C-5

Back To Stranger

Author's POV

 

A blonde is now pacing back and forth outside the operating room while her father is sitting, praying. Yes, ever since Jessica went back in the hospital with the money that they needed, they quickly set an operation for her mother. It has been 2 hours already when her mother's operation started and she was getting nervous. Her father told her to sit because she'll get dizzy but she didn't listen. Well, she didn't get dizzy anyway because all she think and mind right now is her mother's condition. There was a time when she stop pacing back and forth and will peek in the door as if she can see what is happening inside the OR.

 

" please, Jessica. Can you stop pacing around?" she stop hearing her father's plead and sigh. She sat beside her father and just pray.

 

Another 2 hours passed by but the operation is not done yet. It was almost 4 hours and Jessica is getting impatient so she stood up and was about to pound the OR door when suddenly, it open revealing a doctor. The doctor took off his mask and sigh sadly that gave Jessica a hint that there's a bad thing happened. She can feel that her body started to tremble and sweats starting form all over her body. 

 

"doc? H-how's my m-mother?" With the remaining gut she have, she asked the doctor. Her father stood as well waiting for the doctor's answer.

 

"theres a good and bad news. The good one is, the operation was finish successfully. We already removed the bacteria from her lungs."

 

Jessica felt relieve a lil when she heard that. She thought that her mother didn't made it. But, there's a bad news.

 

"bad news is, we're too late. some of the bacteria went to her other organs already including her kidney and heart so that we took so long in operating her. Miss Jung, if you want to save your mother, you have to decide now if you want to continue the operation or not."

 

Jessica flinched because of the news. It was too late. They don't have any choice but to continue the operation in order to save her mother. But,

 

"how much the operation can cause doc?" if it wasn't her father, she will literally kick him and punch his face because of that question. How can he asked that question when her mother was fighting for her life in the edge of the knife? Though Jessica thought she'll get angry because of the question but she couldn't. Because her father is just being practical with their situation. They don't have money to let the operation continue. Money. She remember the offer that taeyeon asked her.

 

"it will c-"

 

"never mind about the money doc. Just please, save my mother's life. Continue the operation."

 

She cut the doctor's words. She can tell that her father has an bewildered look by her words but she careless about it. The doctor nod and went back to the OR.

 

" Jessica."

 

That is the only word that her father said, her name. But she knew, by the tone that her father used, he want an explanation because of the decision she made. She sighed and told her father about what happened between her and Taeyeon. About her designs that Taeyeon bought and of course, the offer. 

 

"what?! Jessica, you don't have to accept that offer. Just, find another way to pay the operation of your mother. Just please, don't."

 

Her father pleaded. He was getting teary because of the thought his only daughter leaving their family. But Jessica just hang her head low and let some tears escaped her eyes. She shook her head and that's when her father cried too.

 

"you can't, Jessica."

 

Her father couldn't help but cried. Why? Because their only daughter will leave them if she accept the offer. Yes, he know that Jessica will do that in order to save her mother, but, he also know that Jessica's mother will be sad when she found out about the offer that Jessica will accept. But, as Jessica's father, he knew her too well, that's why even though he knew that Jessica will not change her decision, he still tried to change it.

.

"I'm sorry appa. I don't want to, but.......I have to...,...."

 

With that, Jessica walk away from the hospital toward the Kim's Company. She left her father with heavy feelings. Jessica's father can't also help but feel, guilty. Guilty because he can't do anything to stop his daughter and to save his wife. He don't have money. Sometimes, he asked his self, what kind of father he is? 

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

 

Jessica arrived at the Kim's Company, panting. She didn't waste any of her time when she actually just barged inside the building. Some of the employees stared at her weirdly but she ignore them. The guard quickly approach her and held her arms to send her out of the building but she struggled in his hold.

 

"just let me in. I want to talk to your boss, Taeyeon. I know her and she know me so just please, let me in."

 

She tried to explain but the guard didn't believe her. Then, a man which she guess an employee here approach them and look at her from head to toe. He frown for a while then signal the guard who was holding her to let her go. She then held her arm. It hurts a little because of the strong grip of the guard.

 

"I'm sorry. He didn't recognize you. He just following the rules of the company. Miss Jung right?"

 

The man spoke. She was confuse because he recognize her but nodded as well.

 

"Gud afternoon. I'm Choi Siwon, secretary of Miss Kim. You can call me Mr. Choi. If you are doubting why I know you, Miss Kim told me if you come again, I'll let you in. Well, she also gave me your picture so that I'll be able to recognize you. Come, I'll lead you to Miss Kim's office."

 

She just kept mum and follow him who entered the elevator first. On the way to Taeyeon's office, Jessica was feeling nervous and ashamed. Nervous, because what if Taeyeon will not accept her anymore. But she then remember what Taeyeon said earlier that she's always welcome here. Ashamed, because she turned down the offer in their first meeting and now, she's coming back and will do anything in order Taeyeon will accept her again. It didn't took so long when they arrived in the front of Taeyeon's office. Mr. Choi knock on the door and open it when Taeyeon gave her permission. He enter first and bow at her.

 

"Miss Kim, Miss Jung is here." Taeyeon who's concentrating in her work stop looking at some designs that her employees passed to her a while ago and look at Jessica who's behind Mr. Choi. She look at her seriously that made Jessica look down at her feet. 

 

"okay. Thanks Mr. Choi. You can go now."

 

Mr Choi bowed again and left the two. Taeyeon asked Jessica to take a sit. Jessica hesitantly took a sit while shivering. She can't look straight at Taeyeon. Taeyeon noticed the uneasiness of Jessica and let out a chuckle. Jessica look up, confuse. She didn't expect the expression of Taeyeon right now. Taeyeon is smiling at her.

 

"So, Jessica. I see, you came back. Just like what I expected." Taeyeon smirk.

 

"come on, don't be nervous." but Jessica still didn't speak. She tried but no words came out from . Taeyeon sighed and decided to go directly into the point.

 

" okay, Jessica. Just like what I asked you about the offer this noon, would you like to accept the offer?" this time, Jessica want to say 'yes' quickly but then, she remember something she want to add in the deal that Taeyeon offered to her. 

 

"miss Kim, can I request something?" Taeyeon nodded signaling her to continue.

 

" if y-you wouldn't m-mind, can you add t-the operation/hospital bills of my mother in your deal? Can you?" Jessica know that she might sound like a pathetic person in front of taeyeon but she didn't mind about it. She didn't even bother to look straight at Taeyeon's eyes because she felt, ashamed? But lil did she know, Taeyeon just smile. She already expected this from Jessica. She just received a call not long ago before Jessica arrived from one of her assistant that she told to research about Jessica's background and of course, the assistant told her also about the recent news, or a bad news, that Jessica's mother first operation succeeded but they are too late and there are some new complications that needed to be opera. And she knew that Jessica needed a lot of money.

 

Jessica is having a goosebumps because Taeyeon didn't gave any response. She's going to take a glance at Taeyeon when she felt a hand both in her shoulder. She can feel that it was giving her a light squeeze.

 

" Anything my dear. As long as you accept the offer. Just tell me and I will approve it." she realized that it was Taeyeon's hands. Well, they are the only one here inside the office. She stood up that cause Taeyeon's slipped from her shoulder. She saw that Taeyeon smiled at her and she can't help but hug her. Taeyeon is the only hope she got. Even the offer consist of her leaving her family, even it hurts her, she couldn't deny to feel happy because finally, her problems about her mother was solve.

 

"thank you.thank you." she kept mumbling that words a few times before she broke the hug. Taeyeon just smile.

 

" but miss Jung, you didn't answer my question." Jessica smile lightly before finally give her final answer.

 

"I accept your offer Miss Kim."

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

 

It was almost 4 years when jessica accept the deal. Yes, she's now working at Kim's Company. And going back 4 years ago, Jessica's mother was saved. It pained them, Jessica's parents, when she left them. Especially her mother. But, they both accept the fact slowly. They also think about the positive that will happen when Jessica accept it. And they didn't regret their decision that they let Jessica go because now, their daughter achieve her dream. To be an architect. Some companies also think that Jessica is the one who's making the Kim's Company higher and higher than their ranks before. Even the company is on the top, they just keep saying that. But of course, just like what Taeyeon belief, we need to sacrifice one thing in order to receive something. And for Jessica that 'something' is her being successful and the 'thing' that she sacrifice is her family. Ever since Jessica left her parents, she didn't have any time to talk to them even she want to, but she had a very hectic study schedule. Even when she was now working, she didn't have any time for her family.

 

But then, one day, when she was working on some files she needed for her meeting this morning, and it was actually 20 minutes to go and their meeting will start when her cellphone rings. She saw it was her mother but she decided to ignore it and tried to focus on her work. Her cellphone keep ringing and she got annoyed and just answer it.

 

"hello?" she answered but still working. Her voice was filled with annoyance. But she received no responsed. She don't know but she heard some sounds that she cannot figure out. She thought that it was just the line of the phone.

 

 

"j-j-jessi-I-ca, h-he-"

 

" umma, you know I'm busy right now. I really have to finish some works here because we have a meeting in 10 minutes. I'm sorry, I'll call you when I have time. Okay? Bye." she ignore the voice that she heard before she hang up and turn off her phone. She doesn't know, that she'll lose someone. 

 

The meeting was finish and of course, all in the meeting room gave Jessica a standing ovation and compliment Jessica's great proposal, as usual. Everybody is congratulating her even Taeyeon who's smiling because of another great job that Jessica have done again. She was about to approach Jessica when her phone rings. She answered it with a smile. But then, her smile turns down when the one who called her told her a bad news. Well for her only bad, but for Jessica, a very very very bad news, it was even worse than worst. She hang up and look at Jessica who's still smiling and surrounded by their employees and clients. She went to her and excuse her to them. Jessica look at her with a confuse face when she drag her out of the room. But she just look at her seriously and of course, with sympathy.

 

"yes unnie?" shes still smiling. Jessica is calling Taeyeon 'unnie' because Taeyeon was also the one who told her to drop the formality between them. And also because, they treat each other now like sisters.

 

"Jessica, you're mother. She's dead." just like what happen to Taeyeon, but it was worse than Taeyeon, her smile turns down, and replace by the forming tears in her eyes.

 

 

She didn't waste any time and ran towards the hospital that Taeyeon told her where her mother's at. With every step, her tears is pouring nonstop from her eyes. She couldn't think straight right now, she just ran even though the hospital is a lil far away from the company. She don't know why, but the memories of her with her mother when she was a child is playing in her mind. It added the pain that she felt right now.

 

 

After how many minutes of running, she arrived at the ER of the hospital,  panting. She can feel her heart beats faster. Not only because she can't breath properly because of running but also because of the sight she is seeing right now. Her father is sitting while crying beside the bed. While there is a person, she know that it's her mother that covered by white blanket. She came near with heavy steps to the bed. Her father just look at her.

 

" a-appa why?" she asked while sobbing.

 

"our house was burnt. Unfortunately, she was inside when it happened."

Her father replied with a heavy feelings. She can't believe that her mother is already dead, not because of disease. She broke down and her father came to her and comfort her. Her mother was gone. Her feeling right now is worse than what happened 4 years ago in the time where her mother needed to undergo operation. She's gone. The person where she get the inspiration when she's designing buildings. However it became worse again because she didn't spend more time with her these past few years because of the offer. And because of that, she regret everything she have done. She regret when she accept the deal. yes, she achieve her dream because of it, but it also the reason why she forgot about her family.

 

How many months passed by when her mother died and Jessica is not the usual Jessica before. She's now colder than before. She's working but she cannot concentrate. And it became worse when she heard that her father was accused for stealing in the house where he was working that cause him to be imprison. She tried to let him free but she failed. She's depress and she started to drunk a lot and always came home late. Taeyeon scolded her but Jessica blamed her for everything that happened to her, especially the death of her mother. Taeyeon knew that Jessica need a break so she decided to let Jessica went to California for a vacation until Jessica's ready to continue her work here.

 

-end of flashback-(finally..:|)

 

Tiffany's POV

 

After Jessica finish telling me her story, I saw her tears start to pour from her eyes. I cannot help but felt sorry for her. She came through a lot of pain. I cannot help but to think that I should bring the old Jessica back. I get my pink handkerchief from my purse and gave it to her. She wiped her tears. I reach her hands in the table and held it. I squeeze it a lil. Here it go again, i can feel an electricity flow around my body but i smiled at her. She smiled back a lil.

 

" I'm sorry. I became a crybaby." she chuckled.

 

" crybaby? Hey, it's okay to cry you know. It's better to let your tears flow than to keep it. Just like your feelings." I smile again and get my hands from her, unwillingly. She gave back my handkerchief and thanks me. And then, our foods arrived. We chitchat while eating. Well, I want the mood to lighten up a lil so I made some jokes that made her laugh not because it's funny but because I'm corny. I just smile seeing her laugh. At least I made her laugh.

 

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- wait." she stop laughing and reach out her hand towards my face. She grab my chin and brought her face closer towards my face. I can feel the burning of my face when I feel her breath.

 

Jessica's POV

 

After I told her my story and when our foods arrived, she keep telling me a jokes. I keep laughing because it was corny. I know that she only want me to feel okay.

 

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- wait." I stop laughing and reach out my hand towards her face. I grab her chin and brought my face closer toward her face. I wipe the stain of sauce in the side of her lips using my thumb. I can feel that she's staring at me. I look at her and I realize the distance of our faces. My face starts to blush. I stared at her eyes then to her lips. Our noses are touching now. I close my eyes and then,

 

*ring*

 

Her cellphone ringed that cause us to stop. I can feel that my body became hot because of embarrassment and I saw her blush while searching for her phone. While she was answering it, I just stared at her. I just stared in the goddess in front of me. I can see that she was about to hang up so I look away.

 

" i-I'm sorry, it's my mom." I nodded.

 

"I-it's okay." then silence. Maybe we are awkward because of what happened not long ago. She shifted in her sit before speaking.

 

"lets- let's continue eating."she said.

 

" I'm not hungry anymore." I replied. She frowned then asked why.

 

" I'm already full by staring at you." I said in Korean and smile. I know she won't understand it. Right? She blushed. And chuckled. Blushed? Chuckled? Why?

 

" wait. Why did you blushed and chuckled?" I asked her.

 

"nothing. I'm finish! Lets go to our next destination! You ready?" I nodded then we went to our next destination. I don't know where but I just followed her.

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

"woohoo! I had fun today!" she exclaimed when we arrived in front of the building where her condo located. Yes, she has a condo here in California. I chuckled while watching her. I should be the one to say that.

 

"yeah. Me too." she look at me and smiled. Then there's a comfortable silence between us. Looking in each other then look away. When our eyes met again, we look away again and giggled.

 

" I think it's getting cold outside here. You better go inside now." I said when I shivered because of the wind. Well, it's winter right? Even though I'm wearing thick clothes inside my thick coat, I can still feel the coldness.

 

"yea. Hey, wanna go inside? Just like what you said, it's cold here. You can stay for a while." she offered but I just shook my head.

 

" no. It's okay. It's already late and my hotel is not that far from here. I'm just going to take a cab." i declined while looking at my wrist watch. She nodded. I smiled at her and she did the same to me.

 

" well, I guess, this is the end of our TOUR. So, thank you. I really enjoyed this day." I smiled widely and nodded my head.

 

" yup. Me too. I really enjoyed the tour MY dear tour guide." I emphasized the word 'my'.

 

" oh. Can I have your number? Maybe, just maybe incase i need you to be my tour guide again, I'll call you." I asked, shyly. Well, I'm just asking for number, why I'm feeling shy?

 

"of course. Here." she gave me her calling card.

 

"thanks. So uhmm, maybe, good bye?" she chuckled and then eyesmiled at me. I was caught off guard again. Yes, she smiled many times but it was just a lil smile, not the unique smile of hers. I just figured out something through out this day. I just confirmed it.

 

" not goodbye. But, goodnight Jessica. We'll be meeting tomorrow, so, goodnight, not a goodbye." she corrected my word and went towards the entrance of the building but I stop her when she was about to enter,

 

" good night!" I shouted. She turned back and smiled at me. She wave her hands and signal me to take care. I smiled and nodded. She turned back again and was about to push the door when I stop her again.

 

"TIFFANY!" she turned back at me with a confuse face.

 

"GOODNIGHT BEAUTIFUL AND I LIKE YOU!" I confessed using Korean language while grinning because I think that she don't understand Korean. This is not the time to confess properly yet. I quickly held a cab with a big smile. I open the door of the cab and before I enter, I look back again at the building and saw that she was still standing at her spot. I waved at her and enter the cab.

 

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

After I ate my dinner and took a bath, I quickly went to my bed and laid there. I was smiling when I remember what happened in this day. 'oh, I should call her.' I thought. I get my phone and grab her calling card in the pocket of my coat and dialed it. I don't know but I'm nervous. After the 3 rings, finally I heard the Angel's voice.

 

 

T: hello? 

 

 

I stay quiet for a moment while smiling.

 

 

T: hello? Who's this?

 

J: hello, my tour guide

 

T: my tour gu- oh, Jessica, is this you?

 

I chuckled.

 

J: yes.

 

T: wassup?

 

J: nothing is up. I just want to hear your voice.

 

 

I said the last sentence in Korean.and then, I heard a chuckle in the other line.

 

 

J: what's funny?

 

T: n-nothing. Oh Jessica, even though I want to talk to you longer but I have to do some things here that my mother told me.

 

J: Um. It's okay. Goodnight.

 

T: yea, sorry again. Good night.

 

J: wait tiff.

 

T: yea?

 

J: Erm. Nothing.

 

T: okay the-

 

J: wait.

 

T: yup?

 

J: goodnight beautiful. Good night and remember I like you.

 

 

I said in Korean and there's a silence for a while before I heard a giggling sounds.

 

 

T: o-oh, well. Good night too.

 

 

Then she hung up. I was confuse why she was giggling. I mean, she didn't understand anything of what I said right? I just shrugged it off and close my eyes with the cellphone in my chest. I was grinning because Ican still smell her scent on my pillow.

 

*BEEP*

 

I quickly open my cellphone because i received a message. It was from Tiffany! I smiled widely and opened it excitedly.

 

 

---------------

Message:

 

To: JessiKid

 

Good night JessiKid. =p

 

Oh by the way, I forgot to tell you that, I was from KOREA. And I definitely know Korean language. And yes, I understand the things that you said to me from this morning when we are heading to the park, during lunch, outside the building of my condo and of course, what you said on the phone. Don't worry, I won't bite even though you said that you like me. It's okay for me. Good night again. *wink*

 

From: MyTourGuide

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

loading................

loading................

loading................

 

O_o

 

loading................

loading................

loading................

 

O_O

 

loading................

loading................

loading................

 

O0O

 

 

 

 

 

" WHUUUUAAAAATTTTT??!!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

 

A/N

 

Hello!! Maybe this is the last update for this year....hehehe..new year's eve is coming so I'll be busy..so, Advance Happy New year guys!!!!!