C-4

Back To Stranger

 

 

 

 

Jessica POV

 

 

" HEY!!What the hell?! I thought you're already bathing!"

 

She covered her almost body with the clothes she was holding. Yes, she was just wearing her underwear and bra. I closed my mouth and quickly turn around. My blood is rushing towards my face.

 

" I-I'm sorry. I'm, j-just going to take m-my bathr-robe."

 

I stuttered. Well, who wouldn't be if you're at my position right now?

 

" don't turn around."

 

She warned. I nodded. I heard some noises behind me. Maybe, she was now changing her clothes quickly. My god, what position did I got into?

 

"it's okay now" 

 

I heard her but I hesitated to turn around. I want to minimize the awkwardness between us.

 

" hey. I said its okay now. You can turn around."

 

But I didnt obey her.

 

" just, just gave it to me. It was in the chair beside the bed side table." I said. 

 

I heard her sigh. Suddenly, she grab my wrist from the back and turn me around. Because of the force that she exerted in pulling me, we fell in the bed. She groaned. I was in top. Her face was close to mine. Her nose was touching mine. I look at her eyes who was now also looking back at me and finally, in her tempting, pink, luscious, kissable lips. Don't ask me why I can tell that it was sweet because I already kiss her 'ACCIDENTALLY' last night! Well, even if i haven't kiss her, I can also tell that it was sweet because it looks like one. Wait. Aissh. Jessica! Stop thinking about that! I scolded myself mentally.

 

"e-Erm. C-can you get off me now? You're quite heavy." I was snapped by her voice.

 

I quickly got off from her and hide the blush in my cheeks with my palms. I know that I'm looking weird right now. She sat up and look at me.

 

"I'm so-sorry. Why did you pull me hard anyway?" I asked trying to be calm. I look at her but she look away. Hmm. She was blushing too.

 

"well, you're acting like you don't want to see my beautiful body lately." I raised my eyebrow. She look back at me and smirk. Then an image of her almost body appeared in my vision. I shook it and again, trying to hide my red face.

 

"w-well.i just want to, to minimize the awkwardness between us." I replied nervously. It was the truth though. She got off from the bed and took my bath robe from the chair beside the bedside table.

 

" why it would be awkward when you and I are both girls?" she asked in a matter of fact. Jessica, you're screwed!

 

" well- "

 

" unless, you like me." she cut me off. Yes, I like- what?!! Stop it Jessica! You don't like her! You don't like her! Even when she have a perfect curves, beauti- aiisssh! Stop it mind! I'm straight! Right?

 

She came to me and lifted my right arm. She folded the bathrobe and put it in my arm. She look at me and smirk again. She look so hot! Oh my god. Last time I check, I turn on the air con into the maximum level. But, why I was feeling so hot right now? She came closer and closer. Sweats are starting to form in my forehead. One move closer, and our lips will met. Closer and,

 

" go. Take a shower. I know what you're feeling right now. You really need to take a bath."

 

She was pushing me towards the bathroom. I blink and finally realize what she was doing.

 

" hey. Okay. No need to push me!"

 

I complained and turn around and went inside the bathroom.

 

" you're right. I really need to bath right now. And it was because of you."

 

I said when I faced her. I was leaning in the door frame when I said that. She just smirk. I rolled my eyes and step backward and reach the door knob to close the door. But before that, I saw her gave me a seductive wink that really made me hot. I slammed the door and leaned my back on it. Just like what I did a few minutes before. Minutes? But, I think it almost reach an hour when I got my bathrobe. I sighed then went to the shower. I stripped and turn on the shower. While bathing, I remember what happen between me and Tiffany. I smiled. She was such a tease. But a beautiful, gorgeous, hot, y angel I had ever met.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

" uhm. Tiff, do you have anything to do today?" I asked her. We are now in the elevator of the diamond hotel going to the main floor.

 

" nothing. Why?"

 

" well, I was planing to look around this place. I mean, here, in California."

 

She nodded.

 

"so, you want me to company you? Like, being your tour guide?" I chuckled.

 

" yup. Only if you want."

 

"I will love being your tour guide." I smiled shyly at her answer.

 

Suddenly, I felt something strange. No. I mean, just like someone is staring at me. I look around the elevator and saw the elevator man, staring at me. Oh yeah, maybe he was confused because yesterday, I was so cold and now, I was smiling. He look away when I glared at him. He might think that I'm a bipolar. Thanks because the elevator door open. Tiffany and I walk out. I look at the elevator man through my shoulder who was staring at me but quickly look away. He should thank god because the elevator door closed before he get killed by my glare. And then, I heard a giggle beside me. I look at Tiffany confuse.

 

"what is funny?" I asked.

 

"nothing. It was just, I saw how you scared the poor elevator man by glaring at him." I frowned but nodding my head. I sighed and look down.

 

"I always do that anyway." I admit.

 

" what do you mean?"

 

"oh. Nothing. Nevermind."

 

She nodded and we took a cab.

 

"so, what is our first destination MY tour guide?" I asked her emphasizing the word 'my'. I saw her blush and look out through the window. She's so cute!

 

" i want to bring you first in my favorite place." she replied still looking out in the window and I just nod. I look out too in the window. Well. She was in the right and I was in the left side. It was beautiful here in California. I made a good choice of choosing this country. It made me calm and forgot about my problems. 'And also, I found a person who I think  will bring the old Jessica Jung back. Actually, she was starting to bring me back.' I thought when I look at my side. To Tiffany. The girl who was betrayed. An angel who deserved to be happy not sad. I swear, when I see that Donghae in personal, I will kill him for making an angel cry.

 

" you know, there are many beautiful places here in California. The truth is, i really don't know where to bring you first so I decided to bring you in my favorite place." she broke my thoughts. She turn and look at me. Since I was staring at her, our eyes met. I didn't look away though. I smiled when I look at her angel like face.

 

" you're more beautiful" I said in Korean so that she won't understand and I wont feel shy, I think. But instead, she smiled at me shyly and chuckled a bit. I was confused by her reaction. She coughed a lil then look away. I was about to ask her but she squealed excitedly making me flinch a bit.

 

"we're here!"

 

"you're so loud ya know that?" I complained but smiled anyway. I pay the cab and we got off.

 

" that's Tiffany Hwang! A loud person." she said with a grin.

 

" whatever." I look around the place, and it was damn beautiful.

 

" close your mouth kid." I heard her chuckle. I turn to look at her but she was already running away towards the fountain. I realized what she just called me.

 

"hey! I'm not a kid!" I walk after her. She was already in the fountain.

 

When I was already in her side, I noticed that she was quite. I look at her confused when she closed her eyes and open it again but with a tear rolled down in her beautiful face.

 

"hey, what's wrong? You okay?" she's crying stupid! Of course she's not okay. I scolded myself. She nodded.

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

"hey, what's wrong? You okay?" Jessica asked me. I nodded.

 

"yeah. I'm fine. It was just, I used to went here with, with Donghae." I was preventing my tears to come out. I look at her and she was looking, guilty?

 

" I'm sorry." she apologize.

 

"huh?what for?"

 

"for asking you to be my tour guide. Now, you remember 'it' again." she look down. I smiled seeing this side of her. She must be scary when she glared at you, but, she was really a warm hearted person. Just like what she did in the elevator man before.

 

"no. It's not your fault. I was the one who brought you and myself here anyway." she look up at me.

 

" then why you chose this place when you know that this place will hurt you by remembering your past with Donghae?" she asked me.

 

"you're right. You know what, in this fountain, I always made a promises and wishes. Every promise and wish that I made, there was always a coin that I threw here. When Donghae and I started dating, he also joined me here. There are many promises and one wish that we made. We wished that we will still be together in the future." I pause for a moment. Tears finally came out. I took a deep breath and continue.

 

" but, I think, what they was saying is true. That promises are made to be broken. And I think, that wish that we made, is impossible to happen." I look at Jessica.

 

"can I ask you a favor?" I asked.

 

"sure. What is it?"

 

" hug me" it was not a favor, but more likely a demand. I saw her shock face and i was disappointed.

 

"look, it's o-" I was cut off when she hug me.

 

" I'm sorry if I was shock. It was just, I'm not used to it. I mean, you're the first person who asked me a hug." she said to me.

 

"now, let it out. I don't care if you'll drenched my cloth with your tears except the thing that will come from your nose." she joked. I chuckled and slap her arm lightly and hug her back. Now, I cry hard and let out all the emotions that I had.

 

After a few minutes, I stop crying and we broke the hug, unwillingly. I don't know but, I already miss her warmth. Then, i remember something that I need to do. I get 2 coins from my purse and gave one to her. She look at me, confuse If what she will do to the coin I gave her.

 

" remember what I told you before? Make a promise or a wish and throw that coin in this fountain from the back. Now turn around." I explain. She nodded and turn around and closed her eyes. I smiled then turn around too and closed my eyes. After I made a promise, I throw the coin in the back, which was the fountain. I open my eyes and look at Jessica who was staring at me.

 

" you finish?" she nodded.

 

" did you make a promise or a wish?" I asked her again while looking at the fountain. Since the water of the fountain is clear, I can see many coins on it. That belongs mine and Jessica's.

 

"a promise. You?" she asked me back. I smiled.

 

" a promise too. Would you mind to tell me the promise that you made?"

 

"you first." I look at her who was now looking also in the fountain.

 

" my promise was, I will stop crying because of Donghae and will forget about the past." I told her the truth.

 

"you?"

 

" my promise was, I wont make you happy." I was shock when she said that. Well, I don't know why, but I felt hurt when she said that. I Thought she was joking but with the serious face that she had? I think she wasn't joking.

 

"oh. O-okay."

 

" I'm one of the people who believed in the saying that promises are made to be broken. So thats why that was my promise. Get it?" she smiled at me. I think for a moment, I was just like solving a puzzle. Then finally, I realized what she meant and smiled at her. What she really meant was, she will make me happy.

 

"thanks" I gave her my eyesmile.

 

"no problem. And oh, I made you show your eyesmile to me!" she jump like a kid and I cant help but laugh at her.

 

"hey stop that! Lets walk around and i will begin my duty as your tour guide." I said to her.

 

"okay. Let's go, MY tour guide." she said emphasizing the word 'my' again. I secretly blush.

 

" tsk. Come on kid!" I then began to ran.

 

"hey! Don't call me that'! I'm Not a kid!" I just giggled. We was running around until I felt tired and she tackled me in the ground. Well, I haven't told you, my favorite place is a park. She tickled me while I kept on laughing and pleading her to stop. We ignore the people who was staring at us. Finally, she stop.

 

"hey, come on. Let's walk around in this park and after that, we'll eat lunch." I suggested then stood up. I help her in getting up.

 

"okay. Come on." 

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

after a few minutes of walking around the park, we decided to lunch. We went to the nearest restaurant. It was a fancy restaurant. We are now waiting our food to arrive.

 

" so, tell me about yourself more Jessica." I began the conversation.

 

"hmm. What should I tell you?"

 

"about yourself of course! Didn't I tell you to tell me about yourself more?" we laughed.

 

"hahaha. Sorry. Well. I'm Jessica Jung."

 

"I already knew that."

 

"wait. It was just the beginning of my introduction. Well, I'm living in Seoul, Korea but decided to took a break from work and came here in California."

 

"wow. You're good in rhyming words." I chuckle.

 

"hehe. Well, let's say that I'm one of the best student during my high school years in writing poem." she stated as she lifted her chin up.I just shook my head.

 

"conceited much?"

 

" I'm just stating the truth! If you want, you could ask my teachers in HighSchool."

 

"okay. Calm down. So what is your job?"

 

" before, I'm proud to be an architect." she sigh sadly.

 

"before?" I frowned. She nodded.

 

" yes. Before. But after my mother's death, I couldn't be proud being an architect anymore."

 

"why? Mind on telling me?" she look down.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

Flashback~

 

Jessica's POV (17 years old)

 

Architect. That is my dream. I want to build buildings by my own design. And one of my inspiration, is my family. However, we don't have enough money to pay the tuition fee and to buy the things that i needed to be an architect. My father is a carpenter. My mother is selling fruits and vegetables in town. While me, I was helping my mother and sometimes, visiting my father in his work with his lunch that I cooked. (a/n. in this story, jessica knows how to cook.)

 

One day, when I was cooking lunch at home, my neighbour came in my house panting heavily with a very bad news.

 

" jessica, your mother."

 

" what about my mother?"

 

He took a deep breath before he continue

 

" sh-she fainted."

 

" WHAT?! Where is she?!"

 

"we brought her in the hospit-"

 

I didnt let him finish because I already know where she is. I immediately turn off the stove and went directly to the hospital. When I arrived there, I saw my mother in the hospital bed, eyes close with my father who was holding her left hand tightly.

 

" appa, w-what happened to u-umma?" I approach them with my eyes sticking on my mother pale face.

 

" she fainted because she can't hardly breath." I turn my gaze at my father bewildered by the statement he said. Why? Because my mother doesn't have any disease. Or she have but she chose not to let us know?

 

" appa, what does it mean?" my father sighed sadly before he look and answer me.

 

" the doctor said, she, she have TB. She have to undergo operation as soon as possible to get rid of the bacteria in her lungs before it will scattered around the body and infect other organs." I kneeled beside the bed.

 

" is that the only way to cure umma?" I held the other hand of my umma and kissed it.

 

" yes" with appa's answer, I panic. If that's the only way to cure umma, we don't have to lose that chance.

 

" then where's the doctor? They have to start the operation now before something bad will happen to her appa. We need to-"

 

" but we don't have money Jessica." I became quite. Silence. Everything became quite. Money. That's the thing that can make my heart beat faster because we don't have that. That's the only thing that can shut me up and became speechless. I look down. My tears started to pour from my eyes.

 

" we need a lot of money for the operation Jessica. If only I have, in any second, I can call the doctors and let them opera your mother. Sadly, I haven't."

 

No. I won't let my mother die. I need to do something. I rushed outside the hospital and ran toward our home. I don't care if how long I will take to get there or how far it is. Well, our home is not that far. All I can think now is my mother, nothing else.

 

With the last step, finally, I arrived at our home panting very hard. I quickly went to my room. I pick my pencil and a plain white paper. I think. Then draw. Think. Draw. And finally with the feeling that I have, I finish it. I finish it inspired by my mom. I get the other papers that already have a sketch of some buildings. I rushed outside the house. I don't know where to go. I just walk and walk. Until I realized that I was already in the city near our town. I don't know what I will do with my works. I lowered my head while walking. Because of that, I bump into someone. My papers flew away from me. That's the only hope I've got. I want to chase it but then, I saw that I bumped into an old woman. She can't get up. I apologized and help her to get up in her feet. She thanked me and I smiled in return but it fade when I realized that the papers are nowhere to be found. My world was crash, my heart broke, that's the only hope I've got. I cried. Literally, I fell down in my knees not caring about the people around me, staring at me and with their look telling me that I'm crazy.

 

" uhm. Miss?" someone tapped my shoulder from the back. I turn my head and saw a girl with two huge men behind her. Maybe it was her bodyguards. This girl is rich.

 

"is this yours?" a lil light came back into my world when she show me the papers. MY papers. I stood up and nodded at her.

 

"yes. That's mine. Thank you!" I grab the papers and bowed at her 90 degrees showing how thank you I am.

 

" your welcome. Well, I'm Kim Taeyeon." she offered a hand.

 

"I'm Jung Jessica." I hesitated shook her hand. Kim Taeyeon is very familiar name.

 

" Jessica. Are you available? I mean, I want to bring you in my office. I want to talk to you. About your papers. I'm an architect by the way and I like, no I love your designs. If you wouldn't mind?"

 

My eyes widened and jaw dropped when I realized who she was. Kim Taeyeon. The one and only daughter of the Kim who was the owner of the biggest and successful company of architecture in Asia. Because her father died, she was now the CEO of their company. How can I didn't recognize her? Maybe because of overly thinking about the way to get my mother cure. Yes. And maybe this is my chance to get some money. Kim taeyeon said she like my designs and maybe, she will, buy it.

 

"o-okay ma'am."

 

 

-end of POV-

 

Kim's company-

 

"so Jessica, what do you think? Is it a deal?  Or no deal?" taeyeon asked Jessica. They are now in taeyeon's big office. Jessica was amazed when she stepped in Taeyeon's office. She was indeed, an architect. They're done talking about jessica's designs and Taeyeon bought it in a high amount that for Jessica, is enough for the operation of her mother. However, Taeyeon has another offer for her. She really like her designs and she believe that this girl, in front of her is very talented and maybe in the future, in case Jessica will accept her offer, the company will be more successful than ever. Well, her offer is not that very hard for her, because she don't have any family right now. But for Jessica, it was the toughest question among all the 'deal or no deal' she heard in her life. Who wouldn't be? She was stuck in between. Taeyeon's offer is to reach her dream. Taeyeon will be the one who will pay for all the fees in school and when she graduate, she will be immediately hired in Kim's Company. Aside from that, Taeyeon will also give her a condo unit and allowance for free. But, if she accept it, Taeyeon said she'll leave her family. Because for Taeyeon, we need to sacrifice one thing in order to receive something. Something she called success. Now, Jessica is thinking, her dream or her family?

 

"so?" Jessica look at Taeyeon.

 

"I-I'm sorry miss Taeyeon, but i think, this money is enough already to cure my mother. Thank you so much. And, If you dont mind, I'll go now to the hospital." she said as she stood and bow. Taeyeon sighed and smirk.

 

"you only think that Jessica. It's okay. You can go now. But, in case you change your mind, your always welcome here." Jessica put up a lil smile and rush to the hospital.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

A/N 

 

I know, I know, I know. This is a very late update. I'm really sorry because it was just some technical problem I have. And yes, of course school works. I have been really busy lately because it was December and even though holiday is coming, we have a lot of activities in school. And Jessica's flashback will be continue in the next chapter!

 

Hope ya like this long(?) chapter and understand why I was updating late. And by the way, can I call my readers 'SWAGLERS'? Or not? Hehehe... I was just asking! If you don't like it, no offense. I'm cool with it! Thanks for the new subscribers!