Chapter 10

The Unexpected Becomes The Expected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected Becomes the Expected

Story by LeeHwaYoung

 

I smiled as Hyuk Jae shut the door to the bathroom. I turned to move back to the chair I had been sitting on previously, ready to close my eyes to go back to sleep. There was a feeling that there would be a lot of things for me to do in the near future. I sighed as I sat down and propped my feet up onto the bed, letting my head droop forward onto my chest, but it was barely a minute before I heard some disturbances coming from the bathroom.

Suddenly, the bathroom door flung open. "Ahh... ahhh," soft humms came from within the bathroom, before an arm appeared... and then a leg.

"Do you need help?" I asked, smiling to myself.

"No," Hyuk Jae replied back too quickly. "Ahhh," another sigh escaped from him. I heard him pout. "Please..." Hyuk Jae's voice floated out of the bathroom. I stood without a word and walked over to him swiftly, grabbing him under the arm and helping him walk back to the bed. I watched as Hyuk Jae lowered his bottom onto the edge of the mattress, continuing his little sighs of pain.

I looked away, bringing up a hand to hide my face.

"Are you laughing at me?" Hyuk Jae asked, demandingly. I could only shake my head. "Yes, you are... ahh," Hyuk Jae accidently hit the back of his head against the wall. He lifted a hand to his head, clenching his eyes closed. I leaned over the bed, removing his hand.

"Let me see," I said simply, forcing his head down so I was able to look. I couldn't see anything beyond his mane of hair, so I ran my hand through his hair, checking for bumbs and blood but neither was felt or seen. "You're fine," I patted his shoulder before backing away. I noticed his glare was on me once more, this time though, it wasn't a sinister stare, but one of curiosity.

I returned to my seat and closed my eyes, only opening them again a few hourse later, when the doctor entered the room.

"You're being discharged Mr. Lee," The doctor smiled and handed Hyuk Jae's chart to the nurse. "Good for you that you've had such wonderful help. You seem to be doing really well," The doctor winked in my direction, making Hyuk Jae begin to cough. I stood and moved next to the bed, smiling to the doctor as I gently patted Hyuk Jae's back. The nurse swooned. I smiled more until I felt a pinch on my arm.

"Ow," I muttered, looking down to find Hyuk Jae pinching me as he glared in my direction.

The doctor laughed. "Whenever you're ready feel free to check out at the front desk. You'll still probably feel weak for a few days, so please take a wheelchair to use," The doctor bowed and left

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter