Chapter 30

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected Becomes the Expected

Story By LeeHwaYoung

 

My heart continued to pound in my heart long after Hyuk Jae finished his words of confessing his love to me and my lips had left his. I felt winded. I felt like I could hardly breathe and yet I also felt that for the first time in a long time, I could breathe. However, I couldn't let those feelings overpower me just yet. I needed to get us out of here. I needed Hyuk Jae to be safe. Even as I pleaded with the guard I could feel my anger growing and my patience getting thin. I banged on the bars holding us in our cell just as a trapdoor fell open, a metal bar dropping on the guard's head. He went stiff before tumbling to the floor and the actors guild leader poked his head through the trap door.

"Hey guys," He called in, grinning wildly. "Sorry, it took so long. It's a long drive," He dropped down to the bottom floor, grabbing the keys to the cell and unlocking the door. Hyuk Jae pushed past me to hug the leader, thanking him with tears in his eyes. I watched and waited, shaking his hand when it came to be my turn. "Let's hurry up out of here. I don't know when the others will return," He waved them up the latter, Hyuk Jae going first.

It took a work of five minutes for them to hurry up into the waiting car that had a few other members waiting inside. They sped away from the small cabin in the mountains, pestering them for answers about what happened.

"When we saw Donghae get attacked and then the two of you be kidnapped we worked out a new plan. Some of us took on a few more, allowing a few of us to follow you. However, it took some time for the cabin to be cleared out enough where we could get in to save you safely. Sorry again that it took so long," The leader smiled sheepishly, raising his shoulders, telling us that there wasn't much to the story. I turned to Hyuk Jae smiling from ear to ear, just to find that he was blushing a deep red.

"What is it," I worryingly questioned him, noticing that something was off about him. He glanced at me, shaking his head, letting his hair fall over his eyes. "Tell me or I'll..." I moved closer, taking one of his hands into mine, while I brushed the hair out of his eyes and pulled him closer. I lowered my voice to a whisper. "I could barely contain my happiness back in that cell...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter