Chapter 27

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected Becomes the Expected

Story by LeeHwaYoung

 

Making a u-turn, I pressed down heavily on the gas, speeding in teh opposite direction. I made my way towards downtown. My heart was pounding as I thought about all the scenarios that could play out. Was I really going to save Lee Donghae? Did he even want saving? Did it matter? My head and my heart seemed to be in alignment for the first time in a very long time. The day seemed to be passing slowly as clouds began to accumulate. My foot began to keep time on the pedal with the pit-pat of rain drops on the cars' window, which seemed to lower the amount of anxiety that I was keeping bottled up. Once I arrived at the drama club, I breaked hard into a parking spot. I ran inside after putting the car into park.

"Hyuk Jae!" The director was on the stage. His voice was laced with surprise. He hopped off the stage and sped up the aisle, meeting me in the middle. "What are you doing here? Is everything ok?" He asked, glancing up and down at me.

"I need your help," I begged of him and explained the situation as the rain came down harder outside. The director remained silent but nodded his head at different intervals, showing that he was listening and understanding what was being said. "Can you help me save him?" I asked finally, catching my breath as I did. The director didn't reply but turned around and used his fingers to produce a loud whistle from his lips. Instantly the actors and actresses on stage and behind the curtain swiftly made their way up the aisle. ONce everyone gathered, a group of about thirty people, the director went into minor details about what was happening and if anyone should like to help out, he'd give them extra credit without needing to pay extra.

Within the hour everyone had changed into thug looking attire, climbed into a waiting car and had followed me to Donghae's home. I took a deep breath before getting out of my car, ignoring the rain that was now pelting down. I took another deep breath before pressing the intercom on the big wire gate.

"What is it?" A deep male voice sounded off of the microphone. I cleared my throat.

"Special delivery for Mr. Lee," There was a pause on the other side.

"The gate will open. You can leave the package at the outpost building. Stay to your right." The gate swung open. I watched it glide in slow motion until it hit the other side of the gate. I jumped into action, pulling out a chain and lock, threading the cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter