Chapter 6

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Unexpected Becomes the ExpectedBy LeeHwaYoung

 

 

I scurried out of the shared apartment, anxious to get as far away from the stuffy atmosphere. It was as though I had stepped back into my parents house, being watched over like a little kid. I took out my frustration in the elevator, throwing my fists in the air wildly. Somehow I would have to put up with this.

The cold air struck quickly, as if winter had arrived in the past few hours. Walking down the dark street, there was a moment of peacefulness when I was no longer under anyone’s watchful eyes. I smiled as I skipped along, making my way to the intended building only a few blocks away.

I had been here several times before. It was a late night class... an acting class. Since I was a little boy I had always dreamed of becoming a successful actor, and my dreams led me to this outcasted life. I didn’t care about money or fame, I simply enjoyed playing someone else’s role, and as I was often told by my professor, I was extremely well adapted to acting.

However, there was a problem with my family disapproving my love for acting. They always reminded me of the responsibility I had to continue on the family business, that I had to attend school to get my business degree. They did everything in their power to make sure I followed their plan for my life. That is how I managed to sneak around without anyone noticing, entering into a private acting school at night, where no one knew who I actually was. Even now I was acting as someone else.

“Aiden,” My professor’s voice snapped me out of my reverie. I had given my professor and the other students my english name, fearing that if I gave them my real name they would realize exactly who I was, would do everything in their power to help my career along. I couldn’t allow that. I wanted to be known for my talent, not a rich man’s son. So this is how my life turned out, and I surprisingly enjoyed it. “You’ve been quiet today. Is something wrong?” He questioned me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Not at all professor,” I smiled and continued on with our current lecture. My abilities as an actor also gave me the ability to identify peoples personalities. From one glance I could tell that Hyuk Jae or whatever his name was... was a spy for my parents. He had all the makings for a perfect spy. It was what his personality told me. Distant and quiet... just how a spy would be. I smirked as it was my turn to act out a scene.

I stood in front of the class, with one other person, staring at the other students in the class, all of them around the same age as me. I opened my mouth to speak when the doors to the classroom opened, banging against the wall, making everyone jump out of their seats and turn to see what was happening. I watched in horror as a scrawny figure stepped inside, apologizing in the form of a bow, for the disruption. I glared at the man, my suspicion rising higher. I kept his name to a whisper on my lips, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter