Chapter 18

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected Becomes the Expected

Story by LeeHwaYoung

 

Hyuk Jae, like a mad man, walked swiftly towards the swings, ignoring the presence of everyone and everything else. Instead of following his craze, I walked ot the back of the car, opening the trunk and pulling out a small incisor-shaped shovel. I hadn't been able to tell if Hyuk Jae was upset or not about my behavior yesterday. He was too much involved in getting his treasure back, which put me ina sour mood, for some unknown reason.

I walked up behind Hyuk Jae, as he was kneeling on the ground, scraping away as much dirt as possible from under the swing. I slowly let the shovel fall, clanking into the dirt slightly in front of Hyuk Jae's dirt clearing scheme. I watched as he paused, stood, and took the shovel without looking or saying anything. I turned my eyes to the surrounding scene, remembering the fun and excitement of less than a day before. I moved my gaze to look at the tree we had climbed, then diverted them again, catching a glimpse of an unusual red in the gloom of an autumn morning.

"We have to go," I said, glaring madly at the man who was watching us before looking at the unanswering Hyuk Jae. Fear for him boiled up within me. Why had my family's long term butler... if you could call him that... shown up here? I used my force to knock Hyuk Jae out of his reverie.

"We have to go. Now!," I screamed again, my eyes darting between the butler and Hyuk Jae. When I noticed Hyuk Jae couldn't get up in his confusion, I helped him up, pressing under his elbow to steady him to his feet then push him towards the car.

I followed behind Hyuk Jae until we reached the car, pulling the door open as fast as I could, before bidding him to get inside. The box of his and Young Yi's secret was still cradled close to his chest. For another unknown reason, my heart felt like it was getting stabbed.

"Lock the door. Stay here. No matter what you hear or see," I said briefly, wondering away quickly to find the butler.

I krept through the foliage, keeping my whereabouts as quiet as possible, careful not to step on any twigs or leaves that might give me away.

"Young master," th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter