C-6

Back To Stranger

Jessica’s POV

I open my eyes and check my phone. It has been beeping and vibrating for the last 30 minutes until now to inform me that there’s an incoming call and message. And I think, if I have to get the total missed calls and texts that I’d been receiving for this last half hour, I think it would be more than 50. If you’re wondering who’s calling me, it’s Tiffany. The beautiful, gorgeous, hot angel that god sent to the earth that if I’m a fortunate person, he sent her for me. Why I don’t want to answer her calls and texts? Well, if you are me, what are you going to do after you made yourself look like a fool in front of a beautiful lady? Obviously, you don’t know how to face her again. Its 1 day already that I’d been ignoring her because of me, being stupid! Uuhhh! This is frustrating!

 

I open one out of 98 unread messages in my inbox, all from her, that’s also the last message that she sent for me. I widen my eyes while reading it.

 

To: JessiKid

Jessica, I’m on my way towards your room. If you won’t reply and answer my calls, it’s okay for me, but please, at least just let me in, inside your room.

From: MyTourGuide

I sat up quickly and tossed my cell phone in the nightstand. I look around my messy room. Yes, messy. Pizzas’ boxes in my table, empty soft drinks or beer bottles scattered in the floor and many more that looks like a typhoon had been here inside my room yesterday. I stood up from my bed and began to clean my room. Actually, I just put aside the trashes rather than sweeping or mapping the floor. I kick all the empty bottles and other trashes under my bed and one by one pick all the Pizzas’ boxes from the table into the trashcan. I look around again, and it became better than before. I sighed and I realized the room smell bad. Or, is it just me? Yeah, I remember that I haven’t taken my bath yet since that night. I get my perfume and spray it all over my body and after that, around the room.

*knock knock*

I quickly put my perfume in the drawer and approach the door. I silently pray to God to help me to face this wonderful woman I’ve met last 3 days. I took a deep breath and open the door. And there she is, yes, she’s beautiful, gorgeous, cute, hot, pretty and etc. but this time, she, being hot is the adjective that can describe her the most.

 

“Jessica, are you okay?” I look at her eyes after checking her out. Uhmm, I mean after she waved her hands in front of my face. I gulped the lump in my throat because of nervousness and embarrassment when I remember that night. The night when I confessed to her that I thought she doesn’t understand Korean.

 

“H-hi Tiff-any.” I greeted her awkwardly. I look down in my feet and sighed silently.

 

“*sigh* Okay, I’m going. It seems that you don’t want me to be here. Bye.” She was about to go but I held her wrist, preventing her to walk away.

 

“No. It’s just, I don’t know how to, to…” I looked down again because of embarrassment.

 

“You don’t know how to face me after what happened last and last night?” she finished my sentence for her. I nodded my head shyly and blood starts to rush towards my face. There’s a minute of silence and then I heard a chuckle that turns into a big laughter. Tiffany is laughing.

 

Huh? I look up at her and she’s holding her stomach while laughing. My brows arched together because of confusion. I just stared at her until she decided to stop laughing at, I don’t know. She wiped the tears that caused by her laughs and look at me. She came closer and holds my cheeks by her hands. And then, she pinched it! Until I can feel that my face is going to rip into two!

 

“You’re so cute!” she exclaimed, still pinching my cheeks. I hold her hands and try to pull it off from my cheeks and fortunately, I did. I caress both of my cheeks which are burning. Aw, it hurts! She sighed and smile at me.

 

“So, can we get inside, now?” she asked while tilting her head. I blushed because of her cute gesture. I nodded and step aside to give her a way to walk in. I closed the door when she got inside. She directly sat on my bed while looking around. I widen my eyes and gulped again when she crossed her leg. No, not because it reveals the upper part of her thigh but because I saw something under the bed sheet. And I think if she turns to her side, she will definitely see it. And once she saw it, I really don’t know how to face her anymore.

 

”So, Jessica, how are you?” I look from that thing to her face. I put up a smile and jump to sit beside her. I don’t care if I look like a bipolar right now. It’s just; I don’t want her to see what’s inside the bed sheet that had been lifted up a little to reveal that ‘thing’ when she sat on the bed.

 

Tiffany’s POV

“So Jessica, how are you?” I asked her. Actually, like her, I really don’t know how to face her after what happened. Yes, I know that it should be her ONLY to feel like this. But I’m still feeling a little bit of guilt because I didn’t tell her the truth, that I understand Korean. If I am in her position, I would be very embarrassed. *sigh*

 

I stared at Jessica in awe when she put up a wide smile all of a sudden. She jumps to sit beside me. I miss her smile. Especially that she barely show it to everyone, including me.

 

“I’m okay Tiff, how about you?” she shifted in her position when she answered me, still having that beautiful smile that for unknown reason, took my breath away. I can’t help but also smile, but, shyly.

 

“I-I’m fine too.” Then, I hung my head low. I thought after her simple question, there will be an awkward silent between us, but I was wrong.

 

“Oh. So, it’s been a while huh. Is there something special that happened yesterday?” she asked again, still moving like an eel in her place. She looks like she’s hiding something underneath the bed sheet from me. And it really confused me because when I arrived here, she looks like she’s really shy after what happened that night and now, she became, I don’t know how to explain this, but she’s not in her usual self. The Jessica that I met for the first time is not a talker like the Jessica today. Is she, by any chance, a bipolar? But then, her question struck me.

 

“Uhhm, I really don’t think that I should tell you this.” I mumbled loud enough to be heard by her.

 

“And why is that? Come on, you can tell me.” She stopped shifting or rather than, moving like an eel and held my hand that brought me to look up. I can see the worry in her eyes. I smiled a little.

 

“D-donghae, he came to my office yesterday.” I started.

 

“Donghae? Your ex who was stupid enough to hurt a precious girl like you? What did that in bastard do to you? Did he hurt you again? Tell me.” Okay, what’s with the compliments and curses either? She checked my body if I have any bruises that she thought I have because Donghae hurt me. Well, she shouldn’t check my body, it should be my heart. I clear my throat because of her remark, ‘a precious girl like you’, made my face flushed before I continue.

 

“No, he didn’t hurt me physically. But you know, emotionally, yes he did. *sigh*. But don’t worry, he only begged me to forgive him and be his girlfriend again.” She sighed in relieve, but there’s something in her eyes that I couldn’t explain what it is.

 

“S-so, you agreed?”I widened my eyes, can’t believe what she had said. I scoffed before I answer her.

 

“Agreed? After what he had done to me, tell me how can I agree to be his girlfriend again? Of course I didn’t.”I can see a little glimpse of happiness in her eyes.

 

“Good. After what he had done, he doesn’t deserve your love anymore. He deserves a punch in his so-called handsome face which for me, he looks like a monster. Oh, not only a punch because it will look like I’m weak. I will show him my Angelina Jolie move.” I laughed when she stood up and showed me some actions that according to her, how to beat Donghae.

 

“Wait, how can you say he’s handsome? I thought you haven’t met him?” I stopped laughing and frowned before I asked her. She stopped from what she’s doing and frowned before her face turned crimson, maybe because of embarrassment. She coughed before answering me.

 

“We-well, I thought that you have a good taste when it comes to guys. So, yeah, I’m sure that he’s handsome because he made you fell in love with him.” she laughed awkwardly. I chuckled.

 

“Wow, we’ve only met but it seems that you know everything about me. Is it possible, that you’re a stalker? Specifically, MY stalker?” I said suppressing my laugh when I saw how red her cheeks are. She’s so cute when she’s shy. I can’t help but to more.

 

“No! I mean, I’m not your stalker.” She lowered her head while I let out a big fit of laugh. While laughing, I caught a glimpse of something under the bed sheet. I was about to lift the bed sheet when Jessica quickly sat down at the place where I saw something underneath it.

 

“So, Tiffany, have you eaten your lunch?” she suddenly asked me. I frowned.

 

“uhhm. Not yet Jessie. Let me see what’s underneath the bed sheet. I saw something in there.” I said while pulling her off from her place to look what is the thing that I saw earlier. But she didn’t move. It’s obvious that she’s hiding that ‘something’ from me.

 

“Wait, you called me what?” she asked trying to change the topic but I just rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

 

“I called you Jessie. There, stop changing the topic and move. Let me see what’s under the bed sheet.” I commanded glaring at her. She froze.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

Uh-oh, she’s glaring at me. I got goose bumps and unwillingly removed myself from the bed. I’m already standing but her eyes are still on me. I put my two hands up just like what you always do when you’re saying you’re innocent or denying something.

 

“O-okay. I already removed my from the bed Tiff. Please don’t look at me like that anymore.” She smirked and tilted her head while looking at the bed sheet where I was sitting before. I gulped and closed my eyes praying that she won’t see that ‘thing’. Aissh, why I forgot about that thing?

 

“Oh, what is this?” I pressed my eyelids tighter when I heard her. She saw it. She saw it. I don’t know how to face her anymore. I should run off from here. Lord, please help me to dig a hole so that I can bury myself inside.

 

“Jessica?” I heard her called me again but I chose to ignore her. Suddenly, I felt someone grabbed my sweating and trembling hands, and put something on it. I can feel the texture of the thing which Tiffany put on my palms. It’s cold and it feels like a metal. Tiffany closed my hands. It’s small so I know that it’s not the thing that I’ve been hiding from her. Finally, I open my eyes and let out the air, which I’ve been keeping since I closed my eyes, because of relieve. I saw a cute pink keychain in my hand. I frowned and look up. I saw Tiffany smiling brightly.

 

“No doubt you don’t want me to see that thing. It’s cute and pink. And you know how much I love pink that you decided to hide it from me so that I can’t take it away from you.” She chuckled. What? I look bewildered at first but realized that she’s talking about the key chain in my hands.

 

“E-erm, it’s not that I don’t want this to give it to you. Actually, I want to treat you first for lunch and after that, I’ll give this to you as my thank you gift for being my tour guide.” You’re good in lying Jessica. Actually, I don’t know how did this keychain ended up in my bed? I don’t remember that I have or seen this one before. But, I have to thank this cute metal for saving me from getting embarrass in front of this beautiful girl.

 

“Oh, okay.” There’s a moment of silence until my stupid stomach made some noise. Tiffany stared at me with a big question mark in her face. She laughed when she realized where the sound came from. I held my belly while pouting.

 

*GROWL*

 

She stop from laughing and held her stomach. My pouting lips were replaced by a smirk until I couldn’t help but laugh. Now, it’s her turn to pout.

 

“Hey! You know that we are BOTH hungry but you still chose to just laugh at me. Can you just stop it and get ready so that we can go out and eat?”

 

I stop abruptly when she said that in a boss-like tone. And I can’t deny that it sent shivers through my spine. But then, I still smiled at her and put the pink keychain in her hands.

 

“It’s yours. No need to thank me for giving you that.” By the way, no need to thank me because that keychain is not mine. I thought.

 

“And oh, we’re not going to eat outside.” I said as I pick up my jeans and simple white shirt from my luggage before I proceed to the bathroom to change.

 

“What do you mean by that?” I stop in the door and turn to look at her.

 

”It’s still early so I still have more time to cook something for us. All we have to do is to buy the ingredients that I needed in the market.” After that, I winked at her and enter the bathroom. I totally forgot about the ‘thing‘ underneath the bed sheet. Well, I hid it carefully so I HOPE, she won’t see it.

 

~***~

 

“Tiff, that’s wrong. It should be like this.” I grabbed the knife from her hand to demonstrate how to cut the meat into cubes. Yup, we are now cooking for our lunch after we bought the ingredients. It should be me only but she insisted to help. I thought she knew how to cook but according to my point of view right now, I was wrong. She doesn’t even know how to cut tomatoes.

 

“Look, you have to cut this just like what I’m doing right now to avoid cutting your fingers.” I explained when I’m now cutting the last piece of meat into cubes. I look at her for a moment, and that was the time when I realized that I’ve been back hugging her. No, I mean, I’m cutting the meat with the front part of my body behind her back and my arms around her body. My chin placed in her right shoulder and because we’re almost having the same height, I need to lift my body up.

 

My gaze found her eyes that have been staring at me with a blush on her cheeks. Those eyes that turns into crescent moons every time she smile or laugh. Those beautiful pair of eyes that could melt my icing heart. I know that this is wrong, the feeling that I’m having right now. But I couldn’t help it. God sent this angel down to the earth so I couldn’t blame myself if I’m falling in love with her. I never met anyone like her. I’d never been in love in my whole life so I don’t know if what I’m feeling right now, if this is really what they called love, or just infatuation. I broke my gaze in her eyes and directed it to-

 

“OUCHHHHH!” I screamed in pain when I cut my finger. I was into Tiffany that I did not realize that I’m still cutting some meat.

 

“Oh my God! Jessica! Are you okay?” She turned around to face me and checked my stinging finger by holding my hand. I saw some blood started to flow out from the slit that caused by the knife. I froze and my face became pale. I wanted to scream badly but I can’t even open my mouth. Tiffany said something like she has a mini medical kit in her bag so she let go of my hand in order to get it from her bag.

 

I find it hard to breathe while I’m still looking at the blood in my trembling hand that came from my injured finger. I took the chair beside me in order for me to sit but I fell in the floor instead because I wasn’t looking at all. I clutched my chest because of the rapid beating of my heart that caused by the lacking of oxygen inside my body. Cold sweats are forming in my forehead together with the tears in my eyes. My vision became blurred. I remember it again. I felt dizzy until I passed out. But the last thing I heard was Tiffany’s scream.

 

“JESSICA!!”

 

Tbc~

~***~

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

MIIIIIIAAAAAANHEEEEEEEEE!!!

I’m really sorry for the late update!! I promise that I’ll make it up to you for the upcoming chapters.

 

By the way, what is the ‘thing’ that Jessica hid from Tiffany? And oh, why Jessica fainted?