again at my phone's screen at it shows an unknown number. 

From: ****-***-****

4:39

"Hello Kris :-)"

 

What the heck?! Who would want somebody to text you like this. 

I sat beside Chanyeol and showed him my phone. "Yah, you know to whom this number is?" I ask. 

"Uhh- nope." and he goes back to read newspaper again. He'll be a dedicated worker to whatever job he'll get.

And if that's in my case, I would do my best just to give the world to my family.

To: ****-***-****

4:46

"Who's this? I believe I didn't give my number to anyone."

In dismay, no reply came back after long long minutes. 

Still stuck in Dad's workplace, the boys arrives.

"How's it going?" Kyungsoo asks as the others take their sits on the couch

"At least we found her amongst billions of people, that is." I smile sadly. I miss her and all I want is to be with her. Why'd she leave me when she knows she still loves me?

"Hey..." Luhan brings me back to reality. "Did you ever thought how your life has been?" he asks calmly throught the hard time.

"Nope. I'm still the hell Kris."

"No you are not. I am very glad Sooyoung came to your life because.... if that hadn't happened, I won't be able to meet Yoona kek" he adds a joke. I was expecting an essential reason.

Silence goes in and I look at him beside me. Yeah, I can notice how Luhan is being more disciplined. He is usually the typical teenager. He's on his dreamy thoughts once again. I push him with the use of my sharp elbow abit hard. 

"Ouch! You basta-"

"Because?... Hmm?..." I ask to continue our discussion.

"Because you've got abstracted by the reality. You're more focused on your future..." his voice intently is fair with the situation.

"and boy... you- it's the first time I've ever seen another life of your smile. You seem more controlled, smiley and most of all, hurt. That's normal Kris. Especially to the persons we love" he says proudly afterwards.

"Then what? How can I tell her that I love her when these troubles come on and on? Still, I'm in hel-"

and before I could say the word again he cuts me furiously "No you are not! Let me ask you, would Sooyoung think of you that way after the way she showed you she loves you?" he says desperately.

"Ofcourse not." I replied spacing out with breeze coming inside of me. 

Oh right. Being with Sooyoung is heaven. That's the greatest thing about her. She would never be halt for being so.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

I told Ajumma not to reply him. She is all-curious you say. I can't share much more because I know she'll do something with it and if not, she will get mad. 

If she knows the situation back there in Korea, she will regret more for not taking care of me well.

I just can't progress well anything the past days, weeks and months. My relationship with Kris hasn't reached up for a year yet unlikely things happen fast.

I need some time alone and to think of.

"Okay okay fine. Maybe tomorrow you should text him back. That's final." I giggle at Ajumma with her head on the table and arms spreaded all over it like a child. She will never get old even though she's 57 years old or as she grows older.

"How is it here?" I gesture my hands up at the place surrounding me.

Ajumma glances up and smiles "It never bores as long as you are growing old with someone you really love. Your lifeline to be exact..." I gasp.

Oh gosh! What did that Japanese elder do that made Ajumma like this? Maybe this proves the power of love. Let me chance the subject because I can't cry here. It won't help.

"Ajumma, could you lift me a job, at least just around here maybe?" she smiles and nods.

"I'll give you one. I could bring you there and I hope you'll like it. It seems that that job suits you well."

I thought about it whatever it is. At least I've spent my time worth.

"You know hon, every person deserves to have one that will cherish and love him or her. From what I've seen, you do love that guy. I mean, everybody knows that right? I know both of you are in the complicated situation right now but that just makes you even stronger. Your love for each other builds up. That is, for the betterment especially to the baby." she ended her long heartwarming speech.

She reach and grips my hand softly and walks away. I'm glad she knows what I feel right now. I needed more time, and that's what she's doing right now.

She doesn't dismiss subjects, does she? She really is the best Nanny one could ever have!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Realizing it momently, slowly all over again, Sooyoung has been a and will forever be a big part in my life.

This is better to be soon that the later. I knock on to the Choi's residence.

"Oh hon, it's you. Come in" Mrs. Choi greets wearily. I can't bare to watch the people hurt just because of what happened to me. 

"Good evening mam, sir." and I settle to one comfy chair. "Siwon" lastly, giving all my respect.

I feel the sorrow atmosphere within the household. Mrs. Choi has her elbows on the table whilst her palms holding her hanging head."We trust her... it's the place we are scared of." 

"Thank you for everything you had done, especially to your Dad. He is really my friend." she smiles inspite the sadness in her.

"It's nothing. I would be more happy to find her there than just tracking her." I feel the gaze of Sooyoung's brother in me despite he is seated four seats apart my right side.

"Oh son, please do bring her back" Mr. Choi raises his head pleading. I close my eyes feeling all the emptiness in me. If really I could go to her.

"Can I say something?" I speak. All of them once turn to me expectantly in their pale faces.

"I'll try, and try and try to find her. Not just to be with her but also to cherish and love her in my side endless. Even when we turn on our gray hairs, even in heaven, I will still love her." and here I go.

The unspoken phrases and finally, a direct confirmation. Not to my friends, but to The Family.

The Choi's gapes, wordless.

"My life without Summer would be very very devastated. I know, I know the past things were my fault. I regret and regret it. All I want to assure you is that I'll bring her back. I want to apologize for getting your daughter into trouble because of me.... I came to ask you another thing, permission to marry your daughter, Choi Sooyoung."

I stop breathless. I've said it!

"How long will we trust your words? Good luck" Siwon stands up and walks out. I can't feel any inferior to his actions right now. Actually, I hint a warm smile on his mouth.

"We know she loves you too, son" Mrs. Choi caught my hand and squeezes it. In the other hand, Mr. Choi stands up and lends a hand. I took it and surprisingly, he grabs me for a side-hug. "Let's see"

 

-buzz~~~

From: ****-***-****

6:49

"This is Kris right? Why won't you reply?"

I peek at my screen to recieve another text from the stranger again. Despite the light rays of the morning, I try to stand up and respond back.

To: ****-***-****

6:51

"Why would I reply when it's a stranger?"

Just countable seconds pass by and my phone pings again.

From: ****-***-****

6:52

"So it is you! Oh yeah, because someone I know is deeply inlove with you"

 

 

 

 

 

 

silver-divider.gif

A month had passed and I know I got late to update.

Life's been busy and will be more busy in the future.

OWGAWD I wish I could write more and better. Sorry for any mistakes :-}

 

PS I know Sooyoung is so stupid here KEKKE

 

xoxo,

rina